CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: 2/5/2020  (Read 5958 times)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
Re: 2/5/2020
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2020, 08:20:04 AM »

Good morning boys.  Looks like we'll be shutting down the city for the day tomorrow...
Scattered snow flurries and snow showers this evening. Becoming partly cloudy later. Low 29F. Winds NNW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 40%.
So there's 60% chance none of that will happen?

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2020, 08:43:26 AM »

Surprised to see that some CF tix are still available. Gone are the days where they all sell out in 2 minutes, I guess. Wonder if that's due to a lack of interest, the price or the new system they used to sell them this year.

Threebean

« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2020, 08:45:14 AM »

Good morning boys.  Looks like we'll be shutting down the city for the day tomorrow...
Scattered snow flurries and snow showers this evening. Becoming partly cloudy later. Low 29F. Winds NNW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 40%.
Given weather guesser hyperbole I'd say higher than that, but no matter, put the word "snow" in a forecast here and it's end times.

Threebean

« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2020, 08:46:42 AM »

Surprised to see that some CF tix are still available. Gone are the days where they all sell out in 2 minutes, I guess. Wonder if that's due to a lack of interest, the price or the new system they used to sell them this year.
What is "all of the above", Alex.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2020, 08:52:31 AM »

Looking to be a frogchoker kind of day here today and tomorrow, forecasting 6-7" of rain.
Just think, if it were snow, that would be like 3 feet or something.
Isn't it more like 1" = 10-12" of snow?
I don't know, maybe. Didn't feel like googling it at the time.

EDIT: Anywhere from 10-13 inches, depending on who you believe.
TWHS
You got one Tony!  That one was hanging out there for a while.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2020, 08:53:09 AM »

I don't know, the prices have been going up steadily for years, and that never seemed to stop people. I have a feeling it's mostly boomers not being able to navigate Eventbrite.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2020, 08:59:05 AM »

I don't know, the prices have been going up steadily for years, and that never seemed to stop people. I have a feeling it's mostly boomers not being able to navigate Eventbrite.

GFY...what do you think this is, Iowa?

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2020, 09:00:21 AM »

BIP to start the day.

Threebean

« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2020, 09:01:09 AM »

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2020, 09:05:57 AM »

Great question. Everyone knows you don't change multiple things at once. Obviously, CI doesn't follow best practices.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2020, 09:06:48 AM »

Given weather guesser hyperbole I'd say higher than that, but no matter, put the word "snow" in a forecast here and it's end times.
But were all the lights green this morning?

Threebean

« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2020, 09:07:39 AM »

Close, but no, didn't get lucky this morning....

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2020, 09:07:49 AM »

GFY...what do you think this is, Iowa?
LALTS

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Click the globe below to see my top rated cigars.
    • Click my web link to see my list of top rated cigars...
« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2020, 09:15:01 AM »

Close, but no, didn't get lucky this morning....
I didn't either, she was sleeping.

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Click the globe below to see my top rated cigars.
    • Click my web link to see my list of top rated cigars...
« Reply #59 on: February 05, 2020, 09:16:32 AM »

Man, I have to pull a circulator and see why it's not working. Guess I have some work to do.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8