Pages: [1] 2 3 4

  • Administrator
10/23/2019
« on: October 23, 2019, 12:00:53 AM »

Any hump day deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2019, 05:34:35 AM »

Happy day of humping, y'all !

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2019, 05:35:56 AM »

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2019, 06:02:06 AM »

Happy day of humping, y'all !
Same to you, Mayor Hump!

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2019, 06:03:53 AM »

Happy day of humping, y'all !
Go Nat's
Not sure I care either way. I was a bit jealous at the way they took care of business early in the game.

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2019, 06:04:16 AM »

Happy day of humping, y'all !
Same to you, Mayor Hump!
Good morning, Rick and LTG.

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2019, 06:24:14 AM »

7:30am dental appointment. 😣

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2019, 06:30:39 AM »

7:30am dental appointment.
I need to make one too. Good luck.

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2019, 06:47:14 AM »

7:30am dental appointment.
I need to make one too. Good luck.
poor planning on my part.

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2019, 07:16:52 AM »

Good morning Mayor Hump, LTG, and Dean. Training new dude today and tomorrow.

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2019, 07:17:50 AM »

7:30am dental appointment.
I need to make one too. Good luck.
poor planning on my part.
For sure. Should never have appts on Golf Day.

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2019, 07:18:53 AM »

Happy day of humping, y'all !
Go Nat's
Not sure I care either way. I was a bit jealous at the way they took care of business early in the game.
I just can't root for the Astros. I was flipping between the hockey and baseball game. My Sabres are off to a great start.

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2019, 07:38:32 AM »

Happy day of humping, y'all !
Go Nat's
Not sure I care either way. I was a bit jealous at the way they took care of business early in the game.
I just can't root for the Astros. I was flipping between the hockey and baseball game. My Sabres are off to a great start.
I had It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown on, followed by the Pelicans/Raptors.

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2019, 07:38:40 AM »

Morning Rick, Tony, Dave and Mr. Dean.

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2019, 07:41:30 AM »

Today is Wednesday, Oct. 23, the 296th day of 2019. There are 69 days left in the year.

Today's Highlight in History:
On Oct. 23, 1973, President Richard Nixon agreed to turn over White House tape recordings subpoenaed by the Watergate special prosecutor to Judge John J. Sirica.

On this date:
In 1707, the first Parliament of Great Britain, created by the Acts of Union between England and Scotland, held its first meeting.
In 1910, Blanche S. Scott became the first woman to make a public solo airplane flight, reaching an altitude of 12 feet at a park in Fort Wayne, Ind.
In 1915, tens of thousands of women paraded up Fifth Avenue in New York City, demanding the right to vote.
In 1925, talk show host Johnny Carson was born in Corning, Iowa.
In 1944, the World War II Battle of Leyte (LAY'-tee) Gulf began, resulting in a major Allied victory against Japanese forces.
In 1956, a student-sparked revolt against Hungary's Communist rule began; as the revolution spread, Soviet forces started entering the country, and the uprising was put down within weeks.
In 1983, 241 U.S. service members, most of them Marines, were killed in a suicide truck-bombing at Beirut International Airport in Lebanon; a near-simultaneous attack on French forces killed 58 paratroopers.
In 1984, BBC Television reported on the famine in Ethiopia; the story, which shocked viewers, prompted rock star Bob Geldof to organize "Band Aid," a group of celebrities who recorded the song "Do They Know It's Christmas?" for charity.
In 1987, the U.S. Senate rejected, 58-42, the Supreme Court nomination of Robert H. Bork.
In 1995, a jury in Houston convicted Yolanda Saldivar of murdering Tejano singing star Selena. (Saldivar is serving a life prison sentence.)
In 2001, the nation's anthrax scare hit the White House with the discovery of a small concentration of spores at an offsite mail processing center.
In 2006, former Enron CEO Jeffrey Skilling was sentenced by a federal judge in Houston to 24 years, four months for his role in the company's collapse. Eventually 10 years was cut off Skilling's prison sentence, and he was released to a halfway house in Aug. 2018.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4