Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

  • Administrator
3/24/2020
« on: March 24, 2020, 12:01:35 AM »

Happy Tuesday! In between insults we'll occasionally discuss cigars.  Join in and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2020, 05:57:45 AM »

Wife had her coronavirus test yesterday. They do a nasal swab, and apparently, they're trying to reach your thoughts when they do it. Sounded unpleasant. Waiting on the results.

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2020, 06:25:39 AM »

Wife had her coronavirus test yesterday. They do a nasal swab, and apparently, they're trying to reach your thoughts when they do it. Sounded unpleasant. Waiting on the results.
Here's hoping it's negative. Good morning, Dave.

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2020, 06:26:50 AM »

Wife had her coronavirus test yesterday. They do a nasal swab, and apparently, they're trying to reach your thoughts when they do it. Sounded unpleasant. Waiting on the results.
Here's hoping it's negative. Good morning, Dave.
Although I mean that in the most positive way.

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2020, 06:43:57 AM »

Wife had her coronavirus test yesterday. They do a nasal swab, and apparently, they're trying to reach your thoughts when they do it. Sounded unpleasant. Waiting on the results.
Here's hoping it's negative. Good morning, Dave.
Although I mean that in the most positive way.
LALTS

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2020, 06:44:25 AM »

Wife had her coronavirus test yesterday. They do a nasal swab, and apparently, they're trying to reach your thoughts when they do it. Sounded unpleasant. Waiting on the results.
Here's hoping it's negative. Good morning, Dave.
Although I mean that in the most positive way.
LALTS
So far, negative for the flu and RSV. Still waiting for the main result.

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2020, 06:53:59 AM »

Wife had her coronavirus test yesterday. They do a nasal swab, and apparently, they're trying to reach your thoughts when they do it. Sounded unpleasant. Waiting on the results.
Here's hoping it's negative. Good morning, Dave.
Although I mean that in the most positive way.
LALTS
So far, negative for the flu and RSV. Still waiting for the main result.
That's nerve-racking.

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2020, 07:03:04 AM »

Wife had her coronavirus test yesterday. They do a nasal swab, and apparently, they're trying to reach your thoughts when they do it. Sounded unpleasant. Waiting on the results.
Here's hoping it's negative. Good morning, Dave.
Although I mean that in the most positive way.
LALTS
So far, negative for the flu and RSV. Still waiting for the main result.
That's nerve-racking.
She never had much of a fever, except for one period of a couple hours, so I really don't think she has it, so I'm not too concerned. But I am not a medical doctor, so we'll see.

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2020, 08:16:50 AM »

Morning Tony and Dave.

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2020, 08:18:57 AM »

good morning Tony, Dave, and Dave.

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2020, 08:19:41 AM »

One positive out of this mess...with the exception of one Trumpf self- aggrandizement update per day, NO Politics!

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2020, 08:21:18 AM »

One positive out of this mess...with the exception of one Trumpf self- aggrandizement update per day, NO Politics!
until now.

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2020, 08:21:40 AM »

Morning HotTubDean.  Planning on golfing tomorrow?

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2020, 08:22:46 AM »

There's gonna be a whole lot of babies come December/January!

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2020, 08:25:44 AM »

Today is Tuesday, March 24, the 84th day of 2020. There are 282 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:
On March 24, 1989, the supertanker Exxon Valdez (vahl-DEEZ’) ran aground on a reef in Alaska’s Prince William Sound and began leaking an estimated 11 million gallons of crude oil.

On this date:
In 1765, Britain enacted the Quartering Act, requiring American colonists to provide temporary housing to British soldiers.
In 1882, German scientist Robert Koch (kohk) announced in Berlin that he had discovered the bacillus responsible for tuberculosis.

In 1955, the Tennessee Williams play “Cat on a Hot Tin Roof” opened on Broadway.
In 1958, Elvis Presley was inducted into the U.S. Army at the draft board in Memphis, Tennessee, before boarding a bus for Fort Chaffee, Arkansas. (Presley underwent basic training at Fort Hood, Texas, before being shipped off to Germany.)

In 1975, Muhammad Ali defeated Chuck Wepner with a technical knockout in the 15th round of a fight in Richfield, Ohio. (Wepner, a journeyman known as the “Bayonne Bleeder,” inspired Sylvester Stallone to make his “Rocky” films.)
In 1976, the president of Argentina, Isabel Peron, was deposed by her country’s military. British war hero Field Marshal Viscount Montgomery, 88, died in Alton, Hampshire, England.

In 1980, one of El Salvador’s most respected Roman Catholic Church leaders, Archbishop Oscar Arnulfo Romero, was shot to death by a sniper as he celebrated Mass in San Salvador.
In 1988, former national security aides Oliver L. North and John M. Poindexter and businessmen Richard V. Secord and Albert Hakim pleaded not guilty to charges stemming from the Iran-Contra affair. (North and Poindexter were convicted, but had their verdicts thrown out; Secord and Hakim received probation after each pleaded guilty to a single count under a plea bargain.)

In 1995, after 20 years, British soldiers stopped routine patrols in Belfast, Northern Ireland.
In 1998, two students, ages 13 and 11, opened fire outside Jonesboro Westside Middle School in Arkansas, killing four classmates and a teacher. (The gunmen were imprisoned by Arkansas until age 18, then by federal authorities until age 21.)

In 1999, NATO launched airstrikes against Yugoslavia, marking the first time in its 50-year existence that it had ever attacked a sovereign country. Thirty-nine people were killed when fire erupted in the Mont Blanc tunnel in France and burned for two days.
In 2001, U.S. skater Michelle Kwan won her fourth World Figure Skating title in Vancouver, British Columbia; Irina Slutskaya of Russia got the silver, and American Sarah Hughes earned the bronze.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5