Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2020, 08:27:24 AM »

Ten years ago: Keeping a promise he’d made to anti-abortion Democratic lawmakers to assure passage of his historic health care legislation, President Barack Obama signed an executive order against using federal funds to pay for elective abortions covered by private insurance. Actor Robert Culp died in Los Angeles at age 79. Singer Johnny Maestro died in Florida at age 70.

Five years ago: Germanwings Flight 9525, an Airbus A320, crashed into the French Alps, killing all 150 people on board; investigators said the jetliner was deliberately downed by the 27-year-old co-pilot, Andreas Lubitz. President Barack Obama received Afghan President Ashraf Ghani at the White House, where Obama agreed to slow the U.S military pullout from Afghanistan at the request of its new government but insisted the delay would not jeopardize his commitment to end America’s longest war before leaving office.

One year ago: Attorney General William Barr reported that special counsel Robert Mueller did not find evidence that President Donald Trump’s campaign “conspired or coordinated” with Russia to influence the 2016 presidential election, but reached no conclusion on whether Trump obstructed justice; Democrats pointed out that Mueller had found evidence for and against obstruction, and they demanded to see his full report. (The report would be released in April.) New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski announced that he was retiring from the NFL after nine seasons, which had included three Super Bowl victories.

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2020, 08:30:53 AM »

Today’s Birthdays:

Poet Lawrence Ferlinghetti is 101.
Actor William Smith is 87.
Fashion and costume designer Bob Mackie is 81.
Former Washington Gov. Christine Gregoire is 73.
Rock musician Lee Oskar is 72.
Singer Nick Lowe is 71.
Rock musician Dougie Thomson (Supertramp) is 69.
Fashion designer Tommy Hilfiger is 69.
Comedian Louie Anderson is 67.
Actress Donna Pescow is 66.
Actor Robert Carradine is 66.
Sen. Mike Braun, R-Indiana, is 66.
Former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer is 64.
Actress Kelly LeBrock is 60.
Rhythm-and-blues DJ Rodney “Kool Kollie” Terry (Ghostown DJs) is 59.
TV personality Star Jones is 58.
Country-rock musician Patterson Hood (Drive-By Truckers) is 56.
Actor Peter Jacobson is 55.
Rock singer-musician Sharon Corr (The Corrs) is 50.
Actress Lauren Bowles is 50.
Actress Lara Flynn Boyle is 50.
Rapper Maceo (AKA P.A. Pasemaster Mase) is 50.
Actress Megyn Price is 49.
Actor Jim Parsons is 47.
Christian rock musician Chad Butler (Switchfoot) is 46.
Actress Alyson Hannigan is 46.
Former NFL quarterback Peyton Manning is 44.
Actress Amanda Brugel (TV: “The Handmaid’s Tale”) is 43.
Actress Olivia Burnette is 43.
Actress Jessica Chastain is 43.
Actor Amir Arison is 42.
Actress Lake Bell is 41.
Rock musician Benj Gershman (O.A.R.) is 40.
Neo-soul musician Jesse Phillips (St. Paul & the Broken Bones) is 40.
Actor Philip Winchester (TV: “Strike Back”) is 39.
Dancer Val Chmerkovskiy is 34.
Actress Keisha Castle-Hughes is 30.

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2020, 08:31:45 AM »

Thought for Today: “Either you think, or else others have to think for you and take power from you, pervert and discipline your natural tastes, civilize and sterilize you.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald, American author (1896-1940).

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2020, 08:33:48 AM »

Summer Olympics postponed for a year.

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2020, 08:35:42 AM »

Nice redhead birthday for Dean to celebrate today!

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2020, 08:36:44 AM »

Summer Olympics postponed for a year.
Not surprising.  Things may have settled down by then, but how can athletes be adequately training now?

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2020, 08:37:25 AM »

Morning HotTubDean.  Planning on golfing tomorrow?
no. I have put myself in self-isolation for a few weeks. my golf friends will still be on the links though, without me. with my lack of an immune system I am being cautious.

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2020, 08:44:26 AM »

finally got approval for one of two meds from the insurance company. was on the phone with my doctor's office and insurance company off and on for most of yesterday. I finally asked the doctor to send a list of meds for inflammation and pain to the insurance company that he thought would help me and for them to approve one. Walgreens has waived delivery charge of meds through FedEx. should be here today or tomorrow. alot of nasty side effects with this one though. we shall see.

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2020, 08:45:27 AM »

Morning HotTubDean.  Planning on golfing tomorrow?
no. I have put myself in self-isolation for a few weeks. my golf friends will still be on the links though, without me. with my lack of an immune system I am being cautious.
Probably for the best. The course will still be there in a few weeks or months when this blows over.

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2020, 08:53:24 AM »

Morning, muchachos.  We're finally under Governor Jackass's order to stay home - except for a whole host of exceptions and loopholes.  Stupid.  I was up most of the night working.  Trying to decide whether to drag my ass to bed or just crash on the couch for a few hours.

« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2020, 08:59:48 AM »

Finished up my latest rifle.  Been working on this for a year, on and off.  Was supposed to take it to Front Sight second week of April.  But Nevada's shut down.  Sigh.

After I finished this one, I had most of the parts for one more, so now I'm finishing that.

« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2020, 09:14:29 AM »

Local course sent an email about opening Thursday. Among the new provisions, no one is allowed into the pro shop, only 1 person at a time in the locker room or bathroom, carts 1 per person, the cup is raised out of the ground 1 inch and anything that hits it is holed, no touching the flagstick, and there's a 3-foot circle around the hole. Anything inside it is a gimme. Bout to be a lot of career rounds out there, I think.

« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2020, 09:21:38 AM »

Local course sent an email about opening Thursday. Among the new provisions, no one is allowed into the pro shop, only 1 person at a time in the locker room or bathroom, carts 1 per person, the cup is raised out of the ground 1 inch and anything that hits it is holed, no touching the flagstick, and there's a 3-foot circle around the hole. Anything inside it is a gimme. Bout to be a lot of career rounds out there, I think.
good way to lower one's handicap. wouldn't do much for mine though. 😣

« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2020, 09:22:01 AM »

morning RazMan.

« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2020, 09:24:46 AM »

Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5