CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: 8/22/2019  (Read 7370 times)

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
Re: 8/22/2019
« Reply #75 on: August 22, 2019, 09:59:06 AM »

Morning, muchachos.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #76 on: August 22, 2019, 09:59:37 AM »

local rant of the day:

although I've only lived in the Nature Coast area for 5 years, the complaints about flooding from heavy rains and hurricanes has been consistant year after year. I too live in an area in the immediate flood plane a few feet above water level and realize that when it comes to drainage, water really has no place to go when the gulf and rivers rise. I hear people with VERY expensive homes closest to the rivers complain of damage and insist that FEMA take care of them because they choose not to pay the high price for flood insurance. I hear them complain about the local towns about the untimely delay to repair bridges, culverts, roads, ditches, water and sewer, etc. and back off when they realize what the tax increase would be. they resist development of the rural area not to become the larger cities south of them yet demand they get the attention and services of those cities. there are no answers that come to mind that would satisfy everyone, or anyone. I love living in the area I do, floods, heat, hurricanes, whatever. I knew what I was getting into when I moved here. so other than complaining about other people complaining, I have nothing to complain about. in fact, I am blessed.
If there's one constant in the world, it's that people like to complain.
Getting philosophical in your 20K mature state!
Nah, just aware of everyone bitchin' all the time. Lol

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #77 on: August 22, 2019, 10:00:28 AM »

good guy wins.

Pasco County Sheriff Chris Nocco said around 6:50 p.m. a shootout took place following a domestic violence situation between two people in a home in Trinity.

Due to Marsy's Law, the names of those involved were not released to the public and addressed only as Victim 1, Victim 2 and suspect.

As Victim1 was inside the home was screaming for help, they were placing multiple elementary school children out of a second-floor window while a Victim 2 who was mowing their lawn helped bring the children to safety.

Sheriff Nocco said the Victim 2 took the children to safety. As the suspect came out of his home and pointed a gun at Victim 2 assisting the children.

Victim 2 attempted to diffuse the situation as the suspect pulled out his gun and fired at Victim 2. Victim 2, fired back at the suspect killing him at the scene.

"All indications here... victim 2 is a hero," Sheriff Nocco said.

All involved parties are accounted for and there is no threat to the public. No names will be released due to Marsy's Law.
Not crazy about the good guy getting the second shot instead of the first, but good work getting it done.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #78 on: August 22, 2019, 10:01:04 AM »

going to soak in the sun.
cigar lit, coffee poured.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #79 on: August 22, 2019, 10:01:33 AM »

good guy wins.

Pasco County Sheriff Chris Nocco said around 6:50 p.m. a shootout took place following a domestic violence situation between two people in a home in Trinity.

Due to Marsy's Law, the names of those involved were not released to the public and addressed only as Victim 1, Victim 2 and suspect.

As Victim1 was inside the home was screaming for help, they were placing multiple elementary school children out of a second-floor window while a Victim 2 who was mowing their lawn helped bring the children to safety.

Sheriff Nocco said the Victim 2 took the children to safety. As the suspect came out of his home and pointed a gun at Victim 2 assisting the children.

Victim 2 attempted to diffuse the situation as the suspect pulled out his gun and fired at Victim 2. Victim 2, fired back at the suspect killing him at the scene.

"All indications here... victim 2 is a hero," Sheriff Nocco said.

All involved parties are accounted for and there is no threat to the public. No names will be released due to Marsy's Law.
I have to know, did you cut and paste this from a news site or are you recounting?
LALTS
Well, does sound like a Deano scenario.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #80 on: August 22, 2019, 10:04:36 AM »

Thought for Today: "There are mighty few people who think what they think they think." — Robert Henri, American artist (1865-1929).
Yeah. I think.
You got another think comin'.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #81 on: August 22, 2019, 10:16:20 AM »

Could use a little sun to soak in here today. Rainy and on the chilly side. In fact, bit of a cold front coming through the next couple of days, only supposed to get up to the low 70s. 66 here right now.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #82 on: August 22, 2019, 10:17:24 AM »

Could use a little sun to soak in here today. Rainy and on the chilly side. In fact, bit of a cold front coming through the next couple of days, only supposed to get up to the low 70s. 66 here right now.
High of only 71 for golf day Saturday. And it'll be much cooler than that, since we're teeing off just after sunrise.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #83 on: August 22, 2019, 10:24:18 AM »

Time for the first of 2 meetings today. And nary a donut to be found, I'm guessing.

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Click the globe below to see my top rated cigars.
    • Click my web link to see my list of top rated cigars...
« Reply #84 on: August 22, 2019, 10:49:58 AM »

Good morning, Deano.
good morning Tony.
get your Tapaflap working?
Yep, for now.
That's the only way I follow. I'm working for now. Waiting on strike vote.

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #85 on: August 22, 2019, 10:53:31 AM »

At the Sister this morning

Room101 FARCE. Connecticut Robusto
$21.50 for a Pack of 5 FS

https://www.cigar.com/mobile/daily-cigar-deal/
You know I like me my Room 101's, but I really can't recommend that one.  Put it in the just another connie file.
I trust your assessment. My go to morning Connecticut is the oliva reserva Blanc robusto. At 3 bucks a stick do a box delivered after tax. Can't beat it

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #86 on: August 22, 2019, 10:58:21 AM »

Where is the strike threat boiler checker?
I'm curious to know the status too.
Union must've caught wind of the strike talk and are busy "convincing" him to vote the other way.
They tried bully tactics and it's ugly but no raise in 7 years says it all when enrollment is up. We want a minimum of 3 year contract and 2 percent each year. Not asking for much

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #87 on: August 22, 2019, 11:01:26 AM »

Where is the strike threat boiler checker?
I'm curious to know the status too.
with school starting he's probably too busy to strike.
That's are Ace in the hole. No engineers they have to shut the place down. Keep you posted.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #88 on: August 22, 2019, 11:13:49 AM »

WTF do they dream up chit like this?

MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. (WMBF) – A recent study has named Myrtle Beach the second most romantic city in America.

Dating website EliteSingles looked at random, anonymous data from 150,000 singles, focusing on how strongly people agreed with the statement “I bring romance to my relationships.” The more strongly people agreed with the statement, the more romantic they were deemed to be.

Using the average score for romance in each city, the study determined the top 25 cities to find a romantic partner, with Boynton Beach, Fla. taking home the top spot.

According to the study, about half of the top cities are located within ten miles of the sea. More than two-third are within an hour drive of a beach.
And you said that I needed something worthwhile to worry about?
It’s in my local news and where I live so even though it’s stupid it is to some degree relative unlike Pasco County to you.
My community is CigarBanter and it's where I get my news. Therefore, if it's posted here it is my concern. So right back atcha!
You are just sore because the bots are kicking your ass.
No joke. I deleted a bunch of IDs yesterday that I suspected belonged to bots. I have so much maintenance to do but no time to dedicate. It's been 5 years already. Sheesh.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #89 on: August 22, 2019, 11:14:33 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
Hola Raz. How are things?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8