CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: 12/21/2019  (Read 4055 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 12/21/2019
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2019, 08:21:39 AM »

At least we get to page 2...

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2019, 08:22:15 AM »

seldom does a list come out that I know what they are talking about. usually I will have had one or two on the list. I need the top 10 cigars under $5 list.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2019, 08:23:10 AM »

good morning Dave. glad you made it home safe. did you have a great time?
I just arrived back in NJ....12 1/2 hours on the road?  Not really what I would call a great time.
did you drive straight through?

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2019, 08:23:58 AM »

Morning Dean...thought I was going to have to fill the whole page myself.
'tis the season' I guess.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2019, 08:26:24 AM »

NASCAR legend Junior Johnson dead at 88.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2019, 08:36:30 AM »

At least we get to page 2...
that could be it for the day.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2019, 08:47:40 AM »

A Villager’s grown son reportedly attempted shoplifting in Florida’s Friendliest Hometown “to see if he could get away with it.”

William Donald Najger, 56, who lives with his mother at 270 Arbella Loop, was spotted shortly before 2 p.m. Wednesday wearing a brown pair of khaki shorts at Belk at La Plaza Grande, according to an arrest report from the Lady Lake Police Department.

A loss prevention officer noticed Najger when he walked into the store wearing a pair of gray shorts. Najger selected the darker khaki shorts, put them on in a fitting room and attempted to walk out of the store wearing them. Najger had returned a hanger to the rack after leaving the fitting room and a check revealed he “left his old, dirty shorts” behind on the hanger, the arresting officer wrote in the report.
The officer noted that Najger “even took the time to take the tag off the stolen shorts and put them on his old shorts he put on a hanger and hung back on the rack.”

The police officer also noted the irony in the report that the stolen shorts cost $12 and Najger, who apparently splits his time between Florida and North Carolina, “had more money on his person than the shorts cost and could have easily paid for the shorts he stole.”

Najger admitted he attempted to steal the shorts “to see if he could get away with it.”

Najger has been ordered to appear Jan. 2 in Lake County Court to answer to the shoplifting charge.

His mother has owned her home in The Villages for 10 years.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2019, 08:48:45 AM »

A 62-year-old Villager was arrested at his home on the Historic Side of The Villages after failing to show up in court to answer in a golf cart drunk driving case.

John Privitera was arrested Tuesday at his home at 1206 E. Schwartz Blvd. on a Sumter County warrant charging him with failure to appear on a charge of driving under the influence. He was booked at the Lake County Jail and released after posting $3,000 bond.

Privitera was originally arrested Nov. 17 along the golf cart path near Buena Vista Boulevard and Odell Circle, according to an arrest report from the Sumter County Sheriff’s Office.

Privitera was spotted by a Good Samaritan who feared he was ill. Privitera told the woman he was OK and just had “too much to drink,” the report said. He told her he “just wanted to lay down in the bushes for a while and rest.” EMS arrived on the scene and evaluated Privitera.

A deputy responded to the scene and found the key was still in the ignition of Privitera’s red 2009 Club Car golf cart.

The Massachusetts native told the deputy he had breakfast at Bob Evans that morning but had nothing else to eat the rest of the day. He said he spent the day at the Mallory Championship Golf Course and had one vodka martini while golfing.

Privitera struggled through field sobriety exercises and when asked to recite the alphabet, he threw his hands up in the air and said, “I can’t do it!” He provided breath samples that registered .135 and .133 blood alcohol content.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2019, 09:09:24 AM »

I just arrived back in NJ....12 1/2 hours on the road?  Not really what I would call a great time.
did you drive straight through?
Indeed I did.  Want it over and done.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2019, 09:13:51 AM »

A 62-year-old Villager was arrested at his home on the Historic Side of The Villages after failing to show up in court to answer in a golf cart drunk driving case.

John Privitera was arrested Tuesday at his home at 1206 E. Schwartz Blvd. on a Sumter County warrant charging him with failure to appear on a charge of driving under the influence. He was booked at the Lake County Jail and released after posting $3,000 bond.

Privitera was originally arrested Nov. 17 along the golf cart path near Buena Vista Boulevard and Odell Circle, according to an arrest report from the Sumter County Sheriff’s Office.

Privitera was spotted by a Good Samaritan who feared he was ill. Privitera told the woman he was OK and just had “too much to drink,” the report said. He told her he “just wanted to lay down in the bushes for a while and rest.” EMS arrived on the scene and evaluated Privitera.

A deputy responded to the scene and found the key was still in the ignition of Privitera’s red 2009 Club Car golf cart.

The Massachusetts native told the deputy he had breakfast at Bob Evans that morning but had nothing else to eat the rest of the day. He said he spent the day at the Mallory Championship Golf Course and had one vodka martini while golfing.

Privitera struggled through field sobriety exercises and when asked to recite the alphabet, he threw his hands up in the air and said, “I can’t do it!” He provided breath samples that registered .135 and .133 blood alcohol content.
Must have been one martini pitcher.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2019, 09:15:10 AM »

Couple of unwelcome delays during travel yesterday, but made it in good order and in time for dinner!
Glad to hear it. Good morning, Dave.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2019, 09:17:52 AM »

If you don't want to bother with the silly Cigar Aficionado top 25, here are some lists of cigars you might actually try and like:

http://www.stogieguys.com/2019/12/12182019-stogieguys-coms-top-cigars-of-2019-part-ii.html

http://www.stogieguys.com/2019/12/12162019-stogieguys-coms-top-cigars-of-2019.html

Nice to have a list of cigars you would want to smoke or have already smoked.
Been so busy, I forgot about the lists that come out this time of year.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2019, 09:19:55 AM »

Guess there's room for $150 lighters...

https://halfwheel.com/colibri-quasar-table-lighter/369083/
That's pretty cool looking. I recently used my kitchen torch to light a cigar and it cost me far less. Works well on creme brulee too.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2019, 09:20:20 AM »

Good morning, Deano.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2019, 09:21:19 AM »

seldom does a list come out that I know what they are talking about. usually I will have had one or two on the list. I need the top 10 cigars under $5 list.
You should create it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4