Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2020, 07:44:27 AM »

Ten years ago: The White House released an online video of President Barack Obama making a fresh appeal directly to the people of Iran, saying a U.S. offer of diplomatic dialogue still stood, but that the Tehran government had chosen isolation.

Five years ago: President Barack Obama ordered the federal government to cut its greenhouse gas emissions by nearly half over the next decade, driving his climate change agenda forward despite percolating challenges from Republican-led states. Days after winning reelection, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu backtracked from hardline campaign statements against the establishment of a Palestinian state in the face of a diplomatic backlash. Lindsey Vonn won the final super-G of the season and with it her 19th crystal globe trophy at the World Cup finals in Meribel, France. Songwriter Michael Brown, 65, who co-wrote the 1966 hit “Walk Away Renee,” died in Englewood, New Jersey.

One year ago: President Donald Trump escalated his attacks on the late Sen. John McCain, who had died in 2018 of brain cancer; Trump told reporters, “I was never a fan of John McCain and I never will be.” Aid workers rushed to rescue victims clinging to trees and crammed on rooftops after a cyclone unleashed devastating floods in Mozambique, Zimbabwe and Malawi; more than 350 people were confirmed dead with hundreds missing. In a major advance against the Islamic State group, U.S.-backed Syrian forces seized control of an encampment held by the group in eastern Syria after hundreds of militants surrendered overnight.

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2020, 07:57:08 AM »

Today’s Birthdays:

Former White House national security adviser Brent Scowcroft is 95.
Actress Renee Taylor is 87.
Actress Ursula Andress is 84.
Singer Clarence “Frogman” Henry is 83.
Singer Ruth Pointer (The Pointer Sisters) is 74.
Actress Glenn Close is 73.
Disgraced movie mogul Harvey Weinstein is 68.
Actor Bruce Willis is 65.
Actress-comedian Mary Scheer is 57.
Playwright Neil LaBute is 57.
Actor Connor Trinneer is 51.
Rock musician Gert Bettens (K’s Choice) is 50.
Rapper Bun B is 47.
Rock musician Zach Lind (Jimmy Eat World) is 44.
Actress Virginia Williams is 42.
Actress Abby Brammell is 41.
MLB pitcher Clayton Kershaw is 32.
Actor Craig Lamar Traylor is 31.
Actor Philip Bolden is 25.

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2020, 07:57:36 AM »

Thought for Today: “The heaviest baggage for a traveler is an empty purse.” [–] German proverb.

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2020, 08:09:01 AM »

May your day be a little less shitty.
Thank you, Rick. Yours too.
That's a heart warming sentiment from BoilerRick.  Thought for the Day.

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2020, 08:09:03 AM »

Thought for Today: “The heaviest baggage for a traveler is an empty purse.” [–] German proverb.
"That purse counts as your carry-on." - Airlines

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2020, 08:11:18 AM »

Thought for Today: “The heaviest baggage for a traveler is an empty purse.” [–] German proverb.
"That purse counts as your carry-on." - Airlines
"Hold my purse." - CB's wife.

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2020, 08:13:49 AM »

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2020, 08:26:18 AM »

Good morning, Wuhaners.  All greens on the way in this morning. In case you were wondering.

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2020, 08:32:53 AM »

Good morning, Wuhaners.  All greens on the way in this morning. In case you were wondering.
That's what I was waiting to hear.  Morning Mr. Bean.

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2020, 08:35:54 AM »

Good morning, Wuhaners.  All greens on the way in this morning. In case you were wondering.
Now I can get back to my tp hoarding.

« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2020, 09:14:39 AM »

Good morning, Wuhaners.  All greens on the way in this morning. In case you were wondering.
Now I can get back to my tp hoarding.

« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2020, 09:28:41 AM »

Good morning, Wuhaners.  All greens on the way in this morning. In case you were wondering.
I must have gotten every red light to and from the doctor.

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2020, 09:31:00 AM »

Rheumatologist Day at 8am.
They're still seeing patients in person?
yes. there are zero cases in Marion County where my doctors are located. and of course they are screening everyone as they arrive. the waiting room was empty seeing how I got the first appointment of the day.

« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2020, 09:31:44 AM »

good morning Dave, Dave, Rick, Tony, and Mark.

« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2020, 09:37:18 AM »

Rheumatologist Day at 8am.
They're still seeing patients in person?
yes. there are zero cases in Marion County where my doctors are located. and of course they are screening everyone as they arrive. the waiting room was empty seeing how I got the first appointment of the day.
There are zero cases confirmed. Doesn't mean there are zero cases, since the vast majority of people with this thing have likely not been identified, due to the shortage of test kits.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5