CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: 3/1/2020  (Read 2273 times)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
Re: 3/1/2020
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2020, 08:46:36 AM »

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2020, 08:54:37 AM »

Hey guys. Real life has been a bit crazy. I got rear-ended on Friday while at a red light. Been real busy
Even crazier. Sorry to hear it, Rick. Hope things aren't too bad.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2020, 08:57:25 AM »

One year ago: In an effort to defuse a dramatic escalation between the nuclear-armed neighbors over the disputed region of Kashmir, Pakistan handed over a captured Indian air force pilot to Indian officials at a border crossing. The driver of a Tesla Model 3 was killed when the car drove beneath a semitrailer in Delray Beach, Florida; investigators determined that the driver had activated the company’s semi-autonomous Autopilot system about 10 seconds before the crash.

I never heard this story. Sheesh. I think it's a matter of time before all cars are driverless but I'm hoping that won't be in my lifetime.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2020, 09:20:55 AM »

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2020, 09:33:18 AM »

Damn, March already!
Crazy, right?
time flies ....
Good morning, Dean. How are you feeling these days? Any golfing in your future?

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2020, 10:02:22 AM »

Hope you are all well. I'll go back and skim the posts from the last couple of days if I get some time.
they still have 'no fault' in NY?
I'm amazed at the number of lawyer commercials on TV here. Dial "all threes" "all sixes" or "all nines" for your accident compensation, NO COST to you!  In NJ all we had was lawyers beating the weeds for medical malpractice and suing the drug companies.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2020, 10:04:31 AM »

One year ago: In an effort to defuse a dramatic escalation between the nuclear-armed neighbors over the disputed region of Kashmir, Pakistan handed over a captured Indian air force pilot to Indian officials at a border crossing. The driver of a Tesla Model 3 was killed when the car drove beneath a semitrailer in Delray Beach, Florida; investigators determined that the driver had activated the company’s semi-autonomous Autopilot system about 10 seconds before the crash.

I never heard this story. Sheesh. I think it's a matter of time before all cars are driverless but I'm hoping that won't be in my lifetime.
  Think there will always be a problem unless all are driverless, or at least have a sensor chip installed.  Then there are those pesky pedestrians.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2020, 10:04:48 AM »

Damn, March already!
Crazy, right?
time flies ....
I was planning on a 4 hour drive to Okeechobee tomorrow until Tuesday to see a buddy from NY that I haven't heard from in years, but I just can't get away. he heads back up at the end of the month, and the last couple of weeks he have family visiting.
planning on golf Wednesday. but we all know how plans go.
got my monthly business meetings tonight and need to make arrangement to get the archives out of my house and into the District storage locker.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2020, 10:05:55 AM »

Today’s Highlight in History:
On March 1, 1974, seven people, including former Nixon White House aides H.R. Haldeman and John D. Ehrlichman, former Attorney General John Mitchell and former assistant Attorney General Robert Mardian, were indicted on charges of conspiring to obstruct justice in connection with the Watergate break-in. (These four defendants were convicted in Jan. 1975, although Mardian’s conviction was later reversed.)

How about that!  Back in the day, those kinds of things were considered illegal!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2020, 10:07:02 AM »

Damn, March already!
Crazy, right?
time flies ....
I was planning on a 4 hour drive to Okeechobee tomorrow until Tuesday to see a buddy from NY that I haven't heard from in years, but I just can't get away. he heads back up at the end of the month, and the last couple of weeks he have family visiting.
got my monthly business meetings tonight and need to make arrangement to get the archives out of my house and into the District storage locker.
So you're archiving the archives?

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2020, 10:07:41 AM »

Morning Dean and Tony.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2020, 10:07:50 AM »

Hope you are all well. I'll go back and skim the posts from the last couple of days if I get some time.
I'm amazed at the number of lawyer commercials on TV here. Dial "all threes" "all sixes" or "all nines" for your accident compensation, NO COST to you!  In NJ all we had was lawyers beating the weeds for medical malpractice and suing the drug companies.
Florida No Fault goes onto your own insurance, which sucks. few 'rednecks' down here don't carry insurance and then there is the 'elderly' population who have no idea what the fuck they're doing.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2020, 10:08:37 AM »

Damn, March already!
Crazy, right?
time flies ....
So you're archiving the archives?
yeah, I guess I am. 🤣

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2020, 10:09:22 AM »

Florida No Fault goes onto your own insurance, which sucks. few 'rednecks' down here don't carry insurance and then there is the 'elderly' population who have no idea what the fuck they're doing.
Or you can be like my dad who doesn't have insurance or a license.  Drives because "how else am I going to get there?"

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Click the globe below to see my top rated cigars.
    • Click my web link to see my list of top rated cigars...
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2020, 10:09:57 AM »

Yeah and no lack of numbers to call like Dave mentioned. I don't want to screw anyone just get car fixed and have myself checked out in case of the unknowns. Life goes on despite any mishaps. Schitt happens.
Pages: 1 [2] 3