Pages: 1 [2] 3

Ten years ago: Vermont's law allowing same-sex marriage went into effect. Poland held ceremonies marking the 70th anniversary of the start of World War II. Death claimed award-winning conductor Erich Kunzel at age 74 and Wycliffe Johnson, a major figure in Jamaican music, at age 47.

Five years ago: President Barack Obama, addressing a union crowd in Milwaukee, renewed his push for Congress to raise the minimum wage in a buoyant accounting of the economy's "revving" performance. The U.N.'s top human rights body overwhelmingly approved the Iraqi government's request for an investigation into alleged crimes against civilians committed by the Islamic State group in its rampage across northeastern Syria and parts of Iraq. Cole Hamels and three Philadelphia Phillies relievers combined to pitch a no-hitter, the fourth of the season, beating the Atlanta Braves 7-0.

One year ago: At a nearly three-hour memorial service for the late Arizona Republican Sen. John McCain in Washington, McCain's daughter and two former presidents led a public rebuke of President Donald Trump's divisive politics and called for a return to civility among the nation's leaders.

Morning InThePathSCDave, ResolutionRick and GetYaNextTimeDean.
Morning UpStateDave, I glad you know where the path is because the NHC sure as hell doesn’t!

They are starting to shy away from that turn north in the Bahamas, next 12 hours are going to be interesting.
Just like I said, This is a little post just put out from a commercial Hurricane forecast:

Mike's Weather

Too many overnight models inched west not to have Hurricane Watches up for east Florida IMO....

Today's Birthdays:

Actor George Maharis is 91.
Conductor Seiji Ozawa (SAY'-jee oh-ZAH'-wah) is 84.
Attorney and law professor Alan Dershowitz is 81.
Comedian-actress Lily Tomlin is 80.
Actor Don Stroud is 76.
Conductor Leonard Slatkin is 75.
Singer Archie Bell is 75.
Singer Barry Gibb is 73.
Rock musician Greg Errico is 71.
Talk show host Dr. Phil McGraw is 69.
Singer Gloria Estefan is 62.
Former White House Press Secretary Dee Dee Myers is 58.
Jazz musician Boney James is 58.
Singer-musician Grant Lee Phillips (Grant Lee Buffalo) is 56.
Country singer-songwriter Charlie Robison is 55.
Retired NBA All-Star Tim Hardaway is 53.
Rap DJ Spigg Nice (Lost Boyz) is 49.
Actor Ricardo Antonio Chavira is 48.
Actor Maury Sterling is 48.
Rock singer JD Fortune is 46.
Actor Scott Speedman is 44.
Country singer Angaleena Presley (Pistol Annies) is 43.
Actor Boyd Holbrook is 38.
Actress Zoe Lister-Jones is 37.
Rock musician Joe Trohman is 35.
Actress Aisling (ASH'-ling) Loftus is 29.

Thought for Today: "There is little that can withstand a man who can conquer himself." — King Louis XIV (1638-1715).

Morning InThePathSCDave, ResolutionRick and GetYaNextTimeDean.
good morning Dave. good to see you back to mostly normal.

Party day today, so prep time begins after this cigar and coffee.
ditto.
time to get ready and try and find a couple of pounds of potato salad.

NJDave sorry to hear you had a set back. No one likes hospitals. Wishing you the best

Any good cigar buys out there?

NJDave sorry to hear you had a set back. No one likes hospitals. Wishing you the best
Thank you sir. Wanted to jump on it early before it got bad like last year.

Seen a decent price on Camacho Connecticut at the page. Hmm?

L'Atelier Travailleur Fired Up

F’n Banter won’t post my picture

Dorian Wind Speed Upgraded as pressure continues to drop, will soon bring major devastation to Marsh Harbor in Abaco, Bahamas

9:30 AM EDT Sun Sep 1
Location: 26.5°N 76.6°W
Moving: W at 8 mph
Min pressure: 922 mb
Max sustained: 175 mph

Hurricane Flight Report:  the NE eyewall of #Dorian just measured a surface wind of 202 mph. Dropsonde measurements are instantaneous, so this is likely a gust, but still...

Any good cigar buys out there?
You might check the 900 Labor Day Specials at The Page😂

Seen a decent price on Camacho Connecticut at the page. Hmm?
At my least favorite place Famous (Monster) and not most folks favorite Vitola and I don’t know if a great deal or not but:  5/$25 FS
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3