Pages: [1] 2 3

  • Administrator
2/15/2020
« on: February 15, 2020, 12:00:58 AM »

Dean must have put a big up some PA politicians ass...some folks are so spiteful when crossed

nope, Pete Johnson will do anything to keep from being criticized.

9 am Convention Committee meeting in JAX. be back late afternoon.

Thought for Today

"The grass is not, in fact, always greener on the other side of the fence.
Fences have nothing to do with it. The grass is greenest where it is watered. When crossing over fences, carry water with you and tend the grass wherever you may be."

--Robert Fulghum, It Was on Fire When I Lay Down on It

Good morning, WeekendMeetingsDean.

Good morning, WeekendMeetingsDean.
good morning Tony.
just pulled in to the ALCO House in JAX. I made decent time.

Good morning Tony and MakingTimeDean. Dang, Christmas is right around the corner.  Where did the year go?

Good morning Tony and MakingTimeDean. Dang, Christmas is right around the corner.  Where did the year go?
Where the hell did that come from?

sonofabitch, I was given misinformation. my 9am meeting is now at 11:30am. I did not get the memo, or two others. WTF.

sonofabitch, I was given misinformation. my 9am meeting is now at 11:30am. I did not get the memo, or two others. WTF.
Time for a nice breakfast.

Morning JaxDean, SunshineTony and HoHoHoBean.

Good morning Tony and MakingTimeDean. Dang, Christmas is right around the corner.  Where did the year go?
Where the hell did that come from?
What date do you see at the top of today's banter thread?

sonofabitch, I was given misinformation. my 9am meeting is now at 11:30am. I did not get the memo, or two others. WTF.
Time for a nice breakfast.
Indeed. And another cigar

Today is Saturday, Feb. 15, the 46th day of 2020. There are 320 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:
On Feb. 15, 1898, the U.S. battleship Maine mysteriously blew up in Havana Harbor, killing more than 260 crew members and bringing the United States closer to war with Spain.

On this date:
In 1564, Italian astronomer Galileo Galilei was born in Pisa.
In 1879, President Rutherford B. Hayes signed a bill allowing female attorneys to argue cases before the Supreme Court.
In 1933, President-elect Franklin D. Roosevelt escaped an assassination attempt in Miami that mortally wounded Chicago Mayor Anton J. Cermak; gunman Giuseppe Zangara was executed more than four weeks later.

In 1952, a funeral was held at Windsor Castle for Britain’s King George VI, who had died nine days earlier.
In 1961, 73 people, including an 18-member U.S. figure skating team en route to the World Championships in Czechoslovakia, were killed in the crash of a Sabena Airlines Boeing 707 in Belgium.
In 1989, the Soviet Union announced that the last of its troops had left Afghanistan, after more than nine years of military intervention.

In 1992, a Milwaukee jury found that Jeffrey Dahmer was sane when he killed and mutilated 15 men and boys. (The decision meant that Dahmer, who had already pleaded guilty to the murders, would receive a mandatory life sentence for each count; Dahmer was beaten to death in prison in 1994.)
In 2004, Dale Earnhardt Jr. won the Daytona 500 on the same track where his father was killed three years earlier.
In 2005, defrocked priest Paul Shanley was sentenced in Boston to 12 to 15 years in prison on child rape charges.

In 2006, Vice President Dick Cheney accepted blame for accidentally shooting a hunting companion, calling it “one of the worst days of my life,” but was defiantly unapologetic in a Fox News Channel interview about not publicly disclosing the incident until the next day.
In 2007, National Guardsmen in Humvees ferried food, fuel and baby supplies to hundreds of motorists stranded for nearly a day on a 50-mile stretch of Interstate 78 in eastern Pennsylvania because of a monster storm.

In 2018, the last of the bodies of the 17 victims of a school shooting in Florida were removed from the building after authorities analyzed the crime scene; 13 wounded survivors were still hospitalized. In response to the Florida school shooting, President Donald Trump, in an address to the nation, promised to “tackle the difficult issue of mental health,” but avoided any mention of guns. Nikolas Cruz, the suspect in the shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, was ordered held without bond at a brief court hearing.

Ten years ago: Eighteen people were killed when two trains collided south of Brussels, Belgium. At the Vancouver Winter Olympics, Didier Defago of Switzerland won the gold in the Olympic downhill and American Bode (BOH’-dee) Miller took the bronze. American Seth Wescott defended his Olympic title, overtaking Canada’s Mike Robertson to win the gold medal in men’s snowboardcross.

Five years ago: A video purporting to show the mass beheading of Egyptian Coptic Christian hostages was released by militants in Libya affiliated with the Islamic State group. Russell Westbrook scored 41 points to lead the Western Conference to a 163-158 win over the East in the NBA All-Star Game. Foreign correspondent and news executive Arnaud de Borchgrave, 88, died in Washington.

One year ago: In a move to secure more money for his border wall, President Donald Trump declared a national emergency at the U.S.-Mexico border, exercising a broad interpretation of his presidential powers. (Congress voted to block the emergency declaration, but Trump vetoed that measure.) Socialite Lee Radziwill, a stylish jet-setter who was the sister of Jacqueline Kennedy, died at the age of 85. Gary Martin, a 15-year employee who was being fired from a suburban Chicago manufacturing company, opened fire on co-workers, killing five of them and wounding five police officers before he was killed in an exchange of gunfire with police.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3