Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2020, 09:16:34 AM »

I have the opening appointment with my mechanic to diagnose the 'check engine' light.
dealer gave me a big runaround on the phone. I hate those guys.
Good luck, hopefully it's just a faulty gas cap.
fuel vacume intake valve. $172. 😣
Oof. Though, I imagine it could've been much worse. Time to nurse your wounds in the hot tub.

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2020, 09:38:36 AM »

I have the opening appointment with my mechanic to diagnose the 'check engine' light.
dealer gave me a big runaround on the phone. I hate those guys.
Good luck, hopefully it's just a faulty gas cap.
fuel vacume intake valve. $172.
Yeah all these newer vehicles have way to much gadgetry. Like Dave said it could have been worse.

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2020, 09:46:01 AM »

I have the opening appointment with my mechanic to diagnose the 'check engine' light.
dealer gave me a big runaround on the phone. I hate those guys.
Good luck, hopefully it's just a faulty gas cap.
fuel vacume intake valve. $172.
Isn't that the same as the gas cap?

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2020, 09:48:15 AM »

Speaking of cars, I'm imagining a lot of starters are going to need replacing soon since so many cars have that auto shutoff stupidity that engages when you are stopped at a traffic light. Mark won't have this issue.

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2020, 09:55:54 AM »

I have the opening appointment with my mechanic to diagnose the 'check engine' light.
dealer gave me a big runaround on the phone. I hate those guys.
Good luck, hopefully it's just a faulty gas cap.
fuel vacume intake valve. $172. 😣
Evaporative Canister Purge Solinoid Valve. cash discount $170 parts, labor, and tip.

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2020, 09:57:21 AM »

I have the opening appointment with my mechanic to diagnose the 'check engine' light.
dealer gave me a big runaround on the phone. I hate those guys.
Good luck, hopefully it's just a faulty gas cap.
fuel vacume intake valve. $172.
Isn't that the same as the gas cap?
if that's all it was I would have put electrical tape over the 'check engine' light.

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2020, 09:59:32 AM »

I have the opening appointment with my mechanic to diagnose the 'check engine' light.
dealer gave me a big runaround on the phone. I hate those guys.
Good luck, hopefully it's just a faulty gas cap.
fuel vacume intake valve. $172.
Isn't that the same as the gas cap?
if that's all it was I would have put electrical tape over the 'check engine' light.
Would've definitely been cheaper, and you wouldn't have had to tip yourself.

« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2020, 09:59:44 AM »

I have the opening appointment with my mechanic to diagnose the 'check engine' light.
dealer gave me a big runaround on the phone. I hate those guys.
Good luck, hopefully it's just a faulty gas cap.
fuel vacume intake valve. $172. 😣
Evaporative Canister Purge Solinoid Valve. cash discount $170 parts, labor, and tip.
Sounds made up to me.

« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2020, 10:00:26 AM »

Speaking of cars, I'm imagining a lot of starters are going to need replacing soon since so many cars have that auto shutoff stupidity that engages when you are stopped at a traffic light. Mark won't have this issue.
Batteries, too. We had that problem with my wife's car, since it has been driven so little. Died on us when we went to pick up takeout one night. Had to get a jump.

« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2020, 10:01:10 AM »

I have the opening appointment with my mechanic to diagnose the 'check engine' light.
dealer gave me a big runaround on the phone. I hate those guys.
Good luck, hopefully it's just a faulty gas cap.
fuel vacume intake valve. $172.
Evaporative Canister Purge Solinoid Valve. cash discount $170 parts, labor, and tip.
I believe it won't pass state inspection. When the car shuts off, etc. emissions will go through a charcoal like canister.

« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2020, 10:13:46 AM »

I have the opening appointment with my mechanic to diagnose the 'check engine' light.
dealer gave me a big runaround on the phone. I hate those guys.
Good luck, hopefully it's just a faulty gas cap.
fuel vacume intake valve. $172.
Evaporative Canister Purge Solinoid Valve. cash discount $170 parts, labor, and tip.
I believe it won't pass state inspection. When the car shuts off, etc. emissions will go through a charcoal like canister.
they don't have inspections in Florida. you should see some of the junk driving down the road.

« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2020, 10:23:22 AM »

Morning, muchachos.

« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2020, 10:28:00 AM »

Morning and evening appearances by Mr. Raz.  Impressive.

« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2020, 10:28:36 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
hey, another new guy.

« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2020, 10:29:50 AM »

Today is Tuesday, June 9, the 161st day of 2020. There are 205 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:
On June 9, 2004, the body of Ronald Reagan arrived in Washington to lie in state in the U.S. Capitol Rotunda before the 40th president’s funeral.

On this date:
In A.D. 68, Roman Emperor Nero committed suicide, ending a 13-year reign.
In 1860, what’s considered the first dime novel, “Malaeska: The Indian Wife of the White Hunter” by Ann S. Stephens, was published.
In 1940, during World War II, Norway decided to surrender to the Nazis, effective at midnight.
In 1943, President Franklin D. Roosevelt signed the Current Tax Payment Act of 1943, which reintroduced federal income tax withholding from paychecks.

In 1954, during the Senate Army-McCarthy hearings, Army special counsel Joseph N. Welch berated Sen. Joseph R. McCarthy, R-Wis., asking: “Have you no sense of decency, sir? At long last, have you left no sense of decency?”
In 1969, the Senate confirmed Warren Burger to be the new chief justice of the United States, succeeding Earl Warren.

In 1972, heavy rains triggered record flooding in the Black Hills of South Dakota; the resulting disaster left at least 238 people dead and $164 million in damage.
In 1973, Secretariat won the Belmont Stakes, becoming horse racing’s first Triple Crown winner in 25 years.
In 1978, leaders of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints struck down a 148-year-old policy of excluding black men from the Mormon priesthood.

In 1980, comedian Richard Pryor suffered almost fatal burns at his San Fernando Valley, Calif., home while freebasing cocaine.
In 1986, the Rogers Commission released its report on the Challenger disaster, criticizing NASA and rocket-builder Morton Thiokol for management problems leading to the explosion that claimed the lives of seven astronauts.
In 2008, retail gas prices rose above $4 per gallon.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5