Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2020, 09:44:40 AM »

Morning SoonToPuttDave, JustPuttering, AlwaysPuttingDean and PutteringAtRedLightsBean.

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2020, 09:48:14 AM »

Page 2 already,Wow!

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2020, 09:52:06 AM »

Today is Thursday, June 25, the 177th day of 2020. There are 189 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:
On June 25, 1876, Lt. Col. Colonel George A. Custer and his 7th Cavalry were wiped out by Sioux and Cheyenne Indians in the Battle of the Little Bighorn in Montana.

On this date:
In 1788, Virginia ratified the U.S. Constitution.
In 1867, barbed wire was patented by Lucien B. Smith of Kent, Ohio.
In 1910, President William Howard Taft signed the White-Slave Traffic Act, more popularly known as the Mann Act, which made it illegal to transport women across state lines for “immoral” purposes.

In 1942, Gen. Dwight D. Eisenhower was designated Commanding General of the European Theater of Operations during World War II. Some 1,000 British Royal Air Force bombers raided Bremen, Germany.
In 1947, “The Diary of a Young Girl,” the personal journal of Anne Frank, a German-born Jewish girl hiding with her family from the Nazis in Amsterdam during World War II, was first published.
In 1950, war broke out in Korea as forces from the communist North invaded the South.

In 1962, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that recitation of a state-sponsored prayer in New York State public schools was unconstitutional.
In 1973, former White House Counsel John W. Dean began testifying before the Senate Watergate Committee, implicating top administration officials, including President Richard Nixon as well as himself, in the Watergate scandal and cover-up.

In 1990, the U.S. Supreme Court, in its first “right-to-die” decision, ruled that family members could be barred from ending the lives of persistently comatose relatives who had not made their wishes known conclusively.
In 1996, a truck bomb killed 19 Americans and injured hundreds at a U.S. military housing complex in Saudi Arabia.

In 2003, the Recording Industry Association of America threatened to sue hundreds of individual computer users who were illegally sharing music files online.
In 2009, death claimed Michael Jackson, the “King of Pop,” in Los Angeles at age 50 and actress Farrah Fawcett in Santa Monica, California, at age 62.

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2020, 09:52:48 AM »

Ten years ago: Group of Eight leaders, including President Barack Obama, began meeting in Huntsville, Ontario, Canada. BP said its effort to drill a relief well through 2 1/2 miles of rock to stop the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico was on target for completion by mid-August. Edwin Jackson threw the fourth no-hitter of the season, leading the Arizona Diamondbacks to a 1-0 victory over his former team, the Tampa Bay Rays.

Five years ago: The U.S. Supreme Court upheld nationwide tax subsidies under President Barack Obama’s health care overhaul in a 6-3 ruling that preserved health insurance for millions of Americans. Univision’s UniMas network announced it was dropping its Spanish-language coverage of the Miss USA pageant in a spiraling controversy over comments made by Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump, a part owner of the Miss Universe pageant, about Mexican immigrants. Actor Patrick Macnee, 93, died in Rancho Mirage, California.

One year ago: Stephanie Grisham, longtime spokeswoman and confidante to Melania Trump, was named to succeed Sarah Sanders as White House press secretary. (She would hold the job for nine months without conducting a formal briefing for reporters.) San Francisco became the first major U.S. city to ban the sale of electronic cigarettes. On the 10th anniversary of the death of Michael Jackson, hundreds of his fans gathered at his grave in Glendale, California for a daylong celebration of his life and music.

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2020, 09:55:18 AM »

Today’s Birthdays:

Actress June Lockhart is 95.
Civil rights activist James Meredith is 87.
Rhythm and blues singer Eddie Floyd is 83.
Actress Barbara Montgomery is 81.
Actress Mary Beth Peil (peel) is 80.
Basketball Hall of Famer Willis Reed is 78.
Singer Carly Simon is 75.
Rock musician Ian McDonald (Foreigner; King Crimson) is 74.
Actor-comedian Jimmie Walker is 73.
Actor-director Michael Lembeck is 72.
Rock singer Tim Finn is 68.
Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor is 66.
Rock musician David Paich (Toto) is 66.
Actor Michael Sabatino is 65.
Actor-writer-director Ricky Gervais (jer-VAYZ’) is 59.
Actor John Benjamin Hickey is 57.
Actress Erica Gimpel is 56.
Basketball Hall of Famer Dikembe Mutombo (dih-KEHM’-bay moo-TAHM’-boh) is 54.
-producer Richie Rich is 53.
Contemporary Christian musician Sean Kelly (formerly with Sixpence None the Richer) is 49.
Actress Angela Kinsey is 49.
Rock musician Mike Kroeger (KROO’-gur) (Nickelback) is 48.
Rock musician Mario Calire is 46.
Actress Linda Cardellini is 45.
Actress Busy Philipps is 41.
Jazz musician Joey Alexander is 17.

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2020, 09:55:41 AM »

Six months till Christmas!

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2020, 09:56:45 AM »

Mr. Bean...Your HR department providing masks at work?  Got a safety protocol in place?

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2020, 10:02:12 AM »

Good morning guys.
Dean how long you staying in NY?

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2020, 10:04:39 AM »

Dean, Bean and I now share membership in the Persona Non Grata club.

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2020, 10:05:12 AM »

Morning ShuttingUsOutRick.

« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2020, 10:06:15 AM »

« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2020, 10:06:31 AM »

Morning, muchachos.

« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2020, 10:07:52 AM »

Mr. Bean...Your HR department providing masks at work?  Got a safety protocol in place?
We suspended our tradition of licking the door knobs on Friday.

« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2020, 10:11:41 AM »

Dean, Bean and I now share membership in the Persona Non Grata club.

« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2020, 10:12:10 AM »

Mr. Bean...Your HR department providing masks at work?  Got a safety protocol in place?
We suspended our tradition of licking the door knobs on Friday.
Thanks, Obama.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5