Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Ten years ago: Former President Bill Clinton had two stents inserted in one of his heart arteries after being hospitalized in New York with chest pains. Iranian security forces unleashed a crushing sweep against opposition protesters as President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad (ah-muh-DEE’-neh-zhahd) used the 31st anniversary of the Islamic revolution to defy the West. British fashion designer Alexander McQueen, 40, was found dead in his London home.

Five years ago: Vowing that Islamic State forces were “going to lose,” President Barack Obama urged Congress to authorize military action while ruling out large-scale U.S. ground combat operations reminiscent of Iraq and Afghanistan. Little League International stripped Jackie Robinson West of the national title after an investigation revealed it had falsified boundaries to field ineligible players; Mountain Ridge Little League was awarded the title. Longtime CBS News correspondent Bob Simon, 73, was killed in a car crash in New York. Hall of Fame basketball coach Jerry Tarkanian, 84, died in Las Vegas.

One year ago: Congressional negotiators reached agreement to prevent a government shutdown and finance construction of new barriers along the U.S.-Mexico border. Freshman Democratic Rep. Ilhan Omar of Minnesota apologized for tweets suggesting that members of Congress support Israel because they are being paid to do so; the tweets had brought bipartisan criticism. Robert Bowers, charged with gunning down 11 people at a Pittsburgh synagogue, pleaded not guilty to hate crimes and dozens of other counts. Denver schoolteachers went on strike for the first time in 25 years after failed negotiations with the school district over base pay; schools remained open with administrators and substitute teachers in classrooms. As baseball’s Oakland Athletics began spring training workouts, first-round draft pick Kyler Murray announced that he would pursue a career in the NFL rather than in baseball; Murray had won college football’s Heisman Trophy at Oklahoma.

Today’s Birthdays:

Actor Conrad Janis is 92.
Gospel singer Jimmy Carter is 88.
Fashion designer Mary Quant is 86.
Actress Tina Louise is 82.
Bandleader Sergio Mendes is 79.
Actor Philip Anglim is 68.
Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush is 67.
Actress Catherine Hickland is 64.
Rock musician David Uosikkinen (aw-SIK’-ken-ihn) (The Hooters) is 64.
Actress Carey Lowell is 59.
Singer Sheryl Crow is 58.
Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin is 56.
Actress Jennifer Aniston is 51.
Actor Damian Lewis is 49.
Actress Marisa Petroro is 48.
Singer D’Angelo is 46.
Actor Brice Beckham is 44.
Rock M-C/vocalist Mike Shinoda (Linkin Park) is 43.
Singer-actress Brandy is 41.
Country musician Jon Jones (The Eli Young Band) is 40.
Actor Matthew Lawrence is 40.
Rhythm-and-blues singer Kelly Rowland is 39.
Actress Natalie Dormer is 38.
Singer Aubrey O’Day is 36.
Actress Q’orianka (kohr-ee-AHN’-kuh) Kilcher is 30.
Actor Taylor Lautner is 28.

Thought for Today: “We had better live as we think, otherwise we shall end up by thinking as we have lived.” [–] Paul Bourget, French author (1852-1935).

Thought for Today: “We had better live as we think, otherwise we shall end up by thinking as we have lived.” [–] Paul Bourget, French author (1852-1935).
The French must always be thinking about surrender.

[...]

Ginger is 82!

For those of you that participate...3 days till Valentines Day.

Good price on some boxes at the Page, Charter Oak, Curivari, Dunbarton, Illusione Rothchildes among others.

https://www.cigarpage.com/boxes-get-burnt.html

Espinosa Crema's available at the Sis DoD.

Tony must have taken everyone out to lunch.

Place lit up while I was busy.
Dean, I think if you try and tackle the truck your gonna lose. Tony wants to drive all night long. Bean likes the yellow lights. Raz has a dog on the stove. LTG has a new house. Clemson Dave is playing Grand Puppy Poppa and I'm playing with boilers.

Place lit up while I was busy.
Dean, I think if you try and tackle the truck your gonna lose. Tony wants to drive all night long. Bean likes the yellow lights. Raz has a dog on the stove. LTG has a new house. Clemson Dave is playing Grand Puppy Poppa and I'm playing with boilers.
Pretty much it.

Place lit up while I was busy.
Dean, I think if you try and tackle the truck your gonna lose. Tony wants to drive all night long. Bean likes the yellow lights. Raz has a dog on the stove. LTG has a new house. Clemson Dave is playing Grand Puppy Poppa and I'm playing with boilers.
truck washed inside and out. now to wax and clean the glass.

cigar break.

Busy trying to find a house for CF. Place we went last year is booked one of the days, so that one's out.
Would you consider a change of venue? Meaning, driving to Connecticut instead? I'm trying to put something together. It's in the REALLY EARLY stages and may not work out but I'd like to get an idea if there is any interest.
Tony, you're being too hard on yourself. When has a plan of yours not worked out?

Good price on some boxes at the Page, Charter Oak, Curivari, Dunbarton, Illusione Rothchildes among others.

https://www.cigarpage.com/boxes-get-burnt.html
Nice.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7