« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2020, 12:04:00 PM »

time to go to work.

« Reply #61 on: July 21, 2020, 12:15:54 PM »

Wish me luck. Gonna try tackling an HVAC issue myself. I believe it's more plumbing related but I have to try before bringing in the professionals.
If you need anything I can help walk you through give me a shout.
Much appreciated. What time can you be here?

I'm guessing I created this mess. Went too long between changing filter and now there appears to be a clog in the condensation line. Opened one end and attempting to snake it but it seems to get stuck after 6 1/2'  where the PVC takes a 90° turn. The air has been turned off for about 8 hours and the open end is dripping water steadily into a bucket for now.
Sounds like you may have some sludge forming in the condensate line. You could from the highest point try some bleach and warm water to open some of the restriction.
I may try that next. Trying to snake now from the trap. I'll keep you posted.
A plugged filter can cause a frozen evaporator. Your unit may be slightly under charge. A complete thaw would be necessary. It's tough to diagnose w o seeing it. Just trying to be helpful
Much appreciated. I'm gonna try the bleach and warm water next and if it doesn't work I'll call in the cavalry.

« Reply #62 on: July 21, 2020, 12:16:54 PM »

[...]

The filter was replaced weeks ago. I think the issue is sludge.

« Reply #63 on: July 21, 2020, 12:19:04 PM »

time to go to work.
Have fun, Deano. Stay hydrated.

« Reply #64 on: July 21, 2020, 12:37:35 PM »

« Reply #65 on: July 21, 2020, 12:59:41 PM »

Morning, muchachos.  Late checkin today.

« Reply #66 on: July 21, 2020, 01:03:23 PM »

got all my planned chores done yesterday. just waiting for the garbageman to show to make sure he hauls away my old grill. new one is out for delivery so if and when it arrives I know it'll need assembly. ribs tomorrow if successful.
Gotta love a new grill. Finally got one this year after running the last one through its paces for 14 years.
I think I got almost 4 unprotected from the element years out of it. it was just a small 2 burner. new one is a small 3 burner with grill cover. if it gets here.
Old one was a 3 burner, but had to go up to 4 burners this time. I always joked I either needed a bigger grill or a smaller family. Went with the bigger grill, cheaper that way. ;)Sounds like Fishmath to me.
Does anyone remember the fishes? Both gmrfish and sfish?
Didn't sfish drop by not too many months ago?  Like, just before the COVID nightmare started?

« Reply #67 on: July 21, 2020, 01:22:17 PM »

got all my planned chores done yesterday. just waiting for the garbageman to show to make sure he hauls away my old grill. new one is out for delivery so if and when it arrives I know it'll need assembly. ribs tomorrow if successful.
Gotta love a new grill. Finally got one this year after running the last one through its paces for 14 years.
I think I got almost 4 unprotected from the element years out of it. it was just a small 2 burner. new one is a small 3 burner with grill cover. if it gets here.
Old one was a 3 burner, but had to go up to 4 burners this time. I always joked I either needed a bigger grill or a smaller family. Went with the bigger grill, cheaper that way. ;)Sounds like Fishmath to me.
Does anyone remember the fishes? Both gmrfish and sfish?
Didn't sfish drop by not too many months ago?  Like, just before the COVID nightmare started?
Yeah, he's been around more recent than that. I just like to give him a hard time in case he's lurking.

« Reply #68 on: July 21, 2020, 01:22:46 PM »

Morning, muchachos.  Late checkin today.
Howdy, Raz.

« Reply #69 on: July 21, 2020, 01:27:57 PM »

Dean's favorite place, The Villages, no longer spared from COVID.

https://www.villages-news.com/2020/07/13/deadly-covid-19-virus-continues-to-hammer-the-villages-and-nearby-communities/
That seems like a place where the virus could just tear through like wildfire.
They had been pretty cocky because it hadn't been much of an issue earlier.

« Reply #70 on: July 21, 2020, 01:28:05 PM »

« Reply #71 on: July 21, 2020, 01:30:23 PM »

A masterpiece Dean!

« Reply #72 on: July 21, 2020, 01:33:08 PM »

« Reply #73 on: July 21, 2020, 01:41:16 PM »