CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: 7/20/2020  (Read 6007 times)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
Re: 7/20/2020
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2020, 09:43:50 AM »

Set this up for the kids 15 years ago, now back in style.
That looks like a nice place to hide. Does the door lock and are the walls soundproof?

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2020, 09:44:15 AM »

We need to close down' — Florida reports more than 10,000 new virus cases for fifth day.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/07/19/we-need-to-close-down-florida-reports-more-than-10000-coronavirus-cases-for-fifth-day.html
dont panic dean ...
Last week in Florida – which is perhaps not coincidentally the location of the Republican Party’s national convention – another scandal emerged when hundreds of Covid test centers reported 100 percent positive results. Obviously this would paint a far grimmer picture of the resurgence of the virus. Orlando Health, for example, reported a positivity rate of 98 percent – a shocking level – but a further investigation revealed a true positivity rate of only 9.4 percent. Those “anomalies” were repeated throughout the state
Yeah, so you guys might only have 320k cases, instead of 350k. Nothing to concern yourself about!

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2020, 09:48:19 AM »

We need to close down' — Florida reports more than 10,000 new virus cases for fifth day.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/07/19/we-need-to-close-down-florida-reports-more-than-10000-coronavirus-cases-for-fifth-day.html
dont panic dean ...
Last week in Florida – which is perhaps not coincidentally the location of the Republican Party’s national convention – another scandal emerged when hundreds of Covid test centers reported 100 percent positive results. Obviously this would paint a far grimmer picture of the resurgence of the virus. Orlando Health, for example, reported a positivity rate of 98 percent – a shocking level – but a further investigation revealed a true positivity rate of only 9.4 percent. Those “anomalies” were repeated throughout the state
the one that got me was the fatal motorcycle death listed as COVID-19.

Questions raised after fatal motorcycle crash listed as COVID-19 death.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox35orlando.com/news/fox-35-investigates-questions-raised-after-fatal-motorcycle-crash-listed-as-covid-19-death.amp

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2020, 09:56:55 AM »

dont panic dean ...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox35orlando.com/news/fox-35-investigates-questions-raised-after-fatal-motorcycle-crash-listed-as-covid-19-death.amp
That is a strange one, Deano. But I'm certain many more have gone the opposite way. For example, a very small percentage of the death certificates my wife has been processing state COVID. At the same time, she is seeing tons of them from people in their 20-50s with respiratory distress listed as the cause of death. This was not as common before the pandemic.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2020, 10:11:14 AM »

dont panic dean ...

That is a strange one, Deano. But I'm certain many more have gone the opposite way. For example, a very small percentage of the death certificates my wife has been processing state COVID. At the same time, she is seeing tons of them from people in their 20-50s with respiratory distress listed as the cause of death. This was not as common before the pandemic.
There are undoubtedly more cases than we're aware of, for the simple fact that some people will not bother going to get tested, or will pass before they have a chance. But even the ones we're aware of make this something to take seriously. Now, if only everyone WOULD take it seriously and take precautions when they go out, we'd stand a much better chance of stamping this thing down a bit.

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter
« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2020, 10:11:20 AM »

Set this up for the kids 15 years ago, now back in style.
That looks like a nice place to hide. Does the door lock and are the walls soundproof?
no and no. But it worked for homework back then and my wife balancing the checkbook nowadays

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter
« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2020, 10:13:56 AM »

dont panic dean ...

20-50 could be OD from narcotics. Suicide OD are also Up.

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter
« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2020, 10:17:03 AM »

dont panic dean ...

There are undoubtedly more cases than we're aware of, for the simple fact that some people will not bother going to get tested, or will pass before they have a chance. But even the ones we're aware of make this something to take seriously. Now, if only everyone WOULD take it seriously and take precautions when they go out, we'd stand a much better chance of stamping this thing down a bit.
covid19 seems to be a good beta test with very low kill rate.

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Click the globe below to see my top rated cigars.
    • Click my web link to see my list of top rated cigars...
« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2020, 10:17:19 AM »

Good morning Dean, Tony, and Dave
Good morning, Rick. Are you enjoying the stickiness?
It cooled down a bit after last night's thunderstorm

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2020, 10:17:24 AM »

Morning Dean, Tony, Dave and Rick....Monday ugggh....

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #55 on: July 20, 2020, 10:18:36 AM »

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #56 on: July 20, 2020, 10:23:32 AM »

dont panic dean ...

20-50 could be OD from narcotics. Suicide OD are also Up.
That sounds plausible too.

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Click the globe below to see my top rated cigars.
    • Click my web link to see my list of top rated cigars...
« Reply #57 on: July 20, 2020, 10:23:40 AM »

Good morning guys. I'm really busy today. More people have returned and our equipment is outdated.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #58 on: July 20, 2020, 10:24:44 AM »

Good morning guys. I'm really busy today. More people have returned and our equipment is outdated.
TWSS!

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #59 on: July 20, 2020, 10:25:29 AM »

Morning Dean, Tony, Dave and Rick....Monday ugggh....
Buenos días, ClemsonDave.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10