Pages: [1] 2 3

  • Administrator
9/1/2019
« on: September 01, 2019, 12:45:02 AM »

Morning Woodie Whackers

Good morning Dave. How is the banter? Everyone doing ok?

Good morning Dave. How is the banter? Everyone doing ok?
Morning Boiler Striker, just monitoring the hurricane here.

How are you?

Good morning Dave. How is the banter? Everyone doing ok?
I think everyone is as ok as possible with this small bunch.  NJ Dave has been in the hospital for a few days but he is out and seems to be doing ok now.

good morning Dave and Rick.

good morning Dave and Rick.
Morning Dean’O

storm?
what storm?
"panic mongers all of them."

I hope everyone is well. My absence has been due to just so much going on. I will perserver. It just feels like life is moving 100 mph

The strike vote passed and the board offered us a 3 year contract which will probably get passed because workforce is older and many are near the finish line. I myself know there's more there but your only strong in numbers

Morning InThePathSCDave, ResolutionRick and GetYaNextTimeDean.

Party day today, so prep time begins after this cigar and coffee.

Morning InThePathSCDave, ResolutionRick and GetYaNextTimeDean.
Morning UpStateDave, I glad you know where the path is because the NHC sure as hell doesn’t!

They are starting to shy away from that turn north in the Bahamas, next 12 hours are going to be interesting.

Yikes....September already!

Today is Sunday, Sept. 1, the 244th day of 2019. There are 121 days left in the year.

Today's Highlight in History:
On September 1, 1939, World War II began as Nazi Germany invaded Poland.

On this date:
In 1715, following a reign of 72 years, King Louis XIV of France died four days before his 77th birthday.
In 1807, former Vice President Aaron Burr was found not guilty of treason. (Burr was then tried on a misdemeanor charge, but was again acquitted.)
In 1923, the Japanese cities of Tokyo and Yokohama were devastated by an earthquake that claimed some 140,000 lives.
In 1942, U.S. District Court Judge Martin I. Welsh, ruling from Sacramento, Calif., on a lawsuit brought by the American Civil Liberties Union on behalf of Fred Korematsu, upheld the wartime detention of Japanese-Americans as well as Japanese nationals.
In 1945, Americans received word of Japan's formal surrender that ended World War II. (Because of the time difference, it was Sept. 2 in Tokyo Bay, where the ceremony took place.)
In 1961, the Soviet Union ended a moratorium on atomic testing with an above-ground nuclear explosion in central Asia. A TWA Lockheed Constellation crashed shortly after takeoff from Chicago's Midway Airport, killing all 78 people on board.
In 1969, a coup in Libya brought Moammar Gadhafi to power.
In 1972, American Bobby Fischer won the international chess crown in Reykjavik (RAY'-kyuh-vik), Iceland, as Boris Spassky of the Soviet Union resigned before the resumption of Game 21. An arson fire at the Blue Bird Cafe in Montreal, Canada, claimed 37 lives.
In 1983, 269 people were killed when a Korean Air Lines Boeing 747 was shot down by a Soviet jet fighter after the airliner entered Soviet airspace.
In 1985, a U.S.-French expedition located the wreckage of the Titanic on the floor of the Atlantic Ocean roughly 400 miles off Newfoundland.
In 2004, more than 1,000 people were taken hostage by heavily armed Chechen militants at a school in Beslan in southern Russia; more than 330 people, more than half of them children, were killed in the three-day ordeal.
In 2005, New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin issued a "desperate SOS" as his city descended into anarchy amid the flooding left by Hurricane Katrina.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3