Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: 9/2/2019 - Labor Day  (Read 4455 times)

Re: 9/2/2019 - Labor Day

Ten years ago: Pfizer agreed to pay a record $2.3 billion settlement for illegal drug promotion. A Taliban suicide bomber attacked officials leaving a mosque in Afghanistan, killing the country's deputy intelligence chief and 23 others. Gunmen killed 17 people at a drug rehabilitation center in Ciudad Juarez (SEE'-yoo-dahd wahr-EHZ'), Mexico. A magnitude-7.0 earthquake rocked Indonesia, killing dozens of people.

Five years ago: Islamic State group extremists released a video showing the beheading of American journalist Steven Sotloff, and warned President Barack Obama against further U.S. airstrikes on the group. Apple said that hackers had obtained nude photos of actress Jennifer Lawrence and other female celebrities by pilfering images from individual accounts rather than through a broader attack on the company's services.

One year ago: Sen. John McCain was laid to rest on a grassy hill at the U.S. Naval Academy, after a horse-drawn caisson carrying the senator's casket led a procession of mourners from the academy's chapel to its cemetery. A huge fire engulfed Brazil's 200-year-old National Museum in Rio de Janeiro, as firefighters and museum workers raced to save historical relics.

Re: 9/2/2019 - Labor Day

Today's Birthdays:

Dancer-actress Marge Champion is 100.
Former Sen. Alan K. Simpson, R-Wyo., is 88.
Former United States Olympic Committee Chairman Peter Ueberroth is 82.
Actor Derek Fowlds (TV: "Yes, Minister"; "Yes, Prime Minister") is 82.
Singer Jimmy Clanton is 81.
Rhythm-and-blues singer Sam Gooden (The Impressions) is 80.
Rhythm-and-blues singer Rosalind Ashford (Martha & the Vandellas) is 76.
Singer Joe Simon is 76.
Pro and College Football Hall of Famer Terry Bradshaw is 71.
Basketball Hall of Famer Nate Archibald is 71.
Actor Mark Harmon is 68.
Former Sen. Jim DeMint, R-S.C., is 68.
International Tennis Hall of Famer Jimmy Connors is 67.
Actress Linda Purl is 64.
Rock musician Jerry Augustyniak (10,000 Maniacs) is 61.
Country musician Paul Deakin (The Mavericks) is 60.
Pro Football Hall of Famer Eric Dickerson is 59.
Actor Keanu Reeves is 55.
International Boxing Hall of Famer Lennox Lewis is 54.
Actress Salma Hayek is 53.
Actor Tuc Watkins is 53.
Actress Kristen Cloke is 51.
Actress Cynthia Watros is 51.
Rhythm-and-blues singer K-Ci is 50.
Actor-comedian Katt Williams is 46.
Actor Michael Lombardi is 45.
Actress Tiffany Hines is 42.
Rock musician Sam Rivers (Limp Bizkit) is 42.
Actor Jonathan Kite is 40.
Actor Joshua Henry is 35.
Actress Allison Miller is 34.
Rock musician Spencer Smith is 32.
Electronic music DJ/producer Zedd is 30.

Re: 9/2/2019 - Labor Day

Thought for Today: "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." — Margaret Mead, American anthropologist (1901-1978).

Re: 9/2/2019 - Labor Day

Sam Leccia White Ready for
I'd be surprised that you would like that.
I bought a couple of sampler boxes several years ago at a bargain basement deal  and Actually I think they are pretty good mild Morning Smokes.  Not all that fond of the Sam Leccia Black Cigars but they are smokable.

Edit:  the draw and burn on this cigar are outstanding, very nice construction
I'm probably confusing it with the black. One of those was very perfumey.
Black had the pipe tobacco thing happening...

Re: 9/2/2019 - Labor Day

Morning Labor Day BoTL. Rosa de Guadalupe while catching up in the man cave.

Re: 9/2/2019 - Labor Day

Morning Labor Day BoTL. Rosa de Guadalupe while catching up in the man cave.

Not supposed to be laborin' on Labor Day.  Good Day Mr. Bean.

Re: 9/2/2019 - Labor Day

Morning Labor Day BoTL. Rosa de Guadalupe while catching up in the man cave.

Not supposed to be laborin' on Labor Day.  Good Day Mr. Bean.
Yeah, but I'm screwed tomorrow if I don't.  Didn't see the Clemson game but nice win to start the season.  TX A&M may give you more trouble.

Re: 9/2/2019 - Labor Day

Morning round of storms through, now suns out to cook up a batch for this afternoon. Either way, all good with a Farce Maddie.

Re: 9/2/2019 - Labor Day

Very nice buy @ the Monster for Connie Fans!

https://www.cigarmonster.com/?showApp=false
You can still get a box for around 60 bucks if you catch em right

Re: 9/2/2019 - Labor Day

Ok banter read and I'm caught up now. Now to have lunch and hold down second shift duty. See you in a bit.

Re: 9/2/2019 - Labor Day

Ok banter read and I'm caught up now. Now to have lunch and hold down second shift duty. See you in a bit.
Afternoon, Rick.  I've been on vaca so perhaps not up to date on the strike situation. If you're going to work then I figure that didn't happen. Hope you guys got some satisfaction.

Re: 9/2/2019 - Labor Day

The annual Labor Day parade in South Plainfield, New Jersey, was canceled after homemade explosives were found near the parade route

Re: 9/2/2019 - Labor Day

Ok banter read and I'm caught up now. Now to have lunch and hold down second shift duty. See you in a bit.
So are you going to accept the offer or going on strike?

Re: 9/2/2019 - Labor Day

Ok banter read and I'm caught up now. Now to have lunch and hold down second shift duty. See you in a bit.
So are you going to accept the offer or going on strike?
Strike vote passed and the board countered with a 3 year and 2 percent each year. I know there is more on the table but there are to many near retirement to push the board for more. Contract vote is Wednesday

Re: 9/2/2019 - Labor Day

I walked into a shit storm at work. All the rain water from last night has some areas under water still. City sewer is backed up and good luck getting anyone on a holiday. Fun fun
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5