Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2020, 09:54:49 AM »

Toilet update for those interested - went to Lowe's yesterday (and used sanitizer when I left!) and got a new fill valve. Now I can't get the line from the wall to sit properly on the new valve, because it is metal instead of flexible, and it apparently came with the house, since it's fused into the wall good. Gonna try to WD40 it and see if that will loosen it so I can replace it, but if not, I'll have to put in a call to my plumber friend.

« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2020, 10:07:46 AM »

Toilet update for those interested - went to Lowe's yesterday (and used sanitizer when I left!) and got a new fill valve. Now I can't get the line from the wall to sit properly on the new valve, because it is metal instead of flexible, and it apparently came with the house, since it's fused into the wall good. Gonna try to WD40 it and see if that will loosen it so I can replace it, but if not, I'll have to put in a call to my plumber friend.
All that TP and no place to use it...

« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2020, 10:14:58 AM »

Toilet update for those interested - went to Lowe's yesterday (and used sanitizer when I left!) and got a new fill valve. Now I can't get the line from the wall to sit properly on the new valve, because it is metal instead of flexible, and it apparently came with the house, since it's fused into the wall good. Gonna try to WD40 it and see if that will loosen it so I can replace it, but if not, I'll have to put in a call to my plumber friend.
All that TP and no place to use it...
LALTS

« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2020, 10:24:34 AM »

Rheumatologist Day at 8am.
They're still seeing patients in person?
yes. there are zero cases in Marion County where my doctors are located. and of course they are screening everyone as they arrive. the waiting room was empty seeing how I got the first appointment of the day.
Cool but don't be that first case, Deano.

« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2020, 10:26:15 AM »

Toilet update for those interested - went to Lowe's yesterday (and used sanitizer when I left!) and got a new fill valve. Now I can't get the line from the wall to sit properly on the new valve, because it is metal instead of flexible, and it apparently came with the house, since it's fused into the wall good. Gonna try to WD40 it and see if that will loosen it so I can replace it, but if not, I'll have to put in a call to my plumber friend.
My toilet is still running...

« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2020, 10:28:33 AM »

Rheumatologist Day at 8am.
They're still seeing patients in person?
yes. there are zero cases in Marion County where my doctors are located. and of course they are screening everyone as they arrive. the waiting room was empty seeing how I got the first appointment of the day.
Cool but don't be that first case, Deano.
I touched nothing. signed in with,my own pen. sat in the chair with my hands in my pockets. washed hands after the appointment singing 'in a gada da vita'. 🤣

« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2020, 10:31:18 AM »

Rheumatologist Day at 8am.
They're still seeing patients in person?
yes. there are zero cases in Marion County where my doctors are located. and of course they are screening everyone as they arrive. the waiting room was empty seeing how I got the first appointment of the day.
Cool but don't be that first case, Deano.
I touched nothing. signed in with,my own pen. sat in the chair with my hands in my pockets. washed hands after the appointment singing 'in a gada da vita'.
Well done. Stay safe.

« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2020, 10:36:29 AM »

Toilet update for those interested - went to Lowe's yesterday (and used sanitizer when I left!) and got a new fill valve. Now I can't get the line from the wall to sit properly on the new valve, because it is metal instead of flexible, and it apparently came with the house, since it's fused into the wall good. Gonna try to WD40 it and see if that will loosen it so I can replace it, but if not, I'll have to put in a call to my plumber friend.
My toilet is still running...
D'oh!

« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2020, 10:40:25 AM »

Toilet update for those interested - went to Lowe's yesterday (and used sanitizer when I left!) and got a new fill valve. Now I can't get the line from the wall to sit properly on the new valve, because it is metal instead of flexible, and it apparently came with the house, since it's fused into the wall good. Gonna try to WD40 it and see if that will loosen it so I can replace it, but if not, I'll have to put in a call to my plumber friend.
My toilet is still running...
D'oh!
sounds like your clapper valve isn't sealing tight enough.

« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2020, 10:43:56 AM »

Toilet update for those interested - went to Lowe's yesterday (and used sanitizer when I left!) and got a new fill valve. Now I can't get the line from the wall to sit properly on the new valve, because it is metal instead of flexible, and it apparently came with the house, since it's fused into the wall good. Gonna try to WD40 it and see if that will loosen it so I can replace it, but if not, I'll have to put in a call to my plumber friend.
My toilet is still running...
D'oh!
My toilet is from 1932. My wife loves the "charm" of said toilet. I seem to be the only one who knows how to flush it without making the water continue running afterwards.

I have replaced the fill valve a bunch of times and it is a band-aid. About a year later, I need to replace it again. The toilet is so inefficient that I'd rather just swap the whole thing out all together.

#FirstWorldProblems

« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2020, 10:50:51 AM »

Toilet update for those interested - went to Lowe's yesterday (and used sanitizer when I left!) and got a new fill valve. Now I can't get the line from the wall to sit properly on the new valve, because it is metal instead of flexible, and it apparently came with the house, since it's fused into the wall good. Gonna try to WD40 it and see if that will loosen it so I can replace it, but if not, I'll have to put in a call to my plumber friend.
My toilet is still running...
D'oh!
sounds like your clapper valve isn't sealing tight enough.
TWSS

« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2020, 10:51:41 AM »

[...]

Sounds like the kids first school lesson today should be "Handle Jiggling 101".

« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2020, 10:56:29 AM »

Toilet update for those interested - went to Lowe's yesterday (and used sanitizer when I left!) and got a new fill valve. Now I can't get the line from the wall to sit properly on the new valve, because it is metal instead of flexible, and it apparently came with the house, since it's fused into the wall good. Gonna try to WD40 it and see if that will loosen it so I can replace it, but if not, I'll have to put in a call to my plumber friend.
Before you start wrenching on that valve I recommend you turn off the water to the house in case you break it off.  Just sayin'.

« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2020, 10:57:47 AM »

Toilet update for those interested - went to Lowe's yesterday (and used sanitizer when I left!) and got a new fill valve. Now I can't get the line from the wall to sit properly on the new valve, because it is metal instead of flexible, and it apparently came with the house, since it's fused into the wall good. Gonna try to WD40 it and see if that will loosen it so I can replace it, but if not, I'll have to put in a call to my plumber friend.
My toilet is still running...
D'oh!
sounds like your clapper valve isn't sealing tight enough.
TWSS
Hate when that happens.

« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2020, 11:04:49 AM »

[...]

They are unteachable, starting with their mom. I have tried so many times and they look at me with bewilderment like I have 5 eyes.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5