Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Thought for Today: "Pity the meek, for they shall inherit the earth." — Don Marquis, American journalist-author (1878-1937).

Morning PosterBoyDean, FriendlySkiesBean, WishfulThinkingDave and WithTheProgramTony.
morning Dave.

Rolled the dice and booked American for this trip. Mistake. Back to the gate with a maintenance issue.  F'kn loser airline at war with their union.  Customers can GFT.

Actress Linda Hamilton is 63?
tough broad there.

Thought for Today: "Pity the meek, for they shall inherit the earth." — Don Marquis, American journalist-author (1878-1937).
all this time I thought AOC coined that phrase.

Rolled the dice and booked American for this trip. Mistake. Back to the gate with a maintenance issue.  F'kn loser airline at war with their union.  Customers can GFT.
oops.
better than difficulties in the air.

“But when fall comes, kicking summer out on its treacherous ass as it always does one day sometime after the midpoint of September, it stays awhile like an old friend that you have missed. It settles in the way an old friend will settle into your favorite chair and take out his pipe and light it and then fill the afternoon with stories of places he has been and things he has done since last he saw you.”
― Stephen King, 'Salem's Lot

“At no other time (than autumn) does the earth let itself be inhaled in one smell, the ripe earth; in a smell that is in no way inferior to the smell of the sea, bitter where it borders on taste, and more honeysweet where you feel it touching the first sounds. Containing depth within itself, darkness, something of the grave almost.”
― Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters on Cézanne

“[T]hat old September feeling, left over from school days, of summer passing, vacation nearly done, obligations gathering, books and football in the air ... Another fall, another turned page: there was something of jubilee in that annual autumnal beginning, as if last year's mistakes had been wiped clean by summer.”
― Wallace Stegner, Angle of Repose

“That time of year thou mayst in me behold
When yellow leaves, or none, or few, do hang
Upon those boughs which shake against the cold,
Bare ruin'd choirs, where late the sweet birds sang.
In me thou seest the twilight of such day
As after sunset fadeth in the west,
Which by and by black night doth take away,
Death's second self, that seals up all in rest.
In me thou see'st the glowing of such fire
That on the ashes of his youth doth lie,
As the death-bed whereon it must expire
Consumed with that which it was nourish'd by.
This thou perceivest, which makes thy love more strong,
To love that well which thou must leave ere long.”
― William Shakespeare, Sonnets

“Give me juicy autumnal fruit, ripe and red from the orchard."

[Give me the splendid silent sun]”
― Walt Whitman, The Complete Poems

Rolled the dice and booked American for this trip. Mistake. Back to the gate with a maintenance issue.  F'kn loser airline at war with their union.  Customers can GFT.
oops.
better than difficulties in the air.
Smoking a Gurkha is better than having it shoved up your ass.  What's your point?

Rolled the dice and booked American for this trip. Mistake. Back to the gate with a maintenance issue.  F'kn loser airline at war with their union.  Customers can GFT.
oops.
better than difficulties in the air.
Ain't that the truth.

Rolled the dice and booked American for this trip. Mistake. Back to the gate with a maintenance issue.  F'kn loser airline at war with their union.  Customers can GFT.
oops.
better than difficulties in the air.
Smoking a Gurkha is better than having it shoved up your ass.  What's your point?
DeboardingMark is cranky.  ;D

Rolled the dice and booked American for this trip. Mistake. Back to the gate with a maintenance issue.  F'kn loser airline at war with their union.  Customers can GFT.
oops.
better than difficulties in the air.
Smoking a Gurkha is better than having it shoved up your ass.  What's your point?
DeboardingMark is cranky.  ;D
And 30 minutes later maintenance has finally arrived. Must have stopped off for a coffee and donut.  FMTT

Rolled the dice and booked American for this trip. Mistake. Back to the gate with a maintenance issue.  F'kn loser airline at war with their union.  Customers can GFT.
oops.
better than difficulties in the air.
Smoking a Gurkha is better than having it shoved up your ass.  What's your point?
I'd rather drive than either option.

Rolled the dice and booked American for this trip. Mistake. Back to the gate with a maintenance issue.  F'kn loser airline at war with their union.  Customers can GFT.
oops.
better than difficulties in the air.
Smoking a Gurkha is better than having it shoved up your ass.  What's your point?
DeboardingMark is cranky.  ;D
F'kn A yeah.  F'kers have lost control of their f'kn business.  At this rate I'll be renting a car in Dallas and driving the rest of the way to Austin.  Otherwise these losers probably won't get me home until tomorrow.

Looks like I'm driving home from Dallas as the f'kers can't get me back to Austin until 7:30 pm.  Enjoy the rest of your day,  boys.

Looks like I'm driving home from Dallas as the f'kers can't get me back to Austin until 7:30 pm.  Enjoy the rest of your day,  boys.
Oof. Sorry, LongWayRoundMark.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8