Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: 9/2/2019 - Labor Day  (Read 4454 times)

Re: 9/2/2019 - Labor Day

Sam Leccia White Ready for 🔥

Re: 9/2/2019 - Labor Day

And a sheesh, for good measure.
This Hurricane BullShit is annoying and stressful so here is a General Purpose 7 Day GFY FOR EVERYONE!
Much appreciated.

Re: 9/2/2019 - Labor Day

Sam Leccia White Ready for
I'd be surprised that you would like that.

Re: 9/2/2019 - Labor Day

Sam Leccia White Ready for
I'd be surprised that you would like that.
I bought a couple of sampler boxes several years ago at a bargain basement deal  and Actually I think they are pretty good mild Morning Smokes.  Not all that fond of the Sam Leccia Black Cigars but they are smokable.

Edit:  the draw and burn on this cigar are outstanding, very nice construction

Re: 9/2/2019 - Labor Day

Wow!

HORROR IN CALIFORNIA: At least 34 people have been killed after a boat caught fire off Santa Cruz Island. 5 people were rescued. The U.S. Coast Guard said earlier it was coordinating a large rescue effort Monday in response .

The vessel was reported to be named "Conception". This is a 75 foot diving vessel owned by Truth Aquatics out of Santa Barbara. According to their website, the vessel was on a 3 day dive to the Northern Channel Islands

Re: 9/2/2019 - Labor Day

Very nice buy @ the Monster for Connie Fans!

https://www.cigarmonster.com/?showApp=false

Re: 9/2/2019 - Labor Day

Happy Labor Day.
no laboring for me.
You, UpStateDave and I have Labor Waivers😀
good thing because I don't feel like doing much today. may go out and pick up a steak or two, some corn, and a few taters.
or maybe just some overall shopping.
I just got back from my last minute shopping, did my Hurricane shopping Friday except I of course forgot a few things.  Walmart was quite calm and other than bread was well stocked.  Even had a lot bottle water but they were out of the Walmart cheap stuff.  Gasoline was readily available this morning at my Walmart and even at their price of $2.09.
hit WinnDixie early myself to get my regular share of groceries. no crowds. bought donuts to take to the old trailer park. nice visiting mother and daughter.
going to build my own tacos for lunch.

Re: 9/2/2019 - Labor Day

Morning Slackers, wake up it’s time to do some Labor!
No, that's not the way it's supposed to work...

Re: 9/2/2019 - Labor Day

Dorian just keeps on changing, now starting to look like we might have to evacuate. Sheesh!
you still have your reservation?
Morning Dean’O, yes I have reservations starting Wednesday.
Thought you had mandatory evac. today?

Re: 9/2/2019 - Labor Day

Morning Slackers, wake up it’s time to do some Labor!
No, that's not the way it's supposed to work...
You sir are a very slow learner at this retirement game!😂

Re: 9/2/2019 - Labor Day

Good thing party was yesterday, rainy one today.

Re: 9/2/2019 - Labor Day

Dorian just keeps on changing, now starting to look like we might have to evacuate. Sheesh!
you still have your reservation?
Morning Dean’O, yes I have reservations starting Wednesday.
Thought you had mandatory evac. today?
In the Evacuations World “Mandatory” does not really mean “Mandatory”, it really means “Suggesting Evacuations “

Re: 9/2/2019 - Labor Day

Morning Slackers, wake up it’s time to do some Labor!
No, that's not the way it's supposed to work...
You sir are a very slow learner at this retirement game!😂
Not really in effect till after the move.

Re: 9/2/2019 - Labor Day

Sam Leccia White Ready for
I'd be surprised that you would like that.
I bought a couple of sampler boxes several years ago at a bargain basement deal  and Actually I think they are pretty good mild Morning Smokes.  Not all that fond of the Sam Leccia Black Cigars but they are smokable.

Edit:  the draw and burn on this cigar are outstanding, very nice construction
I'm probably confusing it with the black. One of those was very perfumey.

Re: 9/2/2019 - Labor Day

Today is Monday, Sept. 2, the 245th day of 2019. There are 120 days left in the year.

Today's Highlight in History:
On Sept. 2, 1969, in what some regard as the birth of the Internet, two connected computers at the University of California, Los Angeles, passed test data through a 15-foot cable. The first automatic teller machine (ATM) to utilize magnetic-striped cards was opened to the public at Chemical Bank in New York. (Called a "Docuteller," it was developed by Donald C. Wetzel.)

On this date:
In 1864, during the Civil War, Union Gen. William T. Sherman's forces occupied Atlanta.
In 1930, the first nonstop airplane flight from Europe to the U.S. was completed in 37 hours as Capt. Dieudonne Costes and Maurice Bellonte of France arrived in Valley Stream, New York, aboard their Breguet 19 biplane, which bore the symbol of a large question mark.
In 1945, Japan formally surrendered in ceremonies aboard the USS Missouri in Tokyo Bay, ending World War II.
In 1958, President Dwight D. Eisenhower signed the National Defense Education Act, which provided aid to public and private education to promote learning in such fields as math and science.
In 1960, Wilma Rudolph of the United States won the first of her three gold medals at the Rome Summer Olympics as she finished the 100-meter dash in 11 seconds.
In 1963, Alabama Gov. George C. Wallace prevented the integration of Tuskegee High School by encircling the building with state troopers. "The CBS Evening News" with Walter Cronkite was lengthened from 15 to 30 minutes, becoming network television's first half-hour nightly newscast.
In 1998, a Swissair MD-11 jetliner crashed off Nova Scotia, killing all 229 people aboard.
In 2001, actor Troy Donahue, a one-time teen movie idol, died in Santa Monica, Calif., at age 65.
In 2003, a federal appeals court in San Francisco threw out more than 100 death sentences in Arizona, Montana and Idaho because the inmates had been sent to death row by judges instead of juries.
In 2004, President George W. Bush pledged "a safer world and a more hopeful America" as he accepted his party's nomination for a second term at the Republican National Convention in New York.
In 2005, a National Guard convoy packed with food, water and medicine rolled into New Orleans four days after Hurricane Katrina. Scorched by criticism about sluggish federal help, President George W. Bush toured the Gulf Coast and met with state and local officials, including New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin; at one point, Bush praised FEMA Director Michael Brown, telling him, "Brownie, you're doing a heck of a job."
In 2013, on her fifth try, U.S. endurance swimmer Diana Nyad became the first person to swim from Cuba to Florida without the help of a shark cage.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5