Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

« Reply #60 on: August 22, 2019, 09:02:15 AM »

Where is the strike threat boiler checker?
I'm curious to know the status too.
Union must've caught wind of the strike talk and are busy "convincing" him to vote the other way.

« Reply #61 on: August 22, 2019, 09:02:27 AM »

WTF do they dream up chit like this?

MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. (WMBF) – A recent study has named Myrtle Beach the second most romantic city in America.

Dating website EliteSingles looked at random, anonymous data from 150,000 singles, focusing on how strongly people agreed with the statement “I bring romance to my relationships.” The more strongly people agreed with the statement, the more romantic they were deemed to be.

Using the average score for romance in each city, the study determined the top 25 cities to find a romantic partner, with Boynton Beach, Fla. taking home the top spot.

According to the study, about half of the top cities are located within ten miles of the sea. More than two-third are within an hour drive of a beach.

« Reply #62 on: August 22, 2019, 09:13:44 AM »

Where is the strike threat boiler checker?
I'm curious to know the status too.
with school starting he's probably too busy to strike.

« Reply #63 on: August 22, 2019, 09:17:23 AM »

« Reply #64 on: August 22, 2019, 09:18:12 AM »

WTF do they dream up chit like this?

MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. (WMBF) – A recent study has named Myrtle Beach the second most romantic city in America.

Dating website EliteSingles looked at random, anonymous data from 150,000 singles, focusing on how strongly people agreed with the statement “I bring romance to my relationships.” The more strongly people agreed with the statement, the more romantic they were deemed to be.

Using the average score for romance in each city, the study determined the top 25 cities to find a romantic partner, with Boynton Beach, Fla. taking home the top spot.

According to the study, about half of the top cities are located within ten miles of the sea. More than two-third are within an hour drive of a beach.
And you said that I needed something worthwhile to worry about?

« Reply #65 on: August 22, 2019, 09:30:15 AM »

local rant of the day:

although I've only lived in the Nature Coast area for 5 years, the complaints about flooding from heavy rains and hurricanes has been consistant year after year. I too live in an area in the immediate flood plane a few feet above water level and realize that when it comes to drainage, water really has no place to go when the gulf and rivers rise. I hear people with VERY expensive homes closest to the rivers complain of damage and insist that FEMA take care of them because they choose not to pay the high price for flood insurance. I hear them complain about the local towns about the untimely delay to repair bridges, culverts, roads, ditches, water and sewer, etc. and back off when they realize what the tax increase would be. they resist development of the rural area not to become the larger cities south of them yet demand they get the attention and services of those cities. there are no answers that come to mind that would satisfy everyone, or anyone. I love living in the area I do, floods, heat, hurricanes, whatever. I knew what I was getting into when I moved here. so other than complaining about other people complaining, I have nothing to complain about. in fact, I am blessed.

« Reply #66 on: August 22, 2019, 09:38:55 AM »

San Francisco board rebrands 'convicted felon' as 'justice-involved person,' sanitizes other crime lingo.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/politics/san-francisco-board-adopts-new-language-for-criminals-turning-convicted-felon-into-justice-involved-person.amp
Here's a few more for you:

blackwhite- The ability to accept whatever "truth" the party puts out, no matter how absurd it may be. Orwell described it as "...loyal willingness to say black is white when party discipline demands this. It also means the ability to believe that black is white, and more, to know black is white, and forget that one has ever believed the contrary."

doublethink - reality control. The power to hold two completely contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accept both of them

joycamp - Forced-labor camp.

goodthinker - One who strongly adheres to all of the principles of Newspeak. (goodthinked, goodthink, goodthinked, goodthinking, goodthinkful, goodthinking, goodthinkful, goodthinkwise, goodthinker )

malreported - When the Times reports a fact which the government later deemed untrue. You see, the government is never “wrong”; the paper merely reports the facts incorrectly.

Newspeak -  Newspeak is "politically correct" speech taken to its maximum extent. Newspeak is based on standard English, but all words describing "unorthodox" political ideas have been removed. In addition, there was an attempt to remove the overall number of words in general, to limit the range of ideas that could be expressed

oldthink - Holding on to old ideas and patterns of thought not consistent with current government policy (Ingsoc). Maintaining a belief that is no longer acceptable, but was normal just a few years prior.

Room 101 - The final punishment for thoughtcriminals in the Ministry of Love. [or some nice cigars]

Thinkpol - ThoughtPolice. Police force in charge of eliminating crimethink. The thought police monitor the public by way of spies (narcs), helicopters, and telescreens.

unperson - Person that has been erased from existence by the government for breaking the law in some way. A unperson is completely erased from history. All records of their existence is removed from record, and all party members are expected to removed them from memory. To mention their name is considered thoughtcrime. This eliminates any possibility of martyrdom.

...thanks George.

« Reply #67 on: August 22, 2019, 09:46:42 AM »

[...]

Probably my favorite book of all time. And lately, it's been moved to the Current Events shelf of the bookstore.  :o

« Reply #68 on: August 22, 2019, 09:47:08 AM »

[...]

If there's one constant in the world, it's that people like to complain.

« Reply #69 on: August 22, 2019, 09:48:31 AM »

WTF do they dream up chit like this?

MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. (WMBF) – A recent study has named Myrtle Beach the second most romantic city in America.

Dating website EliteSingles looked at random, anonymous data from 150,000 singles, focusing on how strongly people agreed with the statement “I bring romance to my relationships.” The more strongly people agreed with the statement, the more romantic they were deemed to be.

Using the average score for romance in each city, the study determined the top 25 cities to find a romantic partner, with Boynton Beach, Fla. taking home the top spot.

According to the study, about half of the top cities are located within ten miles of the sea. More than two-third are within an hour drive of a beach.
And you said that I needed something worthwhile to worry about?
It’s in my local news and where I live so even though it’s stupid it is to some degree relative unlike Pasco County to you.

« Reply #70 on: August 22, 2019, 09:49:09 AM »

[...]

Getting philosophical in your 20K mature state!

« Reply #71 on: August 22, 2019, 09:49:38 AM »

Time for some errands, later.

« Reply #72 on: August 22, 2019, 09:49:58 AM »

Maestro Del Tiempo Ready for 🔥

« Reply #73 on: August 22, 2019, 09:53:54 AM »

[...]

My community is CigarBanter and it's where I get my news. Therefore, if it's posted here it is my concern. So right back atcha!

« Reply #74 on: August 22, 2019, 09:57:57 AM »

[...]

You are just sore because the bots are kicking your ass.🤪
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8