« Reply #60 on: August 07, 2019, 10:27:27 AM »

Rolling Stones while performing in North Jersey has to get out for a Pork Roll egg and cheese breakfast.  You go Mick!

https://www.nj.com/entertainment/2019/08/the-rolling-stones-ate-taylor-ham-at-the-tick-tock-diner-yes-they-called-it-taylor-ham.html
Chit Chat Diner is better but they could have had worse. And of course, it's called Taylor Ham. Duh.
North Jersey is a bit off.  Proper Jersians know pork roll.
...although I am satisfied that I know a deli in Clemson that has Taylor ham.  It will do in a pinch.

« Reply #61 on: August 07, 2019, 10:30:10 AM »

Third offering in the trilogy of Room 101 "leftovers" offerings:

https://www.cigarsinternational.com/p/room-101-muzzle-loader-cigars/2024941/
Muzzle Loader? I AM OFFENDED.

« Reply #62 on: August 07, 2019, 10:31:38 AM »

Rolling Stones while performing in North Jersey has to get out for a Pork Roll egg and cheese breakfast.  You go Mick!

https://www.nj.com/entertainment/2019/08/the-rolling-stones-ate-taylor-ham-at-the-tick-tock-diner-yes-they-called-it-taylor-ham.html
Chit Chat Diner is better but they could have had worse. And of course, it's called Taylor Ham. Duh.
North Jersey is a bit off.  Proper Jersians know pork roll.
...although I am satisfied that I know a deli in Clemson that has Taylor ham.  It will do in a pinch.

« Reply #63 on: August 07, 2019, 10:32:42 AM »

Rolling Stones while performing in North Jersey has to get out for a Pork Roll egg and cheese breakfast.  You go Mick!

https://www.nj.com/entertainment/2019/08/the-rolling-stones-ate-taylor-ham-at-the-tick-tock-diner-yes-they-called-it-taylor-ham.html
Chit Chat Diner is better but they could have had worse. And of course, it's called Taylor Ham. Duh.
North Jersey is a bit off.  Proper Jersians know pork roll.
...although I am satisfied that I know a deli in Clemson that has Taylor ham.  It will do in a pinch.
Are you suggesting Case is better?

« Reply #64 on: August 07, 2019, 10:35:13 AM »

Third offering in the trilogy of Room 101 "leftovers" offerings:

https://www.cigarsinternational.com/p/room-101-muzzle-loader-cigars/2024941/
Added to Breakfast in Portugal and Miami Snow.

« Reply #65 on: August 07, 2019, 10:35:42 AM »

Rolling Stones while performing in North Jersey has to get out for a Pork Roll egg and cheese breakfast.  You go Mick!

https://www.nj.com/entertainment/2019/08/the-rolling-stones-ate-taylor-ham-at-the-tick-tock-diner-yes-they-called-it-taylor-ham.html
Chit Chat Diner is better but they could have had worse. And of course, it's called Taylor Ham. Duh.
North Jersey is a bit off.  Proper Jersians know pork roll.
...although I am satisfied that I know a deli in Clemson that has Taylor ham.  It will do in a pinch.
Are you suggesting Case is better?
I'm not suggesting, I know.

« Reply #66 on: August 07, 2019, 10:36:54 AM »

Third offering in the trilogy of Room 101 "leftovers" offerings:

https://www.cigarsinternational.com/p/room-101-muzzle-loader-cigars/2024941/
Muzzle Loader? I AM OFFENDED.
So just order the Miami Snow(flake)

« Reply #67 on: August 07, 2019, 10:40:44 AM »

Rolling Stones while performing in North Jersey has to get out for a Pork Roll egg and cheese breakfast.  You go Mick!

https://www.nj.com/entertainment/2019/08/the-rolling-stones-ate-taylor-ham-at-the-tick-tock-diner-yes-they-called-it-taylor-ham.html
Chit Chat Diner is better but they could have had worse. And of course, it's called Taylor Ham. Duh.
North Jersey is a bit off.  Proper Jersians know pork roll.
...although I am satisfied that I know a deli in Clemson that has Taylor ham.  It will do in a pinch.
Are you suggesting Case is better?
I'm not suggesting, I know.
Hahaha. I've enjoyed both. Not sure I can tell the difference. I may have to take the challenge.

« Reply #68 on: August 07, 2019, 10:41:39 AM »

« Reply #69 on: August 07, 2019, 10:51:28 AM »

Rolling Stones while performing in North Jersey has to get out for a Pork Roll egg and cheese breakfast.  You go Mick!

https://www.nj.com/entertainment/2019/08/the-rolling-stones-ate-taylor-ham-at-the-tick-tock-diner-yes-they-called-it-taylor-ham.html
Chit Chat Diner is better but they could have had worse. And of course, it's called Taylor Ham. Duh.
North Jersey is a bit off.  Proper Jersians know pork roll.
...although I am satisfied that I know a deli in Clemson that has Taylor ham.  It will do in a pinch.
Are you suggesting Case is better?
I'm not suggesting, I know.
Hahaha. I've enjoyed both. Not sure I can tell the difference. I may have to take the challenge.
Although after a quick Google search I can see that Case was a copycat brand started 14 years after Taylor. Since Case is based out of Trenton, I understand where your loyalties lay. (Or is it lie?)

« Reply #70 on: August 07, 2019, 10:59:26 AM »

[...]

I think it's actually, "where your loyalties be." Or lie.

« Reply #71 on: August 07, 2019, 11:28:58 AM »

[...]

A little more Pork Roll info/facts...

Both Case and Taylor are Trenton based.
There are currently about 6 pork roll manufacturers:
Case
Taylor
Hatfield
Johnson
Alderfer
Loeffler  (also Trenton)

Case and Taylor are most commonly available

« Reply #72 on: August 07, 2019, 11:30:22 AM »

[...]

I'm a Case man myself.

« Reply #73 on: August 07, 2019, 11:36:15 AM »

Another regional meat ….Summer Sausage by Loeffler  A very mild veal and pork sausage.  Very different from what most consider summer sausage which is dried or smoked and can be kept without refrigeration.  More similar to German Weisswurst.

« Reply #74 on: August 07, 2019, 11:39:14 AM »

[...]

When my sister came into town over the July 4th holiday, she brought me some Alderfer and Taylor.