Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

  • Administrator
8/19/2019
« on: August 19, 2019, 12:00:07 AM »

Monday, already?!? Are there any cigar deals out there today to be had? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something about cigars along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... Happy Monday and welcome aboard!

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2019, 05:47:34 AM »

Morning Jamming Sleepers, slept in a bit myself this morning. Hopefully I did not miss any great deals on the Jam😂

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2019, 07:03:48 AM »

Good morning, SCDave. Holding down the fort by your lonesome?

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2019, 07:04:25 AM »

Morning Jamming Sleepers, slept in a bit myself this morning. Hopefully I did not miss any great deals on the Jam
That's pretty funny.

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2019, 07:08:12 AM »

Good morning, SCDave. Holding down the fort by your lonesome?
Morning Mayor T, yeah I am the lone fortress around here.

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2019, 07:17:38 AM »

Funny, I was talking about my boss lady last week and she called yesterday and said she was visiting her Sister in North Carolina not all that far from here and wanted to meet up for lunch with us.  Looking forward to visiting with her this afternoon.

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2019, 07:21:26 AM »

First Day of Schools here so I (and thousands of others) am celebrating the first downturn in tourists this year.

But, we still have to dread Labor Day.

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2019, 07:33:12 AM »

Morning SCDave and Mr. Mayor.

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2019, 07:33:25 AM »

Jack Whitaker, Hall of Fame Sports Broadcaster, Dies at 95

Jack Whitaker, whose Hall of Fame broadcasting career ranged from the first Super Bowl to Secretariat's Triple Crown to short essays from major sporting events, died Sunday morning, CBS reported.

The network said Whitaker died of natural causes in his sleep in Devon, Pennsylvania.

Whitaker, a Philadelphia native who was wounded on Omaha Beach three days after the D-Day Invasion, began his broadcast career at WCAU-TV in Philadelphia and spent 22 years for CBS Sports. He worked for ABC from 1982 in the news and sports divisions, and was part of the network's Olympics coverage in 1984 and 1988.

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2019, 07:33:40 AM »

Morning SCDave and Mr. Mayor.
Morning UpStateDave

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2019, 07:34:18 AM »

CelibateDean sleeping in again today?

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2019, 07:35:03 AM »

Funny, I was talking about my boss lady last week and she called yesterday and said she was visiting her Sister in North Carolina not all that far from here and wanted to meet up for lunch with us.  Looking forward to visiting with her this afternoon.
Sounds like a nice lunch, enjoy!

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2019, 07:39:54 AM »

How about the video of this guy during a storm in your neck of the woods last week SCDave....

https://6abc.com/weather/video-shows-man-get-struck-by-lightning-while-walking-in-storm/5472854/

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2019, 07:43:17 AM »

Today is Monday, Aug. 19, the 231st day of 2019. There are 134 days left in the year.

Today's Highlight in History:
On August 19, 1934, a plebiscite in Germany approved the vesting of sole executive power in Adolf Hitler.

On this date:
In 1812, the USS Constitution defeated the British frigate HMS Guerriere off Nova Scotia during the War of 1812, earning the nickname "Old Ironsides."
In 1814, during the War of 1812, British forces landed at Benedict, Maryland, with the objective of capturing Washington D.C.
In 1848, the New York Herald reported the discovery of gold in California.
In 1909, the first automobile races were run at the just-opened Indianapolis Motor Speedway; the winner of the first event was auto engineer Louis Schwitzer, who drove a Stoddard-Dayton touring car twice around the 2.5-mile track at an average speed of 57.4 mph.
In 1942, during World War II, about 6,000 Canadian and British soldiers launched a disastrous raid against the Germans at Dieppe, France, suffering more than 50-percent casualties.
In 1976, President Gerald R. Ford won the Republican presidential nomination at the party's convention in Kansas City.
In 1980, 301 people aboard a Saudi Arabian L-1011 died as the jetliner made a fiery emergency return to the Riyadh airport.
In 1982, Soviet cosmonaut Svetlana Savitskaya became the second woman to be launched into space.
In 1987, a gun collector ran through Hungerford, England, 60 miles west of London, killing 16 people, including his mother, before turning his gun on himself.
In 1990, Leonard Bernstein conducted what turned out to be the last concert of his career at Tanglewood in Lenox, Mass. with the Boston Symphony Orchestra; the program ended with Beethoven's Symphony No. 7.
In 2003, a suicide truck bomb struck U.N. headquarters in Baghdad, killing 22, including the top U.N. envoy, Sergio Vieira de Mello. A suicide bombing of a bus in Jerusalem killed 22 people.
In 2004, Google began trading on the Nasdaq Stock Market, ending the day up $15.34 at $100.34.

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2019, 07:43:20 AM »

CelibateDean sleeping in again today?
Probably catching up on all the sleep he's been missing, sharing his bed with half the population of The Villages.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8