CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: 5/24/2020  (Read 2097 times)

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
Re: 5/24/2020
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2020, 10:52:32 AM »

Drunk Florida man crashes lawn mower into police car; claims cops poisoned him, report says.

https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/region-polk/drunk-florida-man-crashes-lawn-mower-into-police-car-claims-cops-poisoned-him-report-says

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2020, 10:53:59 AM »

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2020, 11:12:40 AM »

@Tony. have you smoked a cigar yet this weekend?
I have not. Pretty much pouring rain the whole day yesterday. Let's see what today brings.

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Click the globe below to see my top rated cigars.
    • Click my web link to see my list of top rated cigars...
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2020, 11:18:03 AM »

Enjoy your day Buddy. I'm busy for a bit after my morning cigar. I have a scheduled Legionella test for Tuesday and I'm off tomorrow.
Is that a Fonseca?
E bundle Connecticut by Espinosa

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2020, 11:18:40 AM »

Enjoy your day Buddy. I'm busy for a bit after my morning cigar. I have a scheduled Legionella test for Tuesday and I'm off tomorrow.
Is that a Fonseca?
How did you like it?

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2020, 11:22:33 AM »

I have not. Pretty much pouring rain the whole day yesterday. Let's see what today brings.
I hope you do or Dean will have to call Pete Johnson on you.

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2020, 11:24:18 AM »

Is that a Fonseca?
How did you like it?
I have had both the Connecticut and Habano and you won't find a better bundled cigar for the price. Great for work, cutting the lawn, etc.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2020, 11:26:16 AM »

Is that a Fonseca?
How did you like it?
I have had both the Connecticut and Habano and you won't find a better bundled cigar for the price. Great for work, cutting the lawn, etc.
Good to know.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2020, 11:26:34 AM »

naw, we just take his Man Card away and make him wear pink fuzzy slippers.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2020, 11:29:30 AM »

Why can't I have the cigar AND the pink fuzzy slippers?

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2020, 11:37:24 AM »

only if you wear your Chartreuse silk bathrobe with it.

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2020, 12:19:19 PM »

only if you wear your Chartreuse silk bathrobe with it.
A pipe and smoking jacket will do

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2020, 03:52:53 PM »

man, takes alot to turn a page.
Tell me about it!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2020, 08:07:07 PM »

Today is Sunday, May 24, the 145th day of 2020. There are 221 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:
On May 24, 1844, Samuel F.B. Morse transmitted the message “What hath God wrought” from Washington to Baltimore as he formally opened America’s first telegraph line.

On this date:
In 1775, John Hancock was unanimously elected President of the Continental Congress in Philadelphia, succeeding Peyton Randolph.
In 1935, the first major league baseball game to be played at night took place at Cincinnati’s Crosley Field as the Reds beat the Philadelphia Phillies, 2-1.
In 1941, the German battleship Bismarck sank the British battle cruiser HMS Hood in the North Atlantic, killing all but three of the 1,418 men on board.

In 1961, a group of Freedom Riders was arrested after arriving at a bus terminal in Jackson, Miss., charged with breaching the peace for entering white-designated areas. (They ended up serving 60 days in jail.)
In 1962, astronaut Scott Carpenter became the second American to orbit the Earth as he flew aboard Aurora 7.
In 1974, American jazz composer and bandleader Duke Ellington, 75, died in New York.

In 1976, Britain and France opened trans-Atlantic Concorde supersonic transport service to Washington.
In 1991, the feminist film drama “Thelma & Louise,” starring Susan Sarandon (as Louise) and Geena Davis (as Thelma), was released by MGM.

In 1994, four Islamic fundamentalists convicted of bombing New York’s World Trade Center in 1993 were each sentenced to 240 years in prison.
In 1995, former British Prime Minister Harold Wilson died in London at age 79.

In 2001, 23 people were killed when the floor of a Jerusalem wedding hall collapsed beneath dancing guests, sending them plunging several stories into the basement.
In 2018, a gunman was shot and killed by two bystanders after opening fire at an Oklahoma City restaurant and wounding three patrons.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2020, 08:07:59 PM »

Ten years ago: Coast Guard Commandant Thad Allen, the Obama administration’s point man on the BP oil spill, rejected the idea of taking over the crisis, saying the government had neither BP’s expertise nor its deep-sea equipment. The Supreme Court rejected the NFL’s request for broad antitrust law protection, saying that it had to be considered 32 separate teams [–] not one big business [–] when selling branded items like jerseys and caps. Lukas Lacko of Slovakia beat American Michael Yani in a 71-game match that tied for the most games in a French Open singles match since tiebreakers were instituted in 1973. (Lacko won 4-6, 7-6 (5), 7-6 (4), 6-7 (5), 12-10 in a first-round match that began on a Sunday and finished after midnight.)

Five years ago: Conservative challenger Andrzej Duda (AHN’-zhray DOO’-dah) won Poland’s presidential election, ousting the incumbent, Bronislaw Komorowski (kah-mah-RAWF’-skee), in a runoff vote. Juan Pablo Montoya sliced his way from the back to the front twice to win his second Indianapolis 500.

One year ago: A Wisconsin man, Jake Patterson, was sentenced to life in prison for kidnapping 13-year-old Jayme Closs and killing her parents; the sentencing came after the girl told the judge that she wanted him “locked up forever.” (Patterson, who had held the girl under a bed in his remote cabin for 88 days before she made a daring escape, had pleaded guilty to intentional homicide and kidnapping.) Theresa May ended her failed three-year quest to lead Britain out of the European Union, announcing that she would step down as Conservative Party leader. Missouri Gov. Mike Parson signed a bill banning abortions on or beyond the eighth week of pregnancy without exceptions for cases of rape or incest, making it among the most restrictive abortion policies in the nation. (The law was blocked from taking effect after a court challenge.) Amanda Eller, a Hawaii woman, was found injured but alive in a forest on Maui after being missing for more than two weeks.
Pages: 1 [2] 3