Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Kids are off from school tomorrow and Friday so I'm planning to take Friday off too and make a nice long weekend of it.
Off from school?  WTF, Thanksgiving is three weeks away.
It's a Jersey thing. First Thursday and Friday of November is always Teacher's Convention in Atlantic City. In places like Disney World it's known as Jersey Week. Especially because they also get half day for election day. So parents will often take their kids out of school the other 2.5 days and make a week of it. Much smaller lines than Thanksgiving.
In other words teachers need extra time off to party.  Got it.
and they're underpaid.

Damn committee put Clemson at #5.  Surprised they didn't put ND ahead of us, sheesh.
Luckily this will autocorrect in the coming weeks.
Good motivation though, Dabo will have a field day.
I wonder how many "points" separate the top five from each other.
Lot of football left to play.  Doesn't mean much more than preseason rankings.
With that said, no question that based on play to date, Ohio State and LSU are 1-2.  Penn State's offense has been suspect and they've had some close ones.  Bama's strength of schedule is as bad as Clemson's....but they're Bama and SEC, so...

Kids are off from school tomorrow and Friday so I'm planning to take Friday off too and make a nice long weekend of it.
Off from school?  WTF, Thanksgiving is three weeks away.
It's a Jersey thing. First Thursday and Friday of November is always Teacher's Convention in Atlantic City. In places like Disney World it's known as Jersey Week. Especially because they also get half day for election day. So parents will often take their kids out of school the other 2.5 days and make a week of it. Much smaller lines than Thanksgiving.
In other words teachers need extra time off to party.  Got it.
and they're underpaid.
A lot of other States do suck as far as teachers salaries.  NJ is not one of them.

Morning BoilerRick, 9IronDean, EarlyRiserBean, WinterIsComingDave and LongWeekendTony.
Good morning Dave. News says I will need my snow brush in the morning Ugh!

Morning BoilerRick, 9IronDean, EarlyRiserBean, WinterIsComingDave and LongWeekendTony.
Good morning Dave. News says I will need my snow brush in the morning Ugh!
hmmm, mid 80's here tomorrow. I do not miss NY.

Morning BoilerRick, 9IronDean, EarlyRiserBean, WinterIsComingDave and LongWeekendTony.
Good morning Dave. News says I will need my snow brush in the morning Ugh!
Something a bit more substantial next week.

Kids are off from school tomorrow and Friday so I'm planning to take Friday off too and make a nice long weekend of it.
Off from school?  WTF, Thanksgiving is three weeks away.
It's a Jersey thing. First Thursday and Friday of November is always Teacher's Convention in Atlantic City. In places like Disney World it's known as Jersey Week. Especially because they also get half day for election day. So parents will often take their kids out of school the other 2.5 days and make a week of it. Much smaller lines than Thanksgiving.
In other words teachers need extra time off to party.  Got it.
and they're underpaid.
I agree. I sure couldn't do the job for what they get paid. 6 hours a day dealing with kids? Why the heck do you think we're so eager to get rid of them when they turn 5? Sooner if possible.

Morning BoilerRick, 9IronDean, EarlyRiserBean, WinterIsComingDave and LongWeekendTony.
Good morning Dave. News says I will need my snow brush in the morning Ugh!
We're expecting a bit of it too. Had to fish out the winter coats this morning from the basement. Haven't worn it yet though.

Morning, muchachos.

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter

Vacation selections

Vacation selections
Some fine choices there.

Morning BoilerRick, 9IronDean, EarlyRiserBean, WinterIsComingDave and LongWeekendTony.
Good morning Dave. News says I will need my snow brush in the morning Ugh!
We're expecting a bit of it too. Had to fish out the winter coats this morning from the basement. Haven't worn it yet though.
and I had to find different flip flops, shorts, and tee shirts. oh my!

Morning BoilerRick, 9IronDean, EarlyRiserBean, WinterIsComingDave and LongWeekendTony.
Good morning Dave. News says I will need my snow brush in the morning Ugh!
We're expecting a bit of it too. Had to fish out the winter coats this morning from the basement. Haven't worn it yet though.
and I had to find different flip flops, shorts, and tee shirts. oh my!
Did you find one of these while you were looking?

Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6