Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2020, 10:07:17 AM »

I'm hungry already.
Yeah, me too.
Made myself a coffee and a breakfast sandwich. That should hold me over.
breakfast sausage links and eggs myself.
really having a difficult time not throwing the ribs on early.
That's the great thing about not having to answer to anyone else. Go for it!

« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2020, 10:30:31 AM »

Morning, muchachos.

« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2020, 10:35:34 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
Hiya, Bret. Off again today? Were you able to catch up on some sleep?

« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2020, 10:48:09 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
Hiya, Bret. Off again today? Were you able to catch up on some sleep?
I did.  Not off today, but I'm kinda lazing through.

« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2020, 11:01:55 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
Hiya, Bret. Off again today? Were you able to catch up on some sleep?
I did.  Not off today, but I'm kinda lazing through.
Been staring early and working late for the last few weeks. Cutting out early today to take my in-laws to a doctor appointment.

« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2020, 11:24:45 AM »

I'm hungry already.
Yeah, me too.
Made myself a coffee and a breakfast sandwich. That should hold me over.
Pork roll egg and cheese?

« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2020, 11:34:58 AM »

« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2020, 11:37:53 AM »

grill test. with center burner on low, temp was 265°. not sure if closing tank valve down if it would limit heat output. maybe with drip pan on grate and ribs on warming rack will help.
I wouldn't use the center burner. Instead use one on the extreme left or right and place the ribs on the other end. I also wouldn't mess with the gas; it's either on or off. I'm not am authority and am curious to hear what the peanut gallery has to say.
I would drive over to the Smoking Pig and get their ribs to go!

« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2020, 11:38:52 AM »

Morning Oy (kinda), Dave, Tony, Dean and Raz.

« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2020, 11:39:09 AM »

this will work.

« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2020, 11:40:10 AM »

morning Dave and Brett.

« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2020, 11:44:01 AM »

I'm hungry already.
Yeah, me too.
Made myself a coffee and a breakfast sandwich. That should hold me over.
Pork roll egg and cheese?
I didn't have any Taylor Ham so I went with some SPAM instead. Same concept though.

« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2020, 11:53:10 AM »

ribs are ready for noon start.
Will you cover them in foil or put them directly on the grates?
I will cook them on the warming rack uncovered with a drip tray on the grates.
I will post pictures at noon.

« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2020, 11:55:43 AM »

Today is Friday, July 24, the 206th day of 2020. There are 160 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:
On July 24, 1974, the U.S. Supreme Court unanimously ruled that President Richard Nixon had to turn over subpoenaed White House tape recordings to the Watergate special prosecutor.

On this date:
In 1847, Mormon leader Brigham Young and his followers arrived in the Great Salt Lake Valley in present-day Utah.
In 1858, Republican senatorial candidate Abraham Lincoln formally challenged Democrat Stephen A. Douglas to a series of political debates; the result was seven face-to-face encounters.
In 1862, Martin Van Buren, the eighth president of the United States, and the first to have been born a U.S. citizen, died at age 79 in Kinderhook, New York, the town where he was born in 1782.

In 1866, Tennessee became the first state to be readmitted to the Union after the Civil War.
In 1911, Yale University history professor Hiram Bingham III found the “Lost City of the Incas,” Machu Picchu, in Peru.

In 1915, the SS Eastland, a passenger ship carrying more than 2,500 people, rolled onto its side while docked at the Clark Street Bridge on the Chicago River; an estimated 844 people died in the disaster.
In 1937, the state of Alabama dropped charges against four of the nine young Black men accused of raping two white women in the “Scottsboro Case.”

In 1969, the Apollo 11 astronauts [–] two of whom had been the first men to set foot on the moon [–] splashed down safely in the Pacific.
In 1975, an Apollo spacecraft splashed down in the Pacific, completing a mission which included the first-ever docking with a Soyuz capsule from the Soviet Union.
In 1980, comedian-actor Peter Sellers died in London at 54.

In 2002, nine coal miners became trapped in a flooded tunnel of the Quecreek (KYOO’-kreek) Mine in western Pennsylvania; the story ended happily 77 hours later with the rescue of all nine.
In 2018, the Trump administration said it would provide $12 billion in emergency relief to farmers hurt by trade disputes with China and other countries. Ivanka Trump announced the shutdown of her fashion line, which had been targeted by boycotts and prompted concerns about conflicts of interest.

« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2020, 11:56:32 AM »

Ten years ago: A stampede inside a tunnel crowded with techno music fans left 21 people dead and more than 500 injured at the famed Love Parade festival in western Germany. Fourteen-year-old Jim Liu beat Justin Thomas 4 and 2 to become the youngest U.S. Junior Amateur golf champion at Egypt Valley Country Club in Ada, Michigan.

Five years ago: Fulfilling the hopes of millions of Kenyans, Barack Obama returned to his father’s homeland for the first time as U.S. president, a visit long sought by a country that considered him a local son. In a stunning, public attack on his own party leader, Republican Sen. Ted Cruz accused Majority Leader Mitch McConnell of lying, saying he was no better than his Democratic predecessor, Harry Reid, and couldn’t be trusted. Two teenage fishermen, Perry Cohen and Austin Stephanos, went missing off Florida’s Atlantic coast; their capsized boat was found two days later. AT&T became the country’s biggest traditional TV provider with its $48.5 billion purchase of DirecTV.

One year ago: In a day of congressional testimony, Robert Mueller dismissed President Donald Trump’s claim of “total exoneration” in Mueller’s probe of Russia’s 2016 election interference. Boris Johnson took office as Britain’s prime minister, vowing to break the impasse that defeated his predecessor, Theresa May, and lead the country out of the European Union. Puerto Rico Gov. Ricardo Rossello said he would resign, in the face of a public uproar over an online chat in which the governor and close advisers insulted women and mocked constituents. A Pennsylvania appeals court overturned rapper Meek Mill’s conviction in a drug and gun case that had kept the rapper on probation for a decade. Federal regulators announced a settlement under which Facebook was being fined $5 billion over privacy violations; the company would also face new oversight and restrictions on its business.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7