Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Better?

That's actually very cool. I thought we were looking at some art deco moulding and now I see that it's a vent.
Thanks.  I'm going to add some crown molding soon, real soon...
Hmmmm

Better?

That's actually very cool. I thought we were looking at some art deco moulding and now I see that it's a vent.
Thanks.  I'm going to add some crown molding soon, real soon...
Hmmmm
I think that is how my next sleep study is going to go

Evening Doomsayer.

How goes it Fishy?
Hello David! Been a strange run here for the last 3 months, in September we found out that JLL lost the Merck account after 9 years of stellar performance. Some serious political shit must have gone wrong here, regardless the new company (Sodexo) came in and just last week offered me my same position with them so it's been a tough few months.

GFY Bean!!
Ouch. That's nuts. Good that they want to keep you though. Did JLL also offer to keep you?
They want to but we're a 65 person crew here and they simply don't have another account to send everybody to, they're a service provider but HR just requested my resume' so who knows. Crazy part is that I get a significant raise from the new company
That's a win / win!
Indeed, could have gone much worse, stressful run.

For Dean - I keep my same job, same site just different company on the paycheck
and more money! GREAT.
Not to be a DebbieDowner, but figuring the new outfit got the contract in part because they proposed lower costs it's possible they gave raises but will layoff a good portion of the work force. Those remaining earn more than before but become responsible for more work.  Damn Corporate Greed!
That does sound about right.
Been through all of those scenarios, Merck is dictating terms and knows they need us. Sodexo admitted it would cost them more to bring in someone with equal talent and train them for this site. Move was also about diversity, Magic Johnson is part owner
So when are you going to meet the new boss?

[...]

"Sodexo is a French food services and facilities management company headquartered in the Paris suburb of Issy-les-Moulineaux." Better learn to parlez-vous some français if you want to effectively kiss-ass.
Or French kiss ass as the case may be.

Better?

That's actually very cool. I thought we were looking at some art deco moulding and now I see that it's a vent.
You know he doesn't do mouldings.

Well, that was an enjoyable  catch up!  😁
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]