Pages: [1] 2 3

  • Administrator
12/26/2019
« on: December 26, 2019, 12:13:18 AM »

Happy Boxing Day to my Canadian friends. Anyone else working today?

Happy Boxing Day to my Canadian friends. Anyone else working today?
I'm gonna take that as a no.

Happy Boxing Day to my Canadian friends. Anyone else working today?
no. not me.
good morning Tony.

AAA reports that today is the worst day to travel.
finishing up a cigar and coffee and I'm off to Orlando.

AAA reports that today is the worst day to travel.
finishing up a cigar and coffee and I'm off to Orlando.
My wife's aunt is very sick and she may be traveling today to go see her.

AAA reports that today is the worst day to travel.
finishing up a cigar and coffee and I'm off to Orlando.
Good morning, Dean. Be safe out there.

Happy Boxing Day to my Canadian friends. Anyone else working today?
I'm gonna take that as a no.
You sir are correct.

Happy Boxing Day to my Canadian friends. Anyone else working today?
no. not me.
good morning Tony.
Is that coal or alligator turds Dean?

Good morning Tony and Dean.

Happy Boxing Day to my Canadian friends. Anyone else working today?
no. not me.
good morning Tony.
Is that coal or alligator turds Dean?
coal. my favorite Christmas gift from a 'friend'.

Today is Thursday, Dec. 26, the 360th day of 2019. There are five days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:
On Dec. 26, 1996, 6-year-old beauty queen JonBenet Ramsey was found beaten and strangled in the basement of her family’s home in Boulder, Colorado. (To date, the slaying remains unsolved.)

On this date:
In 1799, former President George Washington was eulogized by Col. Henry Lee as “first in war, first in peace and first in the hearts of his countrymen.”
In 1893, Chinese leader Mao Zedong was born in Hunan province.
In 1917, during World War I, President Woodrow Wilson issued a proclamation authorizing the government to take over operation of the nation’s railroads.

In 1944, during the World War II Battle of the Bulge, the embattled U.S. 101st Airborne Division in Bastogne (bas-TOHN’), Belgium, was relieved by units of the 4th Armored Division. Tennessee Williams’ play “The Glass Menagerie” was first performed at the Civic Theatre in Chicago.
In 1947, heavy snow blanketed the Northeast, burying New York City under 26.4 inches of snow in 16 hours; the severe weather was blamed for some 80 deaths.
In 1980, Iranian television footage was broadcast in the United States, showing a dozen of the American hostages sending messages to their families.
In 1985, Ford Motor Company began selling its Taurus and Sable sedans and station wagons.

In 1994, French commandos stormed a hijacked Air France jetliner on the ground in Marseille, killing four Algerian hijackers and freeing 170 hostages.
In 2000, Michael McDermott, an employee at an Internet firm in Wakefield, Massachusetts, shot and killed seven co-workers. (McDermott was later convicted of first-degree murder and sentenced to life in prison without parole.) Veteran stage and screen actor Jason Robards died in Bridgeport, Connecticut, at age 78.

In 2003, An earthquake struck the historic Iranian city of Bam, killing at least 26,000 people. Three snowboarders were killed in an avalanche in Provo Canyon, Utah.
In 2004, more than 230,000 people, mostly in southern Asia, were killed by a 100-foot-high tsunami triggered by a 9.1-magnitude earthquake beneath the Indian Ocean.
In 2006, former President Gerald R. Ford died in Rancho Mirage, California, at age 93.

Good morning Tony and Dean.
morning Dave.

heading out.

Ten years ago: A 23-year-old Nigerian man, Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab (OO’-mahr fah-ROOK’ ahb-DOOL’-moo-TAH’-lahb), who claimed to have ties to al-Qaida, was charged with trying to destroy a Detroit-bound airliner on Christmas Day. Buddhist monks chanted on white-sanded beaches in Thailand and thousands prayed at mosques in Indonesia to mark the fifth anniversary of the Asian tsunami. Percy Sutton, the pioneering civil rights attorney who represented Malcolm X before launching successful careers as a political power broker and media mogul, died in New York at 89.

Five years ago: Mourners gathered to mark the 10th anniversary of the Indian Ocean tsunami. Russia identified NATO as the nation’s No. 1 military threat under a new military doctrine signed by President Vladimir Putin. James B. Edwards, South Carolina’s first Republican governor since Reconstruction and later energy secretary for two years in the Reagan administration, died at age 87.

One year ago: President Donald Trump made an unannounced trip to Iraq to meet with U.S. troops, landing at an airbase west of Baghdad after dark for a visit that lasted around three and a half hours. The Dow industrials posted their biggest-ever single-day point gain, surging more than 1,000 points higher; the market remained on track for its worst December since 1931. Serena Williams was voted The Associated Press Female Athlete of the Year for the fifth time, capping a year in which she reached the finals at Wimbledon and the U.S. Open after a remarkable return to tennis. Japan announced that it was leaving the International Whaling Commission in order to resume commercial whale hunts for the first time in 30 years, but said it would no longer go to the Antarctic for annual killings that had been harshly criticized.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3