Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2019, 06:53:18 AM »

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2019, 06:55:28 AM »

Today is the Wardens 44th Anniversary, WTF Was I Thinking 🤔
I take it you're celebrating 44 years of bliss also?
🎉
If I knew then what I know now....................

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2019, 07:15:03 AM »

good morning guys.
Good morning, Deano.

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2019, 07:16:45 AM »

Today is the Wardens 44th Anniversary, WTF Was I Thinking
I take it you're celebrating 44 years of bliss also?

If I knew then what I know now....................
How can life be so short and so long at the same time?

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2019, 07:17:55 AM »

Hey Tony and Rick - how's about them Yankees last night? ;)
I was herfing with Charlie at an outdoor patio that didn't have TV. I followed on my phone once in a while but that game ended before it started. No biggie, there are a couple of more games to the series.
I don't get to see the games anymore, since Sling dropped my local Fox Sports channel. But I saw a post about the HRs on FB and checked on it through the MLB app. Good to see the bats come alive every now and then. Wish they could've saved a few for the next one, though. :D
Glad our pitching was able to help.

« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2019, 07:25:04 AM »

Today is the Wardens 44th Anniversary, WTF Was I Thinking
Congrats?? I'm married less than half as long and figure I'm deserving of a medal. Cheers to another 44!
Do I have to?
Until death do you part!
Well, not necessarily....

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2019, 07:25:50 AM »

Today is the Wardens 44th Anniversary, WTF Was I Thinking 🤔
I take it you're celebrating 44 years of bliss also?
🎉
If I knew then what I know now....................
That would take all the fun out of it.

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2019, 07:26:09 AM »

Today is the Wardens 44th Anniversary, WTF Was I Thinking
I take it you're celebrating 44 years of bliss also?

If I knew then what I know now....................
How can life be so short and so long at the same time?
Amen

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2019, 07:28:42 AM »

Morning RomanticDevilDave, Deano, Mr. Mayor and NoSprinklesDave.

« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2019, 07:29:45 AM »

Sis offering up Drew Estates this AM.

« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2019, 07:32:43 AM »

Today is Friday, Aug. 16, the 228th day of 2019. There are 137 days left in the year.

Today's Highlight in History:
On August 16, 1977, Elvis Presley died at his Graceland estate in Memphis, Tennessee, at age 42.

On this date:
In 1812, Detroit fell to British and Indian forces in the War of 1812.
In 1858, a telegraphed message from Britain's Queen Victoria to President James Buchanan was transmitted over the recently laid trans-Atlantic cable.
In 1861, President Abraham Lincoln issued Proclamation 86, which prohibited the states of the Union from engaging in commercial trade with states that were in rebellion — i.e., the Confederacy.
In 1920, Ray Chapman of the Cleveland Indians was struck in the head by a pitch thrown by Carl Mays of the New York Yankees; Chapman died the following morning.
In 1948, baseball legend Babe Ruth died in New York at age 53.
In 1962, The Beatles fired their original drummer, Pete Best, replacing him with Ringo Starr.
In 1987, 156 people were killed when Northwest Airlines Flight 255 crashed while trying to take off from Detroit; the sole survivor was 4-year-old Cecelia Cichan (SHEE'-an).
In 1991, Pope John Paul II began the first-ever papal visit to Hungary.
In 1999, the U.S. version of the quiz show "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire," hosted by Regis Philbin, began a limited two-week run on ABC.
In 2000, delegates to the Democratic National Convention in Los Angeles formally nominated Al Gore for president.
In 2002, terrorist mastermind Abu Nidal reportedly was found shot to death in Baghdad, Iraq; he was 65.
In 2003, Idi Amin, the former dictator of Uganda, died in Jiddah, Saudi Arabia; he was believed to have been about 80.

« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2019, 07:33:38 AM »

Ten years ago: Negotiators averted a strike against the San Francisco Bay Area's commuter rail hours before a midnight deadline. Y.E. Yang of South Korea became the first Asian-born player to win one of golf's majors with a three-stroke win over Tiger Woods at the PGA Championship in Chaska, Minnesota. Usain Bolt ran to another world record, winning the 100-meter race in 9.58 seconds at the world championships in Berlin.

Five years ago: Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon declared a state of emergency and imposed a curfew in the St. Louis suburb of Ferguson, where police and protesters repeatedly clashed in the week since a black teenager was shot to death by a white police officer. Pope Francis beatified 124 Korean martyrs during an open-air Mass in Seoul.

One year ago: Aretha Franklin, the undisputed "Queen of Soul," died of pancreatic cancer at the age of 76. Newspapers across the country pushed back against President Donald Trump's attacks on "fake news" with a coordinated series of editorials in defense of a free press. The Pentagon said the Veterans Day military parade ordered up by President Trump wouldn't happen in 2018 and that officials were now looking at 2019; the announcement came hours after reports that the parade would have an estimated cost of $92 million, more than three times the price first suggested by the White House.

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2019, 07:35:38 AM »

Sis offering up Drew Estates this AM.
And your point is?

😀

« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2019, 07:35:57 AM »

Morning UpStateDave

« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2019, 07:38:38 AM »

Today's Birthdays:

Actress Ann Blyth is 91.
Actor Gary Clarke is 86.
Actress Julie Newmar is 86.
Actress-singer Ketty Lester is 85.
Actor John Standing is 85.
College Football Hall of Famer and NFL player Bill Glass is 84.
Actress Anita Gillette is 83.
Country singer Billy Joe Shaver is 80.
Movie director Bruce Beresford is 79.
Actor Bob Balaban is 74.
Ballerina Suzanne Farrell is 74.
Actress Lesley Ann Warren is 73.
Rock singer-musician Joey Spampinato is 71. Actor Marshall Manesh is 69.
Actor Reginald VelJohnson is 67.
Former TV host Kathie Lee Gifford is 66.
Rhythm-and-blues singer J.T. Taylor is 66.
Movie director James Cameron is 65.
Actor Jeff Perry is 64.
Rock musician Tim Farriss (INXS) is 62.
Actress Laura Innes is 62.
Singer Madonna is 61.
Actress Angela Bassett is 61.
Actor Timothy Hutton is 59.
Actor Steve Carell (kuh-REHL') is 57.
Former tennis player Jimmy Arias is 55.
Actor-singer Donovan Leitch is 52.
Actor Andy Milder is 51.
Actor Seth Peterson is 49.
Country singer Emily Robison (The Dixie Chicks) is 47.
Actor George Stults is 44.
Singer Vanessa Carlton is 39.
Actor Cam Gigandet is 37.
Actress Agnes Bruckner is 34.
Singer-musician Taylor Goldsmith (Dawes) is 34.
Actress Cristin Milioti is 34.
Actor Shawn Pyfrom is 33.
Country singer Ashton Shepherd is 33.
Actor Okieriete Onaodowan is 32.
Country singer Dan Smyers (Dan & Shay) is 32. NHL goalie Carey Price is 32.
Actor Kevin G. Schmidt is 31.
Actress Rumer Willis is 31.
Actor Parker Young is 31.
Rapper Young Thug is 28.