Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

1978, San Francisco got its first female mayor as City Supervisor Dianne Feinstein (FYN'-styn) was named to replace the assassinated George Moscone (mahs-KOH'-nee).
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

1980, the bodies of four American churchwomen slain in El Salvador two days earlier were unearthed. (Five Salvadoran national guardsmen were later convicted of murdering nuns Ita Ford, Maura Clarke and Dorothy Kazel, and lay worker Jean Donovan.)
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

1991, Associated Press correspondent Terry Anderson, the longest held of the Western hostages in Lebanon, was released after nearly seven years in captivity.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

In 1996, the Mars Pathfinder lifted off from Cape Canaveral and began speeding toward the red planet on a 310 million-mile odyssey. (It arrived on Mars in July 1997.)
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Ten years ago: President George W. Bush received the president of Pakistan, Gen. Pervez Musharraf, in the Oval Office; afterward, Bush pronounced himself "very pleased" with Pakistan's efforts to flush out terrorists.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Five years ago: President Barack Obama began putting the finishing touches on a fresh job creation proposal, telling a community college crowd in Allentown, Pennsylvania, "I still consider one job lost one job too many." Gunmen and a suicide bomber attacked a mosque in a military installation in Rawalpindi, Pakistan, killing 35. Paula Hawkins, a Republican who in 1980 became the first woman elected to a full U.S. Senate term without a family political connection, died in Orlando, Florida, at age 82.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

One year ago: A senior commander in the militant group Hezbollah, Hassan al-Laqis, was shot dead outside his home in Lebanon, the latest in a series of attacks against the Iranian-backed organization, which accused Israel of the attack. Oscar De La Hoya was selected for induction into the International Boxing Hall of Fame; two of his contemporaries in the modern era — Puerto Rican star Felix "Tito" Trinidad and Joe Calzaghe of Wales — were also selected.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Today's Birthdays: Actor-comedian Ronnie Corbett (TV: "The Two Ronnies") is 84. Game show host Wink Martindale is 81. Pop singer Freddy Cannon is 78. Actor-producer Max Baer Jr. is 77. Actress Gemma Jones is 72. Rock musician Bob Mosley (Moby Grape) is 72. Singer-musician Chris Hillman is 70. Musician Terry Woods (The Pogues) is 67. Rock singer Southside Johnny Lyon is 66. Actor Jeff Bridges is 65. Rock musician Gary Rossington (Lynyrd Skynyrd; the Rossington Collins Band) is 63. Actress Patricia Wettig is 63. Actor Tony Todd is 60. Jazz singer Cassandra Wilson is 59. Country musician Brian Prout (Diamond Rio) is 59. Rock musician Bob Griffin (The BoDeans) is 55. Rock singer Vinnie Dombroski (Sponge) is 52. Actress Marisa Tomei is 50. Actress Chelsea Noble is 50. Actor-comedian Fred Armisen is 48. Rapper Jay-Z is 45. Actor Kevin Sussman is 44. Actress-model Tyra Banks is 41. Country singer Lila McCann is 33. Actress Lindsay Felton is 30. Actor Orlando Brown is 27.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Thought for Today: "A person reveals his character by nothing so clearly as the joke he resents." — Georg Christoph
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

-----------------------
In the Bathroom
-------------------------

A Sunday School teacher of preschoolers was concerned that his students
might be a little confused about Jesus Christ because of the Christmas
season emphasis on His birth. He wanted to make sure they understood that
the birth of Jesus occurred a long time ago, that He grew up, etc. So he
asked his class, "Where is Jesus today?"

Steven raised his hand and said, "He's in heaven."

Mary was called on and answered, "He's in my heart."

Little Johnny, waving his hand furiously, blurted out, "I know! I know! He's
in our bathroom!!!"

The whole class got very quiet, looked at the teacher, and waited for a
response. The teacher was completely at a loss for a few very long seconds.
He finally gathered his wits and asked Little Johnny how he knew this.

And Little Johnny said, "Well...every morning, my father gets up, bangs on
the bathroom door, and yells 'Jesus Christ, are you still in there?'!"

Morning LSU.
Logged

dwgbryant

good morning Chip and Dave. heading out to the gulf to see if I can see the Mars Test Probe launch. probably won't have service.

good morning Chip and Dave. heading out to the gulf to see if I can see the Mars Test Probe launch. probably won't have service.
Morning Dean,  I am headed out to San Antonio and Houston in about 30 minutes.  Enjoy the launch.

Foggy as hell here this morning.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!