CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: 8/20/2019  (Read 5648 times)

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
Re: 8/20/2019
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2019, 07:32:15 AM »

Had a nice late lunch visit with my old boss, her sister and their  mother yesterday.  Good People, the Mom is 81 years old and in really great shape. 

Boss is planning to retire in February, she is fed up with the nonsense.
Did you try setting up her mom with Dean?
No, she is definitely not Deans type.  She has no deadbeats just 2 nice daughters, does not use illegal drugs, not an alcoholic, owns a nice home and car.  Absolutely Nothing there for Dean.
He seems to be ready for a change. Just saying.
Didn't really seem like the change was voluntary, though. ;)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2019, 07:34:21 AM »

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2019, 07:34:44 AM »

morning Daves and Tony.
Morning Dean’O

Threebean

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2019, 08:07:04 AM »

Morning Daves, Mr. Mayor, and RoughedUpDean.  Full day for me, schitt to get done before heading to the airport and the cool NW again for the rest of the week.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2019, 08:08:21 AM »

Morning Daves, Mr. Mayor, and RoughedUpDean.  Full day for me, schitt to get done before heading to the airport and the cool NW again for the rest of the week.
Morning, ComradeMark.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2019, 08:19:28 AM »

Had a nice late lunch visit with my old boss, her sister and their  mother yesterday.  Good People, the Mom is 81 years old and in really great shape. 

Boss is planning to retire in February, she is fed up with the nonsense.
Did you try setting up her mom with Dean?
No, she is definitely not Deans type.  She has no deadbeats just 2 nice daughters, does not use illegal drugs, not an alcoholic, owns a nice home and car.  Absolutely Nothing there for Dean.
He seems to be ready for a change. Just saying.
Yea, he did even dabble in a youthful choice....

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2019, 08:20:31 AM »

Should be settled down from the fun festivities recently.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2019, 08:24:49 AM »

Morning and Later CommieInTraining

Threebean

« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2019, 08:29:07 AM »

Should be settled down from the fun festivities recently.
Yes, looked like a rollicking good time, so sorry I missed it.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2019, 08:35:22 AM »

Good morning, TravellinMark.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2019, 08:36:38 AM »

And good morning to you too, NJDave.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2019, 08:36:58 AM »

morning TravellinMark.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2019, 08:39:29 AM »

Morning SCDave, OpenToSuggestionsDean, TuesdayTony, BirthdayRunDave and YogaPantsAssesserBean.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2019, 08:42:08 AM »

Today is Tuesday, Aug. 20, the 232nd day of 2019. There are 133 days left in the year.

Today's Highlight in History:
On August 20, 1986, postal employee Patrick Henry Sherrill went on a deadly rampage at a post office in Edmond, Okla., shooting 14 fellow workers to death before killing himself.

On this date:
In 1862, the New York Tribune published an open letter by editor Horace Greeley calling on President Abraham Lincoln to take more aggressive measures to free the slaves and end the South's rebellion.
In 1866, President Andrew Johnson formally declared the Civil War over, months after fighting had stopped.
In 1910, a series of forest fires swept through parts of Idaho, Montana and Washington, killing at least 85 people and burning some 3 million acres.
In 1953, the Soviet Union publicly acknowledged it had tested a hydrogen bomb.
In 1955, hundreds of people were killed in anti-French rioting in Morocco and Algeria.
In 1964, President Lyndon B. Johnson signed the Economic Opportunity Act, a nearly $1 billion anti-poverty measure.
In 1968, the Soviet Union and other Warsaw Pact nations began invading Czechoslovakia to crush the "Prague Spring" liberalization drive.
In 1988, a cease-fire in the war between Iraq and Iran went into effect.
In 1989, entertainment executive Jose Menendez and his wife, Kitty, were shot to death in their Beverly Hills mansion by their sons, Lyle and Erik. Fifty-one people died when a pleasure boat sank in the River Thames in London after colliding with a dredger.
In 2005, Northwest Airlines mechanics went on strike rather than accept pay cuts and layoffs; Northwest ended up hiring replacement workers. San Francisco 49ers offensive lineman Thomas Herrion, 23, died of a heart attack shortly after a preseason game against the Denver Broncos.
In 2008, a Spanish jetliner crashed during takeoff from Madrid, killing 154 people; 18 survived.
In 2017, actor, comic and longtime telethon host Jerry Lewis died of heart disease in Las Vegas at the age of 91.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2019, 08:42:50 AM »

Ten years ago: The only man convicted in the bombing of Pan Am Flight 103 returned home to Libya after his release on compassionate grounds from a Scottish prison. (Abdel Baset al-Megrahi, said to have only months to live because of prostate cancer, died nearly three years later.) Ryan Alexander Jenkins, a contestant on the VH1 reality show "Megan Wants a Millionaire," was charged with murdering his wife, Jasmine Fiore, whose body was found in Buena Park, California. (Jenkins was found dead three days later, an apparent suicide.) One-time Super Bowl star Plaxico Burress accepted a plea bargain with a two-year prison sentence for accidentally shooting himself in the thigh at a Manhattan nightclub.

Five years ago: The United States launched a new barrage of airstrikes against Islamic State extremists and weighed sending more troops to Iraq as President Barack Obama vowed to be relentless in pursuit of a terrorist group that beheaded American journalist James Foley. U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder arrived in Ferguson, Missouri, to meet with federal investigators and reassure residents of the community torn by several nights of racial unrest since the fatal shooting of a black 18-year-old by a white police officer.

One year ago: In a letter to Catholics worldwide, Pope Francis vowed that "no effort must be spared" to root out sex abuse by priests and cover-ups by the Catholic Church. Afghan forces rescued nearly 150 people, hours after the Taliban ambushed a convoy of buses and abducted them; the militants escaped with 21 captives. The Recording Industry of America said The Eagles' greatest hits album had surpassed Michael Jackson's "Thriller" to become the best-selling album of all time in the U.S.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7