Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2020, 09:24:38 AM »

We ought to use one of the meeting apps (House Party?) and have a group Herf once a week.  Anyone have experience/preference in one?  Dave, Tony?

« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2020, 09:26:27 AM »

We ought to use one of the meeting apps (House Party?) and have a group Herf once a week.  Anyone have experience/preference in one?  Dave, Tony?
Needs to be both apple and android compatible.

« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2020, 09:30:32 AM »

We ought to use one of the meeting apps (House Party?) and have a group Herf once a week.  Anyone have experience/preference in one?  Dave, Tony?
Zoom is the one I keep hearing about during this lockdown, but I don't have experience using any of them.

« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2020, 09:43:07 AM »

Rick may be posting later.

« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2020, 09:45:14 AM »

We ought to use one of the meeting apps (House Party?) and have a group Herf once a week.  Anyone have experience/preference in one?  Dave, Tony?
Zoom is the one I keep hearing about during this lockdown, but I don't have experience using any of them.
I've been using Zoom for recovery meetings. pretty simple. has a free app that only allows 40 minutes of airtime. I have no idea the cost of the full program.

« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2020, 10:40:42 AM »

We ought to use one of the meeting apps (House Party?) and have a group Herf once a week.  Anyone have experience/preference in one?  Dave, Tony?
Zoom is the one I keep hearing about during this lockdown, but I don't have experience using any of them.
My kids are on Zoom for school, I haven't attempted it yet

« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2020, 10:43:38 AM »

If you missed the Nica Rustica deal Fishy posted yesterday, Sis has it at 25/$100 today.  Not a terrible price.
That Fishy posted?  GFY.

« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2020, 10:43:55 AM »

I'm in the minority that is not feeling bored. In fact, the days are going by too quickly and I'm not getting enough done.

Don't get me wrong, I miss my freedom and even going to the office. But I could use a little boredom.
I'm not feeling bored, per se. Probably more like restless. I'm enjoying the lack of driving to work, picking up the kids from school, etc. I haven't put gas in my car in 3 weeks. But I'm missing regular interaction with people that aren't my family. And my grandma, who is in a nursing home, and hasn't been able to see anyone since this started, not even my grandpa.
That's real tough. We received a FaceTime from my mother-in-law the other night. We could see just the top of her head and the kitchen cabinets but it was still reassuring. Pretty impressive for an 85 year old. I've dropped off groceries on her stoop a couple of times but that's about all the interaction we've had.

« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2020, 10:46:52 AM »

Rick may be posting later.
Yeah, I received a text from him. He's still sick but recovering. Said he may stop by later.

« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2020, 10:50:52 AM »

If you missed the Nica Rustica deal Fishy posted yesterday, Sis has it at 25/$100 today.  Not a terrible price.
That Fishy posted?  GFY.
LMAO! I was waiting for Mark to log on and see that one

« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2020, 10:51:31 AM »

We ought to use one of the meeting apps (House Party?) and have a group Herf once a week.  Anyone have experience/preference in one?  Dave, Tony?
Zoom is the one I keep hearing about during this lockdown, but I don't have experience using any of them.
My kids are on Zoom for school, I haven't attempted it yet
I used it for the first time yesterday so that the kids could speak/see their aunt and uncle. I'm not much for video chatting since I do it all day long for work (different tool). In any case, it does seem like a decent idea. Still a bit cool here for that. Maybe if the temps go up a bit more without the rain interfering, we'll have to put an event together.

« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2020, 10:52:26 AM »

Good morning, Scott and Mark.

« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2020, 10:53:27 AM »

[...]

That's far more than we would ever get from either of my grandparents, I assure you. Lol

« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2020, 10:56:39 AM »

We ought to use one of the meeting apps (House Party?) and have a group Herf once a week.  Anyone have experience/preference in one?  Dave, Tony?
Zoom is the one I keep hearing about during this lockdown, but I don't have experience using any of them.
My kids are on Zoom for school, I haven't attempted it yet
I used it for the first time yesterday so that the kids could speak/see their aunt and uncle. I'm not much for video chatting since I do it all day long for work (different tool). In any case, it does seem like a decent idea. Still a bit cool here for that. Maybe if the temps go up a bit more without the rain interfering, we'll have to put an event together.
Just think of this, with this technology and teachers being forced into action we could eliminate future snow days

« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2020, 11:08:58 AM »

We ought to use one of the meeting apps (House Party?) and have a group Herf once a week.  Anyone have experience/preference in one?  Dave, Tony?
Zoom is the one I keep hearing about during this lockdown, but I don't have experience using any of them.
My kids are on Zoom for school, I haven't attempted it yet
I used it for the first time yesterday so that the kids could speak/see their aunt and uncle. I'm not much for video chatting since I do it all day long for work (different tool). In any case, it does seem like a decent idea. Still a bit cool here for that. Maybe if the temps go up a bit more without the rain interfering, we'll have to put an event together.
Just think of this, with this technology and teachers being forced into action we could eliminate future snow days
Reduce the need to build new schools in areas with rapid population growth.  A big advantage around here, at least to taxpayers.  The education infrastructure lobby certainly will fight it.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5