Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2020, 09:28:29 AM »

Finished up my latest rifle.  Been working on this for a year, on and off.  Was supposed to take it to Front Sight second week of April.  But Nevada's shut down.  Sigh.

After I finished this one, I had most of the parts for one more, so now I'm finishing that.
what is it?

« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2020, 09:36:46 AM »

Finished up my latest rifle.  Been working on this for a year, on and off.  Was supposed to take it to Front Sight second week of April.  But Nevada's shut down.  Sigh.

After I finished this one, I had most of the parts for one more, so now I'm finishing that.
what is it?
Mostly Aero Precision parts, with an OdinWorks barrel. Chambered in .223 Wylde, which is to say 5.56x45 NATO. Optic is a Burris AR-536 - 5x fixed prism sight with a Fastfire III red dot mounted. Rise Armament Military/Law Enforcement trigger, 4.5 lb pull. Mission First Tactical minimalist stock.

« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2020, 09:45:00 AM »

Finished up my latest rifle.  Been working on this for a year, on and off.  Was supposed to take it to Front Sight second week of April.  But Nevada's shut down.  Sigh.

After I finished this one, I had most of the parts for one more, so now I'm finishing that.
what is it?
Mostly Aero Precision parts, with an OdinWorks barrel. Chambered in .223 Wylde, which is to say 5.56x45 NATO. Optic is a Burris AR-536 - 5x fixed prism sight with a Fastfire III red dot mounted. Rise Armament Military/Law Enforcement trigger, 4.5 lb pull. Mission First Tactical minimalist stock.
I guess I don't understand the reasoning of the barrel extending past the shield as much as it does.

« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2020, 09:49:13 AM »

Just heard two new words for the times...Covidiot and Covanoid.  Covidiot is a person who consciously violates common sense precautionary actions. A Covanoid is the opposite...one who has been holed up in their bathroom with all doors locked for the past two weeks.

« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2020, 09:51:01 AM »

Just heard two new words for the times...Covidiot and Covanoid.  Covidiot is a person who consciously violates common sense precautionary actions. A Covanoid is the opposite...one who has been holed up in their bathroom with all doors locked for the past two weeks.
CNS, I've come across both so far.

« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2020, 10:15:16 AM »

Just heard two new words for the times...Covidiot and Covanoid.  Covidiot is a person who consciously violates common sense precautionary actions. A Covanoid is the opposite...one who has been holed up in their bathroom with all doors locked for the past two weeks.
been seeing alot of those posted on FB.

« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2020, 11:10:53 AM »

Email from another course, except this one apparently doesn't have the cart inventory for everyone to take their own. So the cart can carry both bags for a twosome, but one person has to walk. Lol

« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2020, 11:20:08 AM »

Finished up my latest rifle.  Been working on this for a year, on and off.  Was supposed to take it to Front Sight second week of April.  But Nevada's shut down.  Sigh.

After I finished this one, I had most of the parts for one more, so now I'm finishing that.
what is it?
Mostly Aero Precision parts, with an OdinWorks barrel. Chambered in .223 Wylde, which is to say 5.56x45 NATO. Optic is a Burris AR-536 - 5x fixed prism sight with a Fastfire III red dot mounted. Rise Armament Military/Law Enforcement trigger, 4.5 lb pull. Mission First Tactical minimalist stock.
I guess I don't understand the reasoning of the barrel extending past the shield as much as it does.
It's an 18" barrel.  Designed for longer  range accuracy.

« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2020, 12:03:56 PM »

Finished up my latest rifle.  Been working on this for a year, on and off.  Was supposed to take it to Front Sight second week of April.  But Nevada's shut down.  Sigh.

After I finished this one, I had most of the parts for one more, so now I'm finishing that.
what is it?
Mostly Aero Precision parts, with an OdinWorks barrel. Chambered in .223 Wylde, which is to say 5.56x45 NATO. Optic is a Burris AR-536 - 5x fixed prism sight with a Fastfire III red dot mounted. Rise Armament Military/Law Enforcement trigger, 4.5 lb pull. Mission First Tactical minimalist stock.
I guess I don't understand the reasoning of the barrel extending past the shield as much as it does.
It's an 18" barrel.  Designed for longer  range accuracy.
it justs look odd to me, like it's missing something.

« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2020, 12:17:16 PM »

heading for the tanning lounge with a Charter Oaks and coffee.

« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2020, 01:38:13 PM »

Heading for lunch. Wonder what I'm making today.

« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2020, 03:48:33 PM »

got a couple of stuffed peppers in the oven. one for tonights dinner and one for a sandwich tomorrow afternoon.

« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2020, 03:51:12 PM »

Finished up my latest rifle.  Been working on this for a year, on and off.  Was supposed to take it to Front Sight second week of April.  But Nevada's shut down.  Sigh.

After I finished this one, I had most of the parts for one more, so now I'm finishing that.
what is it?
Mostly Aero Precision parts, with an OdinWorks barrel. Chambered in .223 Wylde, which is to say 5.56x45 NATO. Optic is a Burris AR-536 - 5x fixed prism sight with a Fastfire III red dot mounted. Rise Armament Military/Law Enforcement trigger, 4.5 lb pull. Mission First Tactical minimalist stock.
I guess I don't understand the reasoning of the barrel extending past the shield as much as it does.
It's an 18" barrel.  Designed for longer  range accuracy.
it justs look odd to me, like it's missing something.
TWSS

« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2020, 03:54:13 PM »

Afternoon quarantiners.  The order came down today to "stay the fuck home" in all Central Texas counties.  We've been wuhanned.

« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2020, 03:56:45 PM »

Hello Guys. I was running a fever last night and this morning. With me considered essential personel. Doctor instructed me to go to ER. I was tested for flu and Corona virus. Flu came back negative. Waiting for results on Corona. Blood work and urine came back good. I'm in self quarantine pending results and being fever free with no aspirin for 3 days at the least.
Take care brothers...
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5