CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: 4/3/2020  (Read 3377 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 4/3/2020
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2020, 08:09:39 AM »

I guess God's stores are immune....gotta have our craft paper and silk flowers...

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/hobby-lobby-cease-and-desist-essential-business-stay-at-home-orders/

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2020, 08:10:33 AM »

I guess we all have plenty of time to fill out our 2020 Census.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2020, 09:05:39 AM »

I guess God's stores are immune....gotta have our craft paper and silk flowers...

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/hobby-lobby-cease-and-desist-essential-business-stay-at-home-orders/
Sounds like the governor of FL deeming churches essential businesses and allowing them to stay open. It's like some people are immune to common sense and good advice.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2020, 09:14:27 AM »

I guess we all have plenty of time to fill out our 2020 Census.
I did mine online last week. took about 10 minutes if that.
also got a call from the county election board about doing mail in ballot for the 2020 general election.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2020, 09:16:15 AM »

Sounds like the governor of FL deeming churches essential businesses and allowing them to stay open. It's like some people are immune to common sense and good advice.
there are alot of pissed off people about that decision. let them watch evangelists on tv.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2020, 09:17:14 AM »

good morning Tony, AnotherDave, and Mark.

Threebean

« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2020, 09:42:32 AM »

there are alot of pissed off people about that decision. let them watch evangelists on tv.
Same thing happened here.  For 3 weeks it was no in-person church stuff, and suddenly yesterday the gov says they are essential and can reopen and hold services as long as "social distancing rules" are observed.  WTF?

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2020, 09:45:22 AM »

Same thing happened here.  For 3 weeks it was no in-person church stuff, and suddenly yesterday the gov says they are essential and can reopen and hold services as long as "social distancing rules" are observed.  WTF?
The combination of political posturing, religion and stupidity hasn't been this dangerous a combination in a long time.

Threebean

« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2020, 09:57:48 AM »

The combination of political posturing, religion and stupidity hasn't been this dangerous a combination in a long time.
Every industry has a lobby.  Comparing reopening churches vs restaurants seems like a no brainer, but apparently the church lobby is more influential than the restaurant lobby.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2020, 10:01:18 AM »

Every industry has a lobby.  Comparing reopening churches vs restaurants seems like a no brainer, but apparently the church lobby is more influential than the restaurant lobby.
I know it's early, but I'm gonna go ahead and call that the understatement of the day.

Threebean

« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2020, 10:24:15 AM »

I know it's early, but I'm gonna go ahead and call that the understatement of the day.
Indeed.  Guess I can clock out early.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2020, 10:28:04 AM »

Indeed.  Guess I can clock out early.
Hazzuh!

Threebean

« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2020, 10:29:56 AM »

Meanwhile on the jam, Gurkha's at 69% discount. Even for Gurkha smokers anything less than an 85% discount is an insult.

Threebean

« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2020, 10:40:40 AM »

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2020, 11:26:05 AM »

Meanwhile on the jam, Gurkha's at 69% discount. Even for Gurkha smokers anything less than an 85% discount is an insult.
I'm sure that Gurkha would have a difficult time paying people to smoke them. 🤣
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5