Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2020, 08:24:33 AM »

good morning Dave, Mark, Tony, Dave, and Scott.
Happy Monday, Dean.

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2020, 08:26:36 AM »

Good morning, Dave.
Morning, Tony. Only 107 days until CF. Time to get excited yet?
Sure, why not? I thought I saw an email about it from CI but I must have deleted it before I got a chance to read it.
Yeah, it was about the new ticket process this year. Sounds like they've outsourced it to Eventbrite.
I think Jay and his buddy are going to the event this year, he may be involved in whatever we do with a house, Andy likely out due to an upcoming knee surgery scheduled for the April timeframe
Surprised he needs surgery, since he usually moves like a graceful swan.

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2020, 08:27:18 AM »

Good morning, Dave.
Morning, Tony. Only 107 days until CF. Time to get excited yet?
Sure, why not? I thought I saw an email about it from CI but I must have deleted it before I got a chance to read it.
Yeah, it was about the new ticket process this year. Sounds like they've outsourced it to Eventbrite.
So it might actually work? Too bad most of us are no longer interested in the actual event.
Or people will complain because they couldn't figure out a new log-in process. You never can tell with these things.

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2020, 08:28:02 AM »

Good morning, Dave.
Morning, Tony. Only 107 days until CF. Time to get excited yet?
Sure, why not? I thought I saw an email about it from CI but I must have deleted it before I got a chance to read it.
Yeah, it was about the new ticket process this year. Sounds like they've outsourced it to Eventbrite.
I think Jay and his buddy are going to the event this year, he may be involved in whatever we do with a house, Andy likely out due to an upcoming knee surgery scheduled for the April timeframe
Surprised he needs surgery, since he usually moves like a graceful swan.
We should be at full strength on our end this year, since Nate is back on the healthy train.

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2020, 08:33:39 AM »

Formerly NJDave - are you thinking of making the trip up for CF?

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2020, 08:35:16 AM »

good morning Dave, Mark, Tony, Dave, and Scott.
Happy Monday, Dean.
Monday #2 of the week. ☺

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2020, 08:38:04 AM »

The midlife crisis is REAL: Study finds that misery maxes out at 47 - but happiness comes back in older age.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-7883575/amp/The-midlife-crisis-REAL-Study-finds-misery-maxes-47.html

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2020, 08:55:31 AM »

The midlife crisis is REAL: Study finds that misery maxes out at 47 - but happiness comes back in older age.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-7883575/amp/The-midlife-crisis-REAL-Study-finds-misery-maxes-47.html
I don't think this will be breaking news to many people.

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2020, 08:59:38 AM »

The midlife crisis is REAL: Study finds that misery maxes out at 47 - but happiness comes back in older age.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-7883575/amp/The-midlife-crisis-REAL-Study-finds-misery-maxes-47.html
I don't think this will be breaking news to many people.
So you're telling me that's a light I'm seeing at the end of the tunnel and not just another train to run me down?

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2020, 09:09:59 AM »

Next up, ND vs Clemson. Woohoo!!!

Was that ever in question?

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2020, 09:11:36 AM »

LSU definitely the better team. Tough loss, but good season nonetheless.   Laranja and Macallans anyway.
Good game, and helluva two year run for Dabo and the boys.  Congrats to the LSU Tigers, they earned it.
And now we wait for Burrow to be drafted, then ruined by the Bengals.
That's the spirit!

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2020, 09:13:17 AM »

Morning Tony, Fishy, Dave and Dean and Mr. Bean..

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2020, 09:15:46 AM »

Formerly NJDave - are you thinking of making the trip up for CF?
Not this year.

« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2020, 09:19:09 AM »

Today is Tuesday, Jan. 14, the 14th day of 2020. There are 352 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:
On Jan. 14, 1994, President Bill Clinton and Russian President Boris Yeltsin signed an accord to stop aiming missiles at any nation; the leaders joined Ukrainian President Leonid Kravchuk in signing an accord to dismantle the nuclear arsenal of Ukraine.

On this date:
In 1784, the United States ratified the Treaty of Paris ending the Revolutionary War; Britain followed suit in April 1784.
In 1914, Ford Motor Co. greatly improved its assembly-line operation by employing an endless chain to pull each chassis along at its Highland Park, Michigan, plant.
In 1943, President Franklin D. Roosevelt, British Prime Minister Winston Churchill and French General Charles de Gaulle opened a wartime conference in Casablanca.

In 1954, Marilyn Monroe and Joe DiMaggio were married at San Francisco City Hall. (The marriage lasted about nine months.)
In 1963, George C. Wallace was sworn in as governor of Alabama with the pledge, “Segregation forever!” [–] a view Wallace later repudiated.
In 1964, former first lady Jacqueline Kennedy, in a brief televised address, thanked Americans for their condolences and messages of support following the assassination of her husband, President John F. Kennedy, nearly two months earlier.

In 1968, the Green Bay Packers of the NFL defeated the AFL’s Oakland Raiders, 33-14, in the second AFL-NFL World Championship game (now referred to as Super Bowl II).
In 1969, 27 people aboard the aircraft carrier USS Enterprise, off Hawaii, were killed when a rocket warhead exploded, setting off a fire and additional explosions.
In 1970, Diana Ross and the Supremes performed their last concert together, at the Frontier Hotel in Las Vegas.

In 1975, the House Internal Security Committee (formerly the House Un-American Activities Committee) was disbanded.
In 1989, President Ronald Reagan delivered his 331st and final weekly White House radio address, telling listeners, “Believe me, Saturdays will never seem the same. I’ll miss you.”
In 2004, former Enron finance chief Andrew Fastow (FAS’-tow) pleaded guilty to conspiracy as he accepted a ten-year prison sentence. (He was actually sentenced to six years and was released in Dec. 2011.)

« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2020, 09:21:32 AM »

Ten years ago: President Barack Obama and the U.S. moved to take charge in earthquake-ravaged Haiti, dispatching thousands of troops along with tons of aid. Iraq’s electoral commission barred 500 candidates from running in March 2010 parliamentary elections, including a prominent Sunni lawmaker, deepening sectarian divides.

Five years ago: The al-Qaida branch in Yemen claimed responsibility for the attack on the satirical Charlie Hebdo newspaper in Paris. Eight inmates and two corrections officers died when a prison bus skidded off an icy West Texas highway, slid down an embankment and collided with a passing freight train. A pair of Americans, Tommy Caldwell and Kevin Jorgeson, completed what had long been considered the world’s most difficult rock climb, using only their hands and feet to scale the 3,000-foot Dawn Wall on El Capitan, the forbidding granite pedestal in Yosemite National Park.

One year ago: President Donald Trump rejected a suggestion to reopen the government for several weeks while negotiations would continue over his demand for billions of dollars for a border wall. Trump hosted the college football champion Clemson Tigers at the White House, serving fast-food burgers that he said he had paid for himself because of the partial government shutdown. Los Angeles teachers walked off the job for the first time in three decades, pressing for higher pay and smaller class sizes. House Republican leaders announced that veteran GOP lawmaker Steve King of Iowa would be blocked from committee assignments for the next two years, after he lamented that white supremacy and white nationalism had become offensive terms. Actress Rose McGowan pleaded no contest to a misdemeanor drug charge in Virginia after cocaine was found in a wallet she had left behind at Dulles International Airport two years earlier.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4