Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2019, 07:13:38 AM »

Ten years ago: The International Olympic Committee, meeting in Copenhagen, chose Rio de Janeiro to be the site of the 2016 Summer Olympics; Chicago was eliminated in the first round, despite a last-minute in-person appeal by President Barack Obama. A man accused of stalking ESPN reporter Erin Andrews and secretly videotaping her inside her hotel room was arrested at Chicago's O'Hare International Airport. (Michael David Barrett later pleaded guilty to interstate stalking and was sentenced to 2 1/2 years in federal prison.)

Five years ago: President Barack Obama acknowledged his pivotal role in the midterm political campaign, arguing in a speech at Northwestern University that the November congressional elections were a referendum on his economic policies and blaming Republicans for blocking his efforts to boost wages and create more jobs. Hong Kong's embattled leader, Chief Executive Leung Chun-ying, refused demands by pro-democracy protesters to step down.

One year ago: President Donald Trump ignited a crowd at a campaign rally in Mississippi by mocking Christine Blasey Ford over her claim that she had been sexually assaulted by Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh decades ago; Trump also said it's a "very scary time for young men in America" who could be considered guilty based on an accusation. The New York Times reported that Trump had received at least $413 million from his father over the decades, much of it through dubious tax dodges including outright fraud; a lawyer for Trump told the Times that there was no "fraud or tax evasion." Amazon announced a minimum wage of $15 an hour for its U.S. employees. (Some longtime workers said the higher pay wouldn't make up for benefits they were losing.)

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2019, 07:17:35 AM »

Today's Birthdays:

Retired MLB All-Star Maury Wills is 87.
Movie critic Rex Reed is 81.
Singer-songwriter Don McLean is 74.
Cajun/country singer Jo-el Sonnier is 73.
Actor Avery Brooks is 71.
Fashion designer Donna Karan is 71.
Photographer Annie Leibovitz is 70.
Rock musician Mike Rutherford (Genesis, Mike & the Mechanics) is 69.
Singer-actor Sting is 68.
Actress Robin Riker is 67.
Actress Lorraine Bracco is 65.
Country musician Greg Jennings (Restless Heart) is 65.
Rock singer Phil Oakey (The Human League) is 64.
Rhythm-and-blues singer Freddie Jackson is 63.
Singer-producer Robbie Nevil is 61.
Retro-soul singer James Hunter is 57.
Former NFL quarterback Mark Rypien is 57.
Rock musician Bud Gaugh (Sublime, Eyes Adrift) is 52.
Folk-country singer Gillian Welch is 52.
Country singer Kelly Willis is 51.
Actor Joey Slotnick is 51.
Rhythm-and-blues singer Dion Allen (Az Yet) is 49.
Actress-talk show host Kelly Ripa (TV: "Live with Kelly and Ryan") is 49.
Rock musician Jim Root (AKA #4 Slipknot) is 48.
Singer Tiffany is 48.
Rock singer Lene Nystrom is 46.
Actor Efren Ramirez is 46.
Rhythm-and-blues singer LaTocha Scott (Xscape) is 46.
Gospel singer Mandisa (TV: "American Idol") is 43.
Actress Brianna Brown is 40.
Rock musician Mike Rodden (Hinder) is 37.
 Tennis player Marion Bartoli is 35.
Actor Christopher Larkin is 32.
Rock singer Brittany Howard (Alabama Shakes) is 31.
 Actress Samantha Barks is 29.
Actress Elizabeth McLaughlin is 26.

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2019, 07:18:17 AM »

Thought for Today: "There's one way to find out if a man is honest — ask him. If he says 'yes' you know he is a crook." — Groucho Marx (1890-1977).

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2019, 07:19:34 AM »

EPC first to start the day.
Good morning guys. I gave Butch one of those yesterday. He loved it.

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2019, 07:21:05 AM »

EPC first to start the day.
Is that a tiger paw in the middle of the road?
Indeed it is.  They are on a number of highways leading into town as well.  I'll try to remember to get a picture later.
Man, they really love their Frosted Flakes in that area.
Yea, something like that.

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2019, 07:29:37 AM »

EPC first to start the day.
Is that a tiger paw in the middle of the road?
Indeed it is.  They are on a number of highways leading into town as well.  I'll try to remember to get a picture later.
Man, they really love their Frosted Flakes in that area.
Yea, something like that.
Who doesn't love Frosted Flakes? Now I'm hungry.

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2019, 07:53:22 AM »

EPC first to start the day.
Is that a tiger paw in the middle of the road?
Indeed it is.  They are on a number of highways leading into town as well.  I'll try to remember to get a picture later.
Man, they really love their Frosted Flakes in that area.
Yea, something like that.
Who doesn't love Frosted Flakes? Now I'm hungry.
Surprise, surprise!

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2019, 07:59:04 AM »

yay! it's Golf Day and Taco Wednesday.

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2019, 08:01:56 AM »

good morning boys, dialisys yesterday, Physical Therapy today, busy busy...

« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2019, 08:16:57 AM »

good morning Daves, Tony, Rick, and flip.

« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2019, 08:29:35 AM »

Morning PutterDean and OnTheMendFlip.

« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2019, 09:08:10 AM »

The best of AJ Fernandez's on the Page.

« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2019, 09:24:01 AM »

Good morning, Dean and Flip. There is a joke in there somewhere.

« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2019, 09:25:04 AM »

I saw something funny on the net. Post Malone's reaction to getting flashed

« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2019, 09:26:42 AM »

EPC first to start the day.
Good morning guys. I gave Butch one of those yesterday. He loved it.
I assume you went golfing? How'd that go?
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7