Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2020, 10:06:54 AM »

Thought for Today: “Most of the successful people I’ve known are the ones who do more listening than talking.” [–] Bernard M. Baruch, American businessman and statesman (1870-1965).
Bernard Baruch, one of the great robber barons.  Did what many of the northern rich did and buy a plantation in the south.  I got to visit his private estate back in the 70's.  Impressive!  Daughter Belle was among other things and aviatrix.  At the time one of her two caretakers was still living on the property.  After she passed, the land was passed on to the care of USC and Clemson.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernard_Baruch
69k acres is quite the estate.
Pretty average by Texas standards.
Damn, how big are the big ones if 69,000 acres is average?
What can I say, we have big ones...

https://www.wideopencountry.com/10-biggest-texas-ranches/
the poor Jones family isn't keeping up.

« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2020, 10:07:35 AM »

Thought for Today: “Most of the successful people I’ve known are the ones who do more listening than talking.” [–] Bernard M. Baruch, American businessman and statesman (1870-1965).
Bernard Baruch, one of the great robber barons.  Did what many of the northern rich did and buy a plantation in the south.  I got to visit his private estate back in the 70's.  Impressive!  Daughter Belle was among other things and aviatrix.  At the time one of her two caretakers was still living on the property.  After she passed, the land was passed on to the care of USC and Clemson.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernard_Baruch
69k acres is quite the estate.
Pretty average by Texas standards.
Damn, how big are the big ones if 69,000 acres is average?
What can I say, we have big ones...

https://www.wideopencountry.com/10-biggest-texas-ranches/
Definitely looks like some classic overcompensation going on there. ;)

« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2020, 10:08:52 AM »

[...]

CNS

« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2020, 10:09:07 AM »

[...]

TNWSS

« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2020, 10:15:53 AM »

Thought for Today: “Most of the successful people I’ve known are the ones who do more listening than talking.” [–] Bernard M. Baruch, American businessman and statesman (1870-1965).
Bernard Baruch, one of the great robber barons.  Did what many of the northern rich did and buy a plantation in the south.  I got to visit his private estate back in the 70's.  Impressive!  Daughter Belle was among other things and aviatrix.  At the time one of her two caretakers was still living on the property.  After she passed, the land was passed on to the care of USC and Clemson.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernard_Baruch
69k acres is quite the estate.
Pretty average by Texas standards.
Damn, how big are the big ones if 69,000 acres is average?
What can I say, we have big ones...

https://www.wideopencountry.com/10-biggest-texas-ranches/
Braggart.

« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2020, 10:17:49 AM »

Just clever...

« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2020, 10:48:21 AM »

Just clever...
CNS. Well, it just sounds ridiculous when you say it this way. ;)

« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2020, 11:17:02 AM »

I needed a refresher course on how to behave back home:

THE RULES OF RURAL NEW YORK Yes, there is a huge state beyond New York City and it is called Upstate New York. It has some beautiful large cities and is also full of MANY, MANY small towns and abundant farm land which we call Rural New York. Here is someone's take on "Rural New York" and it's quite accurate.

THE RULES OF RURAL NEW YORK ARE AS FOLLOWS: Listen up City Slickers!

1. Pull your droopy pants up. You look like an idiot.

2. Turn your cap around straight... Your head isn't crooked.

3. Let's get this straight; it's called a 'dirt road' No matter how slow you drive, you're going to get dust on your Lexus. Drive it or get out of the way. I drive a pickup truck because I want to.

4. They are cattle. They're live steaks. That's why they smell funny to you. But they smell like money to us. Get over it. Don't like it? I-90 and I-81 go west and south... Use em.

5. So you have a $60,000 car... We're impressed. We have $250,000 combines... To harvest corn and soybeans that are driven only 3 weeks a year.

6. So every person in rural New York waves. It's called being friendly. Try to understand the concept.

7. If that cell phone rings while an 8-point buck and 3 does are coming in, we WILL shoot it out of your hand. You better hope you don't have it up to your ear at the time.

8. Yeah, we eat meat, taters and gravy, beans and biscuits, and homemade pie. You really want sushi and caviar? It's available down at Jim's bait shop.

9. The 'Opener' refers to the first day of deer season. It's a religious holiday held the Saturday before Thanksgiving.

10. We open doors for women. That is applied to all women, regardless of age.

11. No, there's no 'vegetarian special' on the menu. Order steak or chicken. Or, you can order the Chef's Salad and pick off the 2 pounds of ham and turkey.

12. When we fill out a table, there are three main dishes: meats, vegetables, and breads. We use three spices... Salt, pepper, and ketchup. Oh, yeah... We don't care what you folks in Chicago call that stuff you eat... IT AIN'T REAL CHILI !!

13. You bring 'coke' into my house... It better be brown, wet and served over ice.

14. You bring 'Mary Jane' into my house, she better be cute, know how to shoot, drive a truck, and have long blonde hair.

15. The Syracuse Orangemen and high school football are as important here as the Giants and the Jets and more fun to watch.

16. Yeah, we have golf courses. But don't hit the water hazards... It spooks the fish.

17. Colleges? We have them all over. We have Cornell University, Ithaca College, Syracuse U., Colgate, the SUNY system, Community Colleges, and Voc-techs. They come outta there with an education plus a love for God and Country, and they still wave to everybody when they come home for the holidays.

18. Turn down that blasted car stereo! That thumpity-thump junk ain't music anyway. We don't want to hear it any more than we want to see your boxers. (Refer back to #1.)

19. Four inches of snow isn't a blizzard... it's a flurry. Drive in it like you got some sense, and DON'T take all our bread, milk, and eggs off the grocery shelves. This ain't Alaska! Worst case... You may have to live a whole day without croissants. Anyway... The pickups with snowplows will have you out the next day.

20. If you've never been here, come visit our friendly folks and enjoy our spectacular scenery... Lakes, farmland, great fishing and hunting, wineries, museums, lots of history. Take a boat ride on the Erie Canal. Check out Niagara Falls and the Adirondacks and Catskill Mountains.

21. By the way, if you want to talk to God in Upstate New York... it's a local call.

« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2020, 11:29:55 AM »

Thought for Today: “Most of the successful people I’ve known are the ones who do more listening than talking.” [–] Bernard M. Baruch, American businessman and statesman (1870-1965).
This cuts me deep.

« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2020, 11:35:50 AM »

« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2020, 11:55:11 AM »

‘The Bold and the Beautiful’ using blowup dolls for sex scenes in new episodes.

https://nypost.com/2020/06/17/the-bold-and-the-beautiful-using-blowup-dolls-for-sex-scenes/

« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2020, 12:18:56 PM »

‘The Bold and the Beautiful’ using blowup dolls for sex scenes in new episodes.

https://nypost.com/2020/06/17/the-bold-and-the-beautiful-using-blowup-dolls-for-sex-scenes/
Sorry I'll be missing that.... ::)  Haven't watch a soap since keeping my grandmother company...and I thought they were weird then.

« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2020, 12:43:11 PM »

‘The Bold and the Beautiful’ using blowup dolls for sex scenes in new episodes.

https://nypost.com/2020/06/17/the-bold-and-the-beautiful-using-blowup-dolls-for-sex-scenes/
Sorry I'll be missing that.... ::)  Haven't watch a soap since keeping my grandmother company...and I thought they were weird then.
They are weird but also very interesting. What I mean by that is that they must give the audience just a little bit each day to keep them coming back. Yet, if one misses a year they can be all caught up within half an episode. Not very unlike the banter.

« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2020, 01:05:40 PM »

‘The Bold and the Beautiful’ using blowup dolls for sex scenes in new episodes.

https://nypost.com/2020/06/17/the-bold-and-the-beautiful-using-blowup-dolls-for-sex-scenes/
Sorry I'll be missing that.... ::)  Haven't watch a soap since keeping my grandmother company...and I thought they were weird then.
They are weird but also very interesting. What I mean by that is that they must give the audience just a little bit each day to keep them coming back. Yet, if one misses a year they can be all caught up within half an episode. Not very unlike the banter.
Good one.  I guess today is analogy day on the banter.

« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2020, 01:07:54 PM »

‘The Bold and the Beautiful’ using blowup dolls for sex scenes in new episodes.

https://nypost.com/2020/06/17/the-bold-and-the-beautiful-using-blowup-dolls-for-sex-scenes/
Sorry I'll be missing that.... ::)  Haven't watch a soap since keeping my grandmother company...and I thought they were weird then.
They are weird but also very interesting. What I mean by that is that they must give the audience just a little bit each day to keep them coming back. Yet, if one misses a year they can be all caught up within half an episode. Not very unlike the banter.
Do we have sex dolls available on the banter, too?  Asking for a friend.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4