CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: 8/8/2019  (Read 6944 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 8/8/2019
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2019, 08:04:18 AM »

Morning Deano

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2019, 08:05:10 AM »

only 7 million to go:

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) said Wednesday that its officers had raided seven food processing plants in Mississippi and detained approximately 680 "removable aliens" in what a federal prosecutor described as "the largest single-state immigration enforcement operation in our nation's history."

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2019, 08:08:16 AM »

good morning Daves, Rick, and Tony. thunderstorm passes through around 4am, going to be hot and humid the rest of the day.

golf went well. left my driver at home and was hitting my 3 wood as long as everyones drives. played decent, rained for 15 minutes, then I lost my head and got frustrated with my partner piddle fucking around, talking while I hitting, etc.

lay low day.
I remember one time my dad and I were playing down south somewhere, either GA or SC, and we were paired with this guy who kept cheating about where his ball was on the green. He'd bend down to mark it, then toss the ball marker a few feet ahead of where his ball was. I'm not sure a) why he thought one of us wouldn't notice, or b) why he bothered, since we weren't playing for money. Some people are just jackasses. Sounds like your guy is the same.
he was off his meds. we usually get along great. I guess I just lost patience with him yesterday. next week I break in a 'new guy'.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2019, 08:12:04 AM »

@LTG. I returned those golf clubs. just didn't feel right even with new grips. guy paid for the new grips so there's that.
bought a new set of knock offsyesterday after golf. adding 1/2" to the irons . will be delivered Monday.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2019, 08:18:53 AM »

@LTG. I returned those golf clubs. just didn't feel right even with new grips. guy paid for the new grips so there's that.
bought a new set of knock offsyesterday after golf. adding 1/2" to the irons . will be delivered Monday.
I used to use clubs that were longer, but my current Nikes are just off the rack. One of these days, I'd love to get fitted, which pretty much everyone says you should do. Hope the new ones work out for ya.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2019, 08:19:21 AM »

good morning Daves, Rick, and Tony. thunderstorm passes through around 4am, going to be hot and humid the rest of the day.

golf went well. left my driver at home and was hitting my 3 wood as long as everyones drives. played decent, rained for 15 minutes, then I lost my head and got frustrated with my partner piddle fucking around, talking while I hitting, etc.

lay low day.
I remember one time my dad and I were playing down south somewhere, either GA or SC, and we were paired with this guy who kept cheating about where his ball was on the green. He'd bend down to mark it, then toss the ball marker a few feet ahead of where his ball was. I'm not sure a) why he thought one of us wouldn't notice, or b) why he bothered, since we weren't playing for money. Some people are just jackasses. Sounds like your guy is the same.
he was off his meds. we usually get along great. I guess I just lost patience with him yesterday. next week I break in a 'new guy'.
Bring some extra meds for this one, just in case. ;)

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Click the globe below to see my top rated cigars.
    • Click my web link to see my list of top rated cigars...
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2019, 08:24:53 AM »

lay low day.
Sounds like my golf game. Half the trouble is between my ears.

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2019, 08:27:02 AM »

I used to use clubs that were longer, but my current Nikes are just off the rack. One of these days, I'd love to get fitted, which pretty much everyone says you should do. Hope the new ones work out for ya.
I got fitted with my new Pings. Worth the investment. If I could only find time to be out more than twice a month

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2019, 08:28:24 AM »

when I retired I had a set of Taylormade Burners fitted for me. it was a big investment to me but I figured it would be the last set I'd own. I remembered the 1/2" extension on my irons and the 2 hybrids. only thing I did different was the Taylormade Burner 2 knock offs.

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2019, 08:29:18 AM »

It really matters who you play golf with. If your with good golfer's usually will shoot better. Maybe just me?

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2019, 08:30:50 AM »

It really matters who you play golf with. If your with good golfer's usually will shoot better. Maybe just me?
Not at all, the company you're with can definitely affect your play. Case in point, Dean was getting irritated with his playing partner and started playing like shit.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2019, 08:31:24 AM »

I got fitted with my new Pings. Worth the investment. If I could only find time to be out more than twice a month
It's definitely on the radar for the future. Probably not the near future, but still. Lol

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2019, 08:32:48 AM »

lay low day.
Sounds like my golf game. Half the trouble is between my ears.
I think my biggest problem is that if we're very lucky, we've got 6-7 months out of the year to play. Hard to get good at anything that way.

Threebean

« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2019, 08:49:01 AM »

Good morning golfers and others.  Never took to the game myself. 

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2019, 09:19:41 AM »

Good morning golfers and others.  Never took to the game myself.
Good morning Bean. It's very similar to woman we love and hate em all in the same round.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8