Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

« Reply #60 on: March 19, 2020, 02:19:04 PM »

Toilet update for those interested - went to Lowe's yesterday (and used sanitizer when I left!) and got a new fill valve. Now I can't get the line from the wall to sit properly on the new valve, because it is metal instead of flexible, and it apparently came with the house, since it's fused into the wall good. Gonna try to WD40 it and see if that will loosen it so I can replace it, but if not, I'll have to put in a call to my plumber friend.
They make a bender for those rigid tube feeds so you can get proper seating
The thing is, it LOOKS like it's seated in there properly when I screw it on. That just doesn't seem to translate when I turn the water back on. But I was done fukkin' with it yesterday. I'll give it another try at some point.
The rigid ones are a pain in the ass (heh-heh) should just buy a flex
If I can get it off the damn wall, I definitely will.
Post a picture
If the water's off I'd cut-off the shut-off valve and replace the whole assembly with a compression fitting and flex line
Yeah, that's above my pay grade. That's why I'm happy to have a friend from high school who's a plumber now.
Have fishy do it. He'll put up some crown molding while he's there.

« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2020, 02:23:00 PM »

[...]
Now we're talking.

« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2020, 02:23:17 PM »

And with that, I bid you hazzuh!

« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2020, 02:24:07 PM »

[...]
That may be sweated on? If it is like fish said you can put on a compression fitting and go to a flexible connect. Obviously shut off water first. You will need to cut it back with a small tubing cutter or if you don't have one a hack saw blade.
https://youtu.be/yW8LNinHiHw

« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2020, 03:03:26 PM »

Man cave while awaiting an update from PlumbersCrackDave.

« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2020, 04:41:50 PM »

Think I'll join you. Was considering GoTF but went with a Futuro instead.

« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2020, 04:51:11 PM »

Lil Mac, won't be my last of evening, that's for sure.

« Reply #67 on: March 19, 2020, 07:03:52 PM »

Making life a little less shitty

« Reply #68 on: March 19, 2020, 08:19:01 PM »

How is that Boneshaker?

« Reply #69 on: March 19, 2020, 08:19:44 PM »

Coffee and a La Promesa.

« Reply #70 on: March 19, 2020, 08:20:36 PM »

Think it's going to be a shorts weather day tomorrow. 😁

« Reply #71 on: March 19, 2020, 09:57:06 PM »

Think it's going to be a shorts weather day tomorrow.
Raining on and off here tomorrow but supposed to hit 75°.

« Reply #72 on: March 19, 2020, 10:47:58 PM »

Wrapping the evening with a Jacob's Ladder.

« Reply #73 on: March 19, 2020, 10:50:14 PM »

What are your plans for your meetings Dean?
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]