Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2019, 07:42:21 AM »

Ten years ago: President Barack Obama declared the swine flu outbreak a national emergency, giving his health chief the power to let hospitals move emergency rooms offsite to speed treatment and protect non-infected patients. Bank closings for 2009 surpassed 100, hitting 106 by day's end. The NBA and the referees union agreed on a two-year contract, ending a lockout of more than a month. Character actor Lou Jacobi died in New York at age 95.

Five years ago: Officials announced that an emergency room doctor who'd recently returned to New York City after treating Ebola patients in West Africa tested positive for the virus, becoming the first case in the city and the fourth in the nation. (Dr. Craig Spencer later recovered.) John "Bull" Bramlett, a former professional football and baseball player who was nicknamed the "Meanest Man in Football," died in Memphis, Tennessee, at age 73.

One year ago: Turkey's president demanded that Saudi Arabia identify those who ordered the murder of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi in the Saudi Consulate in Istanbul and turn over the suspects for trial. A lottery ticket sold in South Carolina was the only one to match all six numbers drawn for the Mega Millions jackpot, which totaled $1.537 billion - just short of the record for all U.S. lotteries. China opened the world's longest sea-crossing bridge, a 34-mile span connecting Hong Kong to the mainland. Sandra Day O'Connor, the first woman to serve on the U.S. Supreme Court, announced that she had been diagnosed with "the beginning stages of dementia, probably Alzheimer's disease."

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2019, 07:46:35 AM »

Today's Birthdays:
Movie director Philip Kaufman is 83.
Soccer great Pele (pay-lay) is 79.
-and-blues singer Barbara Ann Hawkins (The Dixie Cups) is 76.
Former ABC News investigative reporter Brian Ross is 71.
Actor Michael Rupert is 68.
Movie director Ang Lee is 65.
Jazz singer Dianne Reeves is 63.
Country singer Dwight Yoakam is 63.
Community activist Martin Luther King III is 62.
Movie director Sam Raimi is 60.
Parodist "Weird Al" Yankovic is 60.
Rock musician Robert Trujillo (Metallica) is 55.
Christian/jazz singer David Thomas (Take 6) is 53.
Rock musician Brian Nevin (Big Head Todd and the Monsters) is 53.
Country singer-musician Junior Bryant is 51.
Actor Jon Huertas is 50.
Movie director Chris Weitz is 50.
CNN medical reporter Dr. Sanjay Gupta is 50.
Bluegrass musician Eric Gibson (The Gibson Brothers) is 49.
Country singer Jimmy Wayne is 47.
Actress Vivian Bang is 46
Rock musician Eric Bass (Shinedown) is 45.
TV personality and host Cat Deeley is 43.
Actor Ryan Reynolds is 43.
Actress Saycon Sengbloh is 42.
Rock singer Matthew Shultz (Cage the Elephant) is 36.
 TV personality Meghan McCain ("The View") is 35.
Rhythm-and-blues singer Miguel is 34.
Actress Masiela Lusha (MAH'-see-el-la loo-SHA') is 34.
Actress Emilia Clarke is 33.
Briana Evigan is 33.
Inbar Lavi is 33
Actress Jessica Stroup is 33.
Neo-soul musician Allen Branstetter (St. Paul & the Broken Bones) is 29.
Actress Taylor Spreitler is 26.
Actress Margaret Qualley is 25.
Actress Amandla Stenberg is 21.

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2019, 07:46:58 AM »

Morning Rick, Tony, Dave and Mr. Dean.
Good morning Mr. Dave.

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2019, 07:47:52 AM »

Thought for Today: "Just be yourself — it's the only way it can work." — Johnny Carson (1925-2005).

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2019, 08:05:25 AM »

Laranja Reserva Volta 5 Pack
Pack of 5 Natural 6 1/2 x 48

Shape:ToroStrength:Full
Country:NicaraguaWrapper:Natural
Size:6 1/2 x 48Flavor:
MSRP:$57.50

Famous: $49.99
56% off!
$21.98

Pretty good deal at the monster - >$4Ea if you buy 15 cigars

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2019, 08:15:04 AM »

Laranja Reserva Volta 5 Pack
Pack of 5 Natural 6 1/2 x 48

Shape:ToroStrength:Full
Country:NicaraguaWrapper:Natural
Size:6 1/2 x 48Flavor:
MSRP:$57.50

Morning Fishy, good selection indeed.
Famous: $49.99
56% off!
$21.98

Pretty good deal at the monster - >$4Ea if you buy 15 cigars

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2019, 08:16:10 AM »

Got to get ready to head t the airport.  Got to transport the booze, cigars and some other stuff too.

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2019, 08:19:32 AM »

Got to get ready to head t the airport.  Got to transport the booze, cigars and some other stuff too.
You can drop them off at my house if the car is too packed.

« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2019, 08:22:52 AM »

Got to get ready to head t the airport.  Got to transport the booze, cigars and some other stuff too.
Safe travels, DualResidenceDave.

« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2019, 09:40:15 AM »

Laranja Reserva Volta 5 Pack
Pack of 5 Natural 6 1/2 x 48

Shape:ToroStrength:Full
Country:NicaraguaWrapper:Natural
Size:6 1/2 x 48Flavor:
MSRP:$57.50

Famous: $49.99
56% off!
$21.98

Pretty good deal at the monster - >$4Ea if you buy 15 cigars
The monster has been favorable lately. Especially if you have a coupon code

« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2019, 09:47:59 AM »

Laranja Reserva Volta 5 Pack
Pack of 5 Natural 6 1/2 x 48

Shape:ToroStrength:Full
Country:NicaraguaWrapper:Natural
Size:6 1/2 x 48Flavor:
MSRP:$57.50

Famous: $49.99
56% off!
$21.98

Pretty good deal at the monster - >$4Ea if you buy 15 cigars
The monster has been favorable lately. Especially if you have a coupon code
We'll complain anyway.

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2019, 09:55:53 AM »

Morning, muchachos.

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2019, 09:55:57 AM »

Laranja Reserva Volta 5 Pack
Pack of 5 Natural 6 1/2 x 48

Shape:ToroStrength:Full
Country:NicaraguaWrapper:Natural
Size:6 1/2 x 48Flavor:
MSRP:$57.50

Famous: $49.99
56% off!
$21.98

Pretty good deal at the monster - >$4Ea if you buy 15 cigars
The monster has been favorable lately. Especially if you have a coupon code
We'll complain anyway.
That's kinda our jam.

« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2019, 10:15:31 AM »

Laranja Reserva Volta 5 Pack
Pack of 5 Natural 6 1/2 x 48

Shape:ToroStrength:Full
Country:NicaraguaWrapper:Natural
Size:6 1/2 x 48Flavor:
MSRP:$57.50

Famous: $49.99
56% off!
$21.98

Pretty good deal at the monster - >$4Ea if you buy 15 cigars
The monster has been favorable lately. Especially if you have a coupon code
We'll complain anyway.
That's kinda our jam.
Goes with the demographic.

« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2019, 10:34:17 AM »

good morning guys.
dentists are definitely NOT my favorite doctors. right up there with Proctologists.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4