CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: 3/19/2020  (Read 4805 times)

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
Re: 3/19/2020
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2020, 09:54:49 AM »

Toilet update for those interested - went to Lowe's yesterday (and used sanitizer when I left!) and got a new fill valve. Now I can't get the line from the wall to sit properly on the new valve, because it is metal instead of flexible, and it apparently came with the house, since it's fused into the wall good. Gonna try to WD40 it and see if that will loosen it so I can replace it, but if not, I'll have to put in a call to my plumber friend.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2020, 10:07:46 AM »

Toilet update for those interested - went to Lowe's yesterday (and used sanitizer when I left!) and got a new fill valve. Now I can't get the line from the wall to sit properly on the new valve, because it is metal instead of flexible, and it apparently came with the house, since it's fused into the wall good. Gonna try to WD40 it and see if that will loosen it so I can replace it, but if not, I'll have to put in a call to my plumber friend.
All that TP and no place to use it...

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2020, 10:14:58 AM »

All that TP and no place to use it...
LALTS

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2020, 10:24:34 AM »

Rheumatologist Day at 8am.
They're still seeing patients in person?
yes. there are zero cases in Marion County where my doctors are located. and of course they are screening everyone as they arrive. the waiting room was empty seeing how I got the first appointment of the day.
Cool but don't be that first case, Deano.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2020, 10:26:15 AM »

My toilet is still running...

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2020, 10:28:33 AM »

yes. there are zero cases in Marion County where my doctors are located. and of course they are screening everyone as they arrive. the waiting room was empty seeing how I got the first appointment of the day.
I touched nothing. signed in with,my own pen. sat in the chair with my hands in my pockets. washed hands after the appointment singing 'in a gada da vita'. 🤣

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2020, 10:31:18 AM »

I touched nothing. signed in with,my own pen. sat in the chair with my hands in my pockets. washed hands after the appointment singing 'in a gada da vita'.
Well done. Stay safe.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2020, 10:36:29 AM »

D'oh!

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2020, 10:40:25 AM »

D'oh!
sounds like your clapper valve isn't sealing tight enough.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2020, 10:43:56 AM »

D'oh!
My toilet is from 1932. My wife loves the "charm" of said toilet. I seem to be the only one who knows how to flush it without making the water continue running afterwards.

I have replaced the fill valve a bunch of times and it is a band-aid. About a year later, I need to replace it again. The toilet is so inefficient that I'd rather just swap the whole thing out all together.

#FirstWorldProblems

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2020, 10:50:51 AM »

D'oh!
TWSS

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2020, 10:51:41 AM »

D'oh!
My toilet is from 1932. My wife loves the "charm" of said toilet. I seem to be the only one who knows how to flush it without making the water continue running afterwards.

I have replaced the fill valve a bunch of times and it is a band-aid. About a year later, I need to replace it again. The toilet is so inefficient that I'd rather just swap the whole thing out all together.

#FirstWorldProblems
Sounds like the kids first school lesson today should be "Handle Jiggling 101".

Threebean

« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2020, 10:56:29 AM »

Before you start wrenching on that valve I recommend you turn off the water to the house in case you break it off.  Just sayin'.

Threebean

« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2020, 10:57:47 AM »

D'oh!
TWSS
Hate when that happens.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2020, 11:04:49 AM »

D'oh!

#FirstWorldProblems
Sounds like the kids first school lesson today should be "Handle Jiggling 101".
They are unteachable, starting with their mom. I have tried so many times and they look at me with bewilderment like I have 5 eyes.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5