Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Good morning Daves, Dean, and Mr. Mayor. As my mom liked to say, it's Birthington's Washday. Silly but fun to say.
I'll have to use that one tonight. Although technically, it's not until Saturday.

changed filters in the hottub and re-treated the water, load of laundry in, scrambled eggs and bacon done.
cigar time before I run to the store for a few things.

changed filters in the hottub and re-treated the water, load of laundry in, scrambled eggs and bacon done.
cigar time before I run to the store for a few things.
I need a cigar. It's warmed up a bit so I'll have to enjoy a commute home smoke today.

George Birthington’s Washday

by David Van Alstyne
CNS – Creative News Service

In heretofore unseen fits of passion, normally good-natured historians have been breaking into fistfights recently over the birthdate, and even the correct name, of the father of our country.

The maelstrom was ignited by a recent discovery, in the attic at Mt. Vernon, of an old daybook containing work assignments for the involuntary household help (sometimes insensitively referred to by us as “slaves”). This ledger apparently dates from the early childhood of George Washington (or whatever his name was) before he had grown big enough to wield a hatchet.

The problem lies in a surprising notation wherein February 22 was clearly set aside not for the boy’s birthday, as tradition would have it, but as the day for little George's annual bath.

What could this mean? Less volatile pundits at least agree on two possibilities: either that

1.) his parents, with typical early American resourcefulness, thought, “Birthday? Birthday suit. Hmm. Yes! Let us bathe the lad upon his birthday. Thus we’ll not forget to do it at least yearly, whether he needeth it or not,” and the routine recording of this in the daybook was rendered slightly askew by someone’s dyslexia; or, more embarrassing,

2.) that the notation was correct, and we have mistakenly made a national holiday not of George Washington’s Birthday, but of what was actually just the Washday of some local kid named George Birthington.

[...]

CNS

changed filters in the hottub and re-treated the water, load of laundry in, scrambled eggs and bacon done.
cigar time before I run to the store for a few things.
Got those on sale at the Page today.

changed filters in the hottub and re-treated the water, load of laundry in, scrambled eggs and bacon done.
cigar time before I run to the store for a few things.
Got those on sale at the Page today.
good price too.

Good morning Gentlemen. Morning cigar before lunch and a movie with the Fam.

Good morning Gentlemen. Morning cigar before lunch and a movie with the Fam.
What are you seeing?

Good morning Gentlemen. Morning cigar before lunch and a movie with the Fam.
What are you seeing?
I was just about to ask the same. My family is also taking in a movie today, while I figure out how to pay for it.

Good morning Gentlemen. Morning cigar before lunch and a movie with the Fam.
What are you seeing?
I was just about to ask the same. My family is also taking in a movie today, while I figure out how to pay for it.
Between tickets and concessions, I suggest a second mortgage.

Good morning Gentlemen. Morning cigar before lunch and a movie with the Fam.
What are you seeing?
I was just about to ask the same. My family is also taking in a movie today, while I figure out how to pay for it.
Between tickets and concessions, I suggest a second mortgage.
Yeah movies aren't cheap but something's are better on the big screen.
We are going to see Sonic the hedgehog.

I have a newfound respect for Cody Bellinger. Anyone who follows baseball has heard his comments.

I have a newfound respect for Cody Bellinger. Anyone who follows baseball has heard his comments.
Hasn't he said what pretty much everyone not on the Astros has said? Or did I miss something new?

Good morning Gentlemen. Morning cigar before lunch and a movie with the Fam.
What are you seeing?
I was just about to ask the same. My family is also taking in a movie today, while I figure out how to pay for it.
Between tickets and concessions, I suggest a second mortgage.
Yeah movies aren't cheap but something's are better on the big screen.
We are going to see Sonic the hedgehog.
What about you, Tony, what's your family seeing?
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5