Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2020, 10:10:24 AM »

good morning Raz.

« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2020, 10:12:10 AM »

From CigarPage,
Deal on Archetype boxes.  Not familiar with any of these three, but others in the line that I've tried have been good to very interesting.
https://www.cigarpage.com/mind-bending-deal.html

Some good 10er deals including Laranja, EPC and AJF.

« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2020, 10:12:53 AM »

Decent price on the Monster for Luminosa Toro's, especially with CATSRULE.   Southern Draw Rose of Sharon also available but not discounted.
Interesting. I may have to bite.

« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2020, 10:13:41 AM »

Happy Friday guys.
We made it!
It was touch and go for a while but we made it, indeed.
It took until 11:00 last night, and I was clocked in at 6:30 this morning.  But we might be making it.
Good for you.  You do need to call it at 4:00 today however.  Happy hour calling.  Morning Razputin.

« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2020, 10:24:30 AM »

From Small Batch Cigar today:

Finally Friday!
Starting now until midnight we have one special on AJ Fernandez, Espinosa, and Pier 28!

AJ Fernandez
Espinosa
Pier 28

CODE: AEP = 18% off plus 5% reward points on categories above!

« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2020, 10:24:43 AM »

This is my own little piece of history and my most prized possession.  She came out the Colt's factory in April of 1943, headed for war.  I bought her about ten years ago for cheap. Pulled her apart and the numbers all matched.  But her collector value is gone because some yahoo had her plated. I've been told the plating is nickel.  I've also been told it's bumper chrome, and based on the way it's peeling I tend to believe the latter.  But that isn't going to matter anymore.  Because after years of hemming and hawing and choking on what it will cost, I finally bit the bullet and shipped it to Turnbull Restorations.  She'll be gone a year, and it's likely to cost most of $3K.  But they say they can return her to the condition she was in when she left the factory.  We should all be so lucky.

I've given her a name:  Rona, in honor of the virus that led to me getting the overtime that will pay for her restoration.

« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2020, 10:26:17 AM »

« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2020, 10:27:18 AM »

Decent price on the Monster for Luminosa Toro's, especially with CATSRULE.   Southern Draw Rose of Sharon also available but not discounted.
Interesting. I may have to bite.
Remember, you damned near got arrested last time you did that.

« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2020, 10:28:00 AM »

From Small Batch Cigar today:

Finally Friday!
Starting now until midnight we have one special on AJ Fernandez, Espinosa, and Pier 28!

AJ Fernandez
Espinosa
Pier 28

CODE: AEP = 18% off plus 5% reward points on categories above!
Or your have this weekend offering from them:
My Father/Don Pepin Special!
This special would have been a bit more relevant last week. Starting now until Sunday at midnight we are running a My Father & Don Pepin Special!

CODE: MYFATHER = 20% off plus 5% reward points on My Father & Don Pepin category no minimum.

CODE: MYFATHER125 = 30% off plus 5% reward points on My Father & Don Pepin Category orders $125 or more.

Please log in before using code

« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2020, 10:29:52 AM »

[...]

Good luck with that.  Why would anyone do something like that to a fine piece?

« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2020, 10:29:59 AM »

Happy Friday guys.
We made it!
It was touch and go for a while but we made it, indeed.
It took until 11:00 last night, and I was clocked in at 6:30 this morning.  But we might be making it.
Good for you.  You do need to call it at 4:00 today however.  Happy hour calling.  Morning Razputin.
Ain't gonna happen, but I might make it by 5pm.  Goin' chootin' after work.  Taking out the scary, black, fully semiautomatic, high capacity, extreme powered killing machines.  Morning, Dave.

« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2020, 10:40:58 AM »

I don't want to jinx myself but I'm done with my meetings. Which means I can actually get some work done today. This is such a rare occurrence that I'm giddy with excitement.
Hell, I'll have to celebrate with a cigar.
Now I KNOW 2020 is an alternate reality.
I have chosen a La Palina Red Label for the occasion.
Great smoke production on this medium bodied La Palina. I never said 10 Earth minutes. Well, better late than never.

« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2020, 10:42:40 AM »

I don't want to jinx myself but I'm done with my meetings. Which means I can actually get some work done today. This is such a rare occurrence that I'm giddy with excitement.
Hell, I'll have to celebrate with a cigar.
Now I KNOW 2020 is an alternate reality.
I have chosen a La Palina Red Label for the occasion.
Great smoke production on this medium bodied La Palina. I never said 10 Earth minutes. Well, better late than never.

If I hadn't seen it, I wouldn't have believed it. Enjoy!

« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2020, 10:43:53 AM »

Happy Friday guys.
We made it!
It was touch and go for a while but we made it, indeed.
It took until 11:00 last night, and I was clocked in at 6:30 this morning.  But we might be making it.
Good for you.  You do need to call it at 4:00 today however.  Happy hour calling.  Morning Razputin.
Ain't gonna happen, but I might make it by 5pm.  Goin' chootin' after work.  Taking out the scary, black, fully semiautomatic, high capacity, extreme powered killing machines.  Morning, Dave.
I'm heading to the range myself tomorrow.

« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2020, 10:43:58 AM »

[...]

Probably to cover up rust, pitting, and botched attempts to remove them.  Or maybe someone saw a shiny one in the movies and thought it was cool, and Chuy down the body shop said, "I can make it chiny for you, Homes."  We'll find out when they strip off the plating.  But Doug Turnbull owns all the vintage equipment, roll dies, and punches from Colt and the government to fix it all.  Says he probably has period-correct grips for it.

She won't end up as glamorous as many of the 1911s Turnbull does, because he's famous for doing the amazing charcoal bluing and fancy walnut grips that were put on these guns up until mid-1941.  But this one was made for war, and came out of the factory Parkerized and with Bakelite grips.  So she'll be more sturdy and handsome, in a martial way, than glamorous.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6