CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: 8/31/2019  (Read 3637 times)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
Re: 8/31/2019
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2019, 10:51:28 AM »

Morning BullseyeDave, AlwaysVigilantDean and DazedandConfusedTony.
Morning UpStateDave

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2019, 11:15:49 AM »

I can deal with this scenario, from AccuWeather which is usually a pretty reliable forecast.
works for me too.
got a picnic planned for tomorrow, pot luck Tuesday if Emergency Operations don't take over our meeting hall, workshop next Saturday.
I am expecting at least 3-5 major track adjustments before landfall.
I have a feeling it'll never hit land.
Certainly a possibility
I'm ready.
Ready for the storm or are you entertaining tonight?
storm.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2019, 11:17:07 AM »

quite the post whoring there Dave.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2019, 11:18:08 AM »

Excuse me while I have an OH SHIT Moment at 3:30 in the morning.

Woke up and saw the new track so quickly got busy making some hotel reservations in Columbia.
In a month or so, there will be complimentary BOTL lodging at the White Whale Inn II.
there's a thought.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2019, 11:20:01 AM »

I can deal with this scenario, from AccuWeather which is usually a pretty reliable forecast.
works for me too.
got a picnic planned for tomorrow, pot luck Tuesday if Emergency Operations don't take over our meeting hall, workshop next Saturday.
I am expecting at least 3-5 major track adjustments before landfall.
I have a feeling it'll never hit land.
Certainly a possibility
I'm ready.
Ready for the storm or are you entertaining tonight?
storm.
I got plenty of Brown Whiskey 🥃 , Snack Mix and Cigars so I am ready.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2019, 11:21:00 AM »

Excuse me while I have an OH SHIT Moment at 3:30 in the morning.

Woke up and saw the new track so quickly got busy making some hotel reservations in Columbia.
In a month or so, there will be complimentary BOTL lodging at the White Whale Inn II.
there's a thought.
And he can’t be much more than 15 minutes off  I-85

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2019, 01:13:09 PM »

We got out this morning and picked up a few supplies with no problem, but the only panic buying I saw was for propane refills at Costco.  Costco sells it for almost half price and there was a line of 20-25 people, most of them had 2 tanks and a few had 3.

Normally there is never more than one person there.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2019, 02:40:00 PM »

sauce simmering for ravioli tonight.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2019, 02:53:45 PM »

sauce simmering for ravioli tonight.
Wings here tonight, grilling them.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2019, 03:04:41 PM »

CLE Plus Ready for 🔥

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2019, 03:37:09 PM »

A Florida Hurricane News Comment

All hurricane updates to this point were sponsored by Home Depot, Publix, Zephyrhills Water, & every gas station in the state of Florida. Why can’t all the weather and news channels be a little more honest in their predictions from the beginning instead of creating unnecessary panic? It was obvious that they pretty much knew this was not coming to our area by the way they added a very small addendum to every over the top warning and new update by adding “however, the path is still uncertain”. Why not just report the hurricane news with added info on the “likelihood” of the hurricane making actual landfall in your area.... the “entire state of Florida “ in the cone was ridiculous and created undue fear.
Yes, we should all prepare and then be able to make other decisions (leaving, etc) based on reasonable likelihood.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2019, 04:50:21 PM »

All hurricane updates to this point were sponsored by Home Depot, Publix, Zephyrhills Water, & every gas station in the state of Florida. Why can’t all the weather and news channels be a little more honest in their predictions from the beginning instead of creating unnecessary panic? It was obvious that they pretty much knew this was not coming to our area by the way they added a very small addendum to every over the top warning and new update by adding “however, the path is still uncertain”. Why not just report the hurricane news with added info on the “likelihood” of the hurricane making actual landfall in your area.... the “entire state of Florida “ in the cone was ridiculous and created undue fear.
Yes, we should all prepare and then be able to make other decisions (leaving, etc) based on reasonable likelihood.
fake news.
where's your news source?

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2019, 04:54:57 PM »

fake news.
My Highly Reliable News Source Is As Always GFY

tcarblu

• Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2019, 05:12:47 PM »

fake news.
and don't forget the Weather Channel. Good afternoon Dave and Dean.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #59 on: August 31, 2019, 05:56:36 PM »

fake news.
and don't forget the Weather Channel. Good afternoon Dave and Dean.
Afternoon TCarB, I have already declared the Weather Channel a Public Nuisance and ordered it shut down.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5