Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2019, 06:48:13 PM »

Afternoon with new version Emilio AF1.
Had never heard of it.
Emilio Cigars was started by Gary Griffith who owned about 30 cigar shops in Delaware.  His first few cigars were formulated and made by AJF, namely the AF-1 and AF-2.  He ventured out to having others make some of his other offerings.  Had a number of well received offerings, got bigger in distributorship handling a number of microbatch offerings for others under the Emilio umbrella. Another early winner was Grimalkin.  He seemed to be a rapid riser in the industry then about two years ago, without notice or explanation apparently walked away from it all.  Emilio Cigars is now managed by Black Label Trading.
I originally got interested in them following AJF.  Sharing last names was also interesting.
http://ultimatecigarparty.com/inside-the-life-of-gary-griffith-founder-of-emilio-cigars-and-house-of-emilio/

https://halfwheel.com/gary-griffith-leaves-house-of-emilio

« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2019, 07:04:49 PM »

[...]

That's very interesting. Almost bought some Black Label stuff recently but I wound up not.

« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2019, 07:21:04 PM »

[...]

I've sampled some.  Good cigars there.

« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2019, 08:27:27 PM »

Black Label Trading (or Scotch) lull...

« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2019, 08:29:59 PM »

Black Label Trading (or Scotch) lull...
Why not both?

« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2019, 10:00:08 PM »

Well here is something interesting... Although I couldn't pick this guy out of a lineup, apparently the deputy in question is enough of a family member that he attended my wedding. (To be clear, that's the wife's family, not mine.)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/newsmaven.io/pinacnews/api/amp/pinacnews/eye-on-government/police-not-saying-whether-florida-deputy-shot-son-to-death-following-argument-k4ewMzuvL0ySP-YnRYDfyA/
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]