CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: 9/3/2019  (Read 4959 times)

CigarBanter

• Administrator
  • Senior Status
9/3/2019
« on: September 03, 2019, 12:00:03 AM »

It's Tuesday again! In between insults we'll occasionally discuss cigars.  Join in and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!!

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Click the globe below to see my top rated cigars.
    • Click my web link to see my list of top rated cigars...
Re: 9/3/2019
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2019, 12:13:17 AM »

I'm doing more window shopping than buying. How do you decide on what cigars to buy? There's many within my price range but I like so many different varieties. Connecticut, Maduro, habano. Sounds like a personal problem?.....lol

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2019, 12:33:25 AM »

I'm doing more window shopping than buying. How do you decide on what cigars to buy? There's many within my price range but I like so many different varieties. Connecticut, Maduro, habano. Sounds like a personal problem?.....lol
What I often do is search for a blender that I like and then see what is offered across different lines.  For example, I've enjoyed AJ Fernandez and EP Carrillo and Matt Booth (Room 101).  They have their own lines and also blend for other product lines.  With EPC, I like a lot of their lines, some more than others (trial and error, but rarely a bad one).  EPC also blends Southern Draw along with many others. The "T" blended by AJF, Matt Booth and Caldwell.  Another starting point is tobacco sourcing.  I generally like Aganorsa tobaccos used with Illusione as well as Warped.  That might be a good starting point for you.  How's that for a start.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2019, 12:46:31 AM »

What I often do is search for a blender that I like and then see what is offered across different lines.  For example, I've enjoyed AJ Fernandez and EP Carrillo and Matt Booth (Room 101).  They have their own lines and also blend for other product lines.  With EPC, I like a lot of their lines, some more than others (trial and error, but rarely a bad one).  EPC also blends Southern Draw along with many others. The "T" blended by AJF, Matt Booth and Caldwell.  Another starting point is tobacco sourcing.  I generally like Aganorsa tobaccos used with Illusione as well as Warped.  That might be a good starting point for you.  How's that for a start.
I'm impressed. It almost resembles cigar banter.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2019, 05:00:16 AM »

Morning Slackers

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2019, 05:06:08 AM »

Final storm prep day here.  Not too much left to do, biggest job is securing the balcony furniture, etc.

Storm eye remains stationary over Grand Bahama Island, terrible situation for those poor Island people that mostly had little to nothing to begin with.

For us the Track moved a little further off shore this morning, every mile further from the coast helps!

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2019, 05:08:24 AM »

Your after midnight expectations are obviously quite low🙄

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2019, 05:16:34 AM »

Yes I had my expectations low on the responses and he knocked it out of the park.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2019, 06:05:06 AM »

Happy Monday Tuesday!

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2019, 06:30:02 AM »

good morning and GFY.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2019, 06:46:09 AM »

Final storm prep day here.  Not too much left to do, biggest job is securing the balcony furniture, etc.

Storm eye remains stationary over Grand Bahama Island, terrible situation for those poor Island people that mostly had little to nothing to begin with.

For us the Track moved a little further off shore this morning, every mile further from the coast helps!
you can come down and stay with me.

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2019, 06:57:10 AM »

Happy Monday Tuesday!
Good morning fellers

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2019, 06:58:56 AM »

Short Story and coffee here.

FloridaDean