Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Just in case you want to review any of the Super Bowl commercials....

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/superbowl-commercials-hub?ocid=spartanntp
Think my favorite was Hyundai's Smaht Pahk.
I had already seen the commercial on YouTube last week but I would agree it was pretty funny.

Good morning, ClemsonDave.
That's cheating!
Not on purpose. It popped up as an ad. I wasn't searching for it.
Bet you use the same excuse for porn sites.

Having a pot luck next week to welcome the 7 people we just hired. This new group apparently comes with their own list of allergies: gluten, tree nuts, dairy and cinnamon. Yes, cinnamon. I had to google that one to see if it was even a thing.

Think I'll be skipping the pot lucks from now on.
In other words every nut worth eating.
Tree nuts include:

Almonds
Brazil nuts
Cashews
Chestnuts
Filberts
Hazelnuts
Hickory nuts
Macadamia nuts
Pecans
Pine nuts
Pistachios
Walnuts
And oddly enough, peanuts are ok. Which seems like the most common allergy these days.
But peanuts are legumes.
And almonds,  cashews and pecans are classified as drupes.
Between this and the location of the Chiefs, it feels like we're all in school today.
Ask the new people if they have a drupe allergy.  Just to be safe.
While we're talking nuts, did you ever see what a cashew looks like when growing....weird shit!

[...]

And one more bit of nut info, both cashews and almonds are poisonous if eaten raw.  Cashews will cause a poison ivy type rash and almonds contain cyanide in large quantities.  (both neutralize when roasted)

[...]

Cashew "apples" are eaten.  The nuts (or drupes) used to be thrown away.

Just in case you want to review any of the Super Bowl commercials....

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/superbowl-commercials-hub?ocid=spartanntp
Think my favorite was Hyundai's Smaht Pahk.
I had already seen the commercial on YouTube last week but I would agree it was pretty funny.

Good morning, ClemsonDave.
That's cheating!
Not on purpose. It popped up as an ad. I wasn't searching for it.
Bet you use the same excuse for porn sites.
Not on purpose. It just popped up. I wasn't playing with it.

Just in case you want to review any of the Super Bowl commercials....

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/superbowl-commercials-hub?ocid=spartanntp
Think my favorite was Hyundai's Smaht Pahk.
I had already seen the commercial on YouTube last week but I would agree it was pretty funny.

Good morning, ClemsonDave.
That's cheating!
Not on purpose. It popped up as an ad. I wasn't searching for it.
Bet you use the same excuse for porn sites.
Not on purpose. It just popped up. I wasn't playing with it.
TWHS

[...]

Good to know for when I find myself stranded for days in the middle of a cashew or almond farm.

[...]

It could happen.

[...]

Indeed, just like I may one day have to turn down J-Lo or Shakira.

What a chatty bunch today. Wondering if I could just get the 30 second rundown?
Aladino Connecticut

[...]

Chances are slimmer.

What a chatty bunch today. Wondering if I could just get the 30 second rundown?
Aladino Connecticut
I enjoyed the original Aladino. Haven't yet tried the connie.

What a chatty bunch today. Wondering if I could just get the 30 second rundown?
Aladino Connecticut
I enjoyed the original Aladino. Haven't yet tried the connie.
I was out today...picked up the Connecticut and the Corojo Reserva.
The Connecticut is very very smooth. I wish it had more body but like the soft suttle notes I'm getting.

What a chatty bunch today. Wondering if I could just get the 30 second rundown?
Aladino Connecticut
I enjoyed the original Aladino. Haven't yet tried the connie.
I was out today...picked up the Connecticut and the Corojo Reserva.
The Connecticut is very very smooth. I wish it had more body but like the soft suttle notes I'm getting.
Good to know. As far as recap for the day, I'm not really good at that.

The normal news that ClemsonDave shared. Nothing too notable.

LTG and I made fun of the Prez for not knowing where Kansas City is.

There were a couple of cigar deals Dean shared with us. New Crowned heads is due out this month (new vitola).

We talked about different V-cutters. I prefer the Colibri.

I think that's about it.

What a chatty bunch today. Wondering if I could just get the 30 second rundown?
Aladino Connecticut
I enjoyed the original Aladino. Haven't yet tried the connie.
I was out today...picked up the Connecticut and the Corojo Reserva.
The Connecticut is very very smooth. I wish it had more body but like the soft suttle notes I'm getting.
Good to know. As far as recap for the day, I'm not really good at that.

The normal news that ClemsonDave shared. Nothing too notable.

LTG and I made fun of the Prez for not knowing where Kansas City is.

There were a couple of cigar deals Dean shared with us. New Crowned heads is due out this month (new vitola).

We talked about different V-cutters. I prefer the Colibri.

I think that's about it.
What about the nut discussion?  I think Rick wants to be up to speed on that subject.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10