Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

  • Administrator
11/9/2019
« on: November 09, 2019, 12:00:02 AM »

Brrr it's cold out. Going to check the boilers

Brrr it's cold out. Going to check the boilers
I could use the extra help today Mr Bean lol it's open house.

Brrr it's cold out. Going to check the boilers
Got 'em all up and running again?

Brrr it's cold out. Going to check the boilers
Little chilly here as well....bit of frost on the ground.

Today is Saturday, Nov. 9, the 313th day of 2019.

Today’s Highlight in History:
On Nov. 9, 1938, Nazis looted and burned synagogues as well as Jewish-owned stores and houses in Germany and Austria in a pogrom or deliberate persecution that became known as “Kristallnacht.”

On this date:
In 1620, the passengers and crew of the Mayflower sighted Cape Cod.
In 1918, it was announced that Germany’s Kaiser Wilhelm II would abdicate; he then fled to the Netherlands.
In 1961, U.S. Air Force Maj. Robert M. White became the first pilot to fly an X-15 rocket plane at six times the speed of sound. The Beatles’ future manager, Brian Epstein, first saw the group perform at The Cavern Club in Liverpool, England.
In 1965, the great Northeast blackout began as a series of power failures lasting up to 13 1/2 hours left 30 million people in seven states and part of Canada without electricity.
In 1967, a Saturn V rocket carrying an unmanned Apollo spacecraft blasted off from Cape Kennedy on a successful test flight.
In 1970, former French President Charles de Gaulle died at age 79.
In 1976, the U.N. General Assembly approved resolutions condemning apartheid in South Africa, including one characterizing the white-ruled government as “illegitimate.”
In 1986, Israel revealed it was holding Mordechai Vanunu, a former nuclear technician who’d vanished after providing information to a British newspaper about Israel’s nuclear weapons program. (Vanunu was convicted of treason and served 18 years in prison.)
In 1989, communist East Germany threw open its borders, allowing citizens to travel freely to the West; joyous Germans danced atop the Berlin Wall.
In 1999, with fireworks, concerts and a huge party at the landmark Brandenburg Gate, Germany celebrated the 10th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall.
In 2000, George W. Bush’s lead over Al Gore in all-or-nothing Florida slipped beneath 300 votes in a suspense-filled recount, as Democrats threw the presidential election to the courts, claiming “an injustice unparalleled in our history.”
In 2007, President Gen. Pervez Musharraf (pur-VEHZ’ moo-SHAH’-ruhv) of Pakistan placed opposition leader Benazir Bhutto (BEN’-uh-zeer BOO’-toh) under house arrest for a day, and rounded up thousands of her supporters to block a mass rally against his emergency rule.
In 2008: Barack Obama’s transition chief, John Podesta, told Fox News Sunday the president-elect planned to review President George W. Bush’s executive orders on such things as stem cell research and domestic drilling for oil and natural gas. China unveiled a $586 billion stimulus package aimed at inoculating the world’s fourth-largest economy against the global financial crisis.
In 2011, after 46 seasons as Penn State’s head football coach and a record 409 victories, Joe Paterno was fired along with the university president, Graham Spanier, over their handling of child sex abuse allegations against former assistant coach Jerry Sandusky.

Ten years ago: The Dow Jones industrial average rose 203.52, or 2 percent, to 10,226.94, its highest finish since Oct. 3, 2008, as a falling dollar boosted prices for gold, oil and other commodities. Germany celebrated the 20th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall.

Five years ago: The citizens of Berlin released almost 7,000 balloons into the night sky, many carrying messages of hope to mark the 25th anniversary since the fall of the wall that had once divided their city.

One year ago: President Donald Trump issued an order to deny asylum to migrants who enter the country illegally; a divided Supreme Court in December said the administration could not begin enforcing the ban. Trump arrived in Paris for events marking the 100th anniversary of the armistice that ended World War I; he immediately took a poke at his French host by tweeting that President Emmanuel Macron had made an “insulting” proposal to build up Europe’s military. A federal judge blocked a permit for construction of the Keystone XL oil pipeline from Canada and ordered officials to conduct a new environmental review; President Trump later issued a new permit for the project, a move that was challenged in court.

Today’s Birthdays:

Baseball Hall of Famer Whitey Herzog is 88.
Baseball Hall of Famer Bob Gibson is 84.
Actor Charlie Robinson is 74.
Movie director Bille August is 71.
Actor Robert David Hall is 71.
Actor Lou Ferrigno is 68.
Sen. Sherrod Brown, D-Ohio, is 67.
Gospel singer Donnie McClurkin is 60.
Rock musician Dee Plakas (L7) is 59.
Actress Ion Overman is 50.
Rapper Pepa (Salt-N-Pepa) is 50.
Rapper Scarface (Geto Boys) is 49.
Blues singer Susan Tedeschi (teh-DEHS’-kee) is 49.
Actor Jason Antoon is 48.
Actor Eric Dane is 47.
Singer Nick Lachey (98 Degrees) is 46.
Country musician Barry Knox (Parmalee) is 42.
Rhythm-and-blues singer Sisqo (Dru Hill) is 41.
Country singer Corey Smith is 40.
Country singer Chris Lane is 35.
Actress Emily Tyra is 32.
Actress Nikki Blonsky is 31.
Actress-model Analeigh (AH’-nuh-lee) Tipton is 31.

Thought for Today: “We must be free not because we claim freedom, but because we practice it.” [–] William Faulkner, American author (1897-1962).

Brrr it's cold out. Going to check the boilers
Got 'em all up and running again?
Yeah all up and running. Looks like it may be a quiet day here though

Brrr it's cold out. Going to check the boilers
Winter's already here, for sure. Sheesh.

Brrr it's cold out. Going to check the boilers
I could use the extra help today Mr Bean lol it's open house.
Many of my daughter's friends are checking out colleges this weekend. I may have dropped the ball on that one.

Mr. Beans Irish face Duke and Clemson is at NCState tonight.

Starting the day with a Breakfast in Portugal.

On this date:

In 1989, communist East Germany threw open its borders, allowing citizens to travel freely to the West; joyous Germans danced atop the Berlin Wall...

A colleague recently went to Berlin and brought me back a piece of the wall.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5