CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: 6/1/2020  (Read 3273 times)

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
Re: 6/1/2020
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2020, 08:00:56 AM »

Happy Birthday Redfish Dave!

Threebean

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2020, 08:01:57 AM »

Good morning weeders and feeders.  Weather forecast is saying 100% rain chance this morning.  I'm going with a 90% chance they're wrong.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2020, 08:07:05 AM »

Good morning Dean and Dave. It's 50 out at the moment and it feels like 32.
72° here. realfeel 81°, going into the low 90's. humidity 96%.
44 here now, but getting up to 72 later.
High of 62 and no rain. I'll take it.
That was us yesterday. Got the front lawn cut, but didn't have any more room in the bin for the back yard grass, since it was the second cutting of the week. That fertilizer I put down a few weeks ago is working like gang busters.
I don't doubt it. I was going to put some down too but I'm not sure I want the extra work. As it is, the grass is growing pretty well here.
I put down fertilizer a few years ago. realized I had more weeds than grass.
Well what I want to put down is a weed and feed. Isn't that the same as fertilizer? I dunno, I'm an indoor guy.
Mine was supposed to have weed killer as well, but the clover in my backyard scoffs at weed killer.

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Click the globe below to see my top rated cigars.
    • Click my web link to see my list of top rated cigars...
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2020, 08:19:35 AM »

Good morning weeders and feeders.  Weather forecast is saying 100% rain chance this morning.  I'm going with a 90% chance they're wrong.
Hey Mark, good morning!

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2020, 08:20:16 AM »

I don't believe you without a tug I two

Threebean

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2020, 08:22:21 AM »

That was us yesterday. Got the front lawn cut, but didn't have any more room in the bin for the back yard grass, since it was the second cutting of the week. That fertilizer I put down a few weeks ago is working like gang busters.
I don't doubt it. I was going to put some down too but I'm not sure I want the extra work. As it is, the grass is growing pretty well here.
Well what I want to put down is a weed and feed. Isn't that the same as fertilizer? I dunno, I'm an indoor guy.
Mine was supposed to have weed killer as well, but the clover in my backyard scoffs at weed killer.
Aren't you supposed to put down a pre-emergent for the weeds much earlier than a fertilizer, not at the same time?

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2020, 08:22:27 AM »

Good morning Tony. Garbage men won't take yard clippings presently. I'm going to have to dump them somewhere.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2020, 08:43:50 AM »

morning Mark.
I prefer the hanging rope forecasting myself. rock in the yard works good too.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2020, 08:45:59 AM »

he sent me this.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2020, 08:46:00 AM »

Aren't you supposed to put down a pre-emergent for the weeds much earlier than a fertilizer, not at the same time?
No idea. It was all in one bag, weed killer and fertilizer in one. I don't have time to figure out Scott's schedule for putting down applications a dozen damn times a year.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2020, 08:48:05 AM »

Good morning, Mark. I'm coming back as a metrologist in my next life.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2020, 08:48:28 AM »

No idea. It was all in one bag, weed killer and fertilizer in one. I don't have time to figure out Scott's schedule for putting down applications a dozen damn times a year.
But it did work on just about everything else. In fact, all the dandelions in the front yard were dead by the next morning. But that clover is some next level shit, apparently.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2020, 08:49:04 AM »

I miss our tugboat photos.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2020, 08:50:46 AM »

+1

Threebean

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2020, 08:55:29 AM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5