CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: 3/19/2020  (Read 4810 times)

Threebean

Re: 3/19/2020
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2020, 11:13:38 AM »

Toilet update for those interested - went to Lowe's yesterday (and used sanitizer when I left!) and got a new fill valve. Now I can't get the line from the wall to sit properly on the new valve, because it is metal instead of flexible, and it apparently came with the house, since it's fused into the wall good. Gonna try to WD40 it and see if that will loosen it so I can replace it, but if not, I'll have to put in a call to my plumber friend.
My toilet is still running...
D'oh!
My toilet is from 1932. My wife loves the "charm" of said toilet. I seem to be the only one who knows how to flush it without making the water continue running afterwards.

I have replaced the fill valve a bunch of times and it is a band-aid. About a year later, I need to replace it again. The toilet is so inefficient that I'd rather just swap the whole thing out all together.

#FirstWorldProblems
Sounds like the kids first school lesson today should be "Handle Jiggling 101".
They are unteachable, starting with their mom. I have tried so many times and they look at me with bewilderment like I have 5 eyes.
Lift the tank lid and do a show and tell.  Maybe that will help them understand.  Tell them it's that or you're replacing the toilet.  Besides, if it's one of those old "small" toilets those suck anyway.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2020, 11:21:56 AM »

Toilet update for those interested - went to Lowe's yesterday (and used sanitizer when I left!) and got a new fill valve. Now I can't get the line from the wall to sit properly on the new valve, because it is metal instead of flexible, and it apparently came with the house, since it's fused into the wall good. Gonna try to WD40 it and see if that will loosen it so I can replace it, but if not, I'll have to put in a call to my plumber friend.
Before you start wrenching on that valve I recommend you turn off the water to the house in case you break it off.  Just sayin'.
The water to that pipe has already been shut off, naturally. But I'm not going to go full bore on it. Not even sure I could, because there's precious little space between the toilet and the corner.

sfish

« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2020, 12:55:28 PM »

Sorry to interrupt this edition of "Helpless Homeowners" but JR has a couple good deals in this 10-pack special: San Lotano Connie Toros and a Room 101 JR exclusive that I purchased

https://www.jrcigars.com/deals/best-cigar-deals/mvp-pricing-on-top-10-packs/?start=0&sz=20

sfish

« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2020, 12:57:51 PM »

They make a bender for those rigid tube feeds so you can get proper seating

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Click the globe below to see my top rated cigars.
    • Click my web link to see my list of top rated cigars...
« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2020, 12:58:17 PM »

Sorry to interrupt this edition of "Helpless Homeowners" but JR has a couple good deals in this 10-pack special: San Lotano Connie Toros and a Room 101 JR exclusive that I purchased

https://www.jrcigars.com/deals/best-cigar-deals/mvp-pricing-on-top-10-packs/?start=0&sz=20
Thank you fish. I can highly recommend the Boneshaker Tombstone's by AJ.

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2020, 01:02:58 PM »

I wait for their promotional codes. It's good to be signed up for email but they will hit you daily

sfish

« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2020, 01:12:12 PM »

I wait for their promotional codes. It's good to be signed up for email but they will hit you daily
Hey Rick, free shipping also forgot to mention. The SL are only $34.20

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2020, 01:19:47 PM »

The thing is, it LOOKS like it's seated in there properly when I screw it on. That just doesn't seem to translate when I turn the water back on. But I was done fukkin' with it yesterday. I'll give it another try at some point.

sfish

« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2020, 01:47:52 PM »

The thing is, it LOOKS like it's seated in there properly when I screw it on. That just doesn't seem to translate when I turn the water back on. But I was done fukkin' with it yesterday. I'll give it another try at some point.
The rigid ones are a pain in the ass (heh-heh) should just buy a flex

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2020, 01:50:26 PM »

If I can get it off the damn wall, I definitely will.

sfish

« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2020, 01:53:23 PM »

Post a picture

sfish

« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2020, 02:07:42 PM »

Post a picture
If the water's off I'd cut-off the shut-off valve and replace the whole assembly with a compression fitting and flex line

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2020, 02:09:24 PM »

Post a picture

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2020, 02:10:17 PM »

Post a picture
If the water's off I'd cut-off the shut-off valve and replace the whole assembly with a compression fitting and flex line
Yeah, that's above my pay grade. That's why I'm happy to have a friend from high school who's a plumber now.

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2020, 02:18:58 PM »

Post a picture
Yeah, that's above my pay grade. That's why I'm happy to have a friend from high school who's a plumber now.
That may be sweated on? If it is like fish said you can put on a compression fitting and go to a flexible connect. Obviously shut off water first. You will need to cut it back with a small tubing cutter or if you don't have one a hack saw blade.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5