Pages: 1 [2] 3

« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2019, 07:13:03 AM »

Today's Birthdays:

The 14th Dalai Lama, Tenzin Gyatso, is 84.
Actor Ned Beatty is 82.
Singer Gene Chandler is 79.
Country singer Jeannie Seely is 79.
Actor Burt Ward is 74.
Former President George W. Bush is 73.
Actor-director Sylvester Stallone is 73.
Actor Fred Dryer is 73.
Actress Shelley Hack is 72.
Actress Nathalie Baye is 71.
Actor Geoffrey Rush is 68.
Actress Allyce Beasley is 68.
Rock musician John Bazz (The Blasters) is 67.
Actor Grant Goodeve is 67.
Country singer Nanci Griffith is 66.
Retired MLB All-Star Willie Randolph is 65.
Jazz musician Rick Braun is 64.
Actor Casey Sander is 64.
Country musician John Jorgenson is 63.
Former first daughter Susan Ford Bales is 62.
Hockey player and coach Ron Duguay is 62.
Actress-writer Jennifer Saunders is 61.
Rock musician John Keeble (Spandau Ballet) is 60.
Actor Pip Torrens is 59.
Actor Brian Posehn is 53.
Actor Robb Derringer is 52.
Political reporter/moderator John Dickerson is 51.
Actor Brian Van Holt is 50.
Rapper Inspectah Deck (Wu-Tang Clan) is 49.
TV host Josh Elliott is 48.
Rapper 50 Cent is 44.
Actress Tia Mowry is 41.
Comedian-actor Kevin Hart is 40.
Actress Eva Green is 39.
Actor Gregory Smith is 36.
Rock musician Chris "Woody" Wood (Bastille) is 34.
Rock singer Kate Nash is 32.
Actor Jeremy Suarez is 29.
Baseball star Manny Machado is 27.

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2019, 07:13:38 AM »

Thought for Today: "Freedom is always and exclusively freedom for the one who thinks differently." — Rosa Luxemburg, Polish-German revolutionary (1871-1919).

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2019, 07:14:22 AM »

849 members.
2 members posting.
Not so bad for a Saturday morning, we made it to page 2 Dean.

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2019, 07:19:35 AM »

849 members.
2 members posting.
My 2¢ Worth:

Banters and forums focusing on many if not most different topics seem to have lost interest over the past couple of years.  Firearms and political forums stay pretty active it seems like but not many others.  I lurk around at a couple of long running fishing forums much larger than this one ever was and posts have fallen off to almost nothing.  A couple of other Cigar Forums I lurk around at occasionally have slowed way down also.  The thrill has gone, having 6 regular posters, 3 or 4 former now occasional posters and about 840 trolls doesn’t promote much interest.

Facebook and instagram are also other enemies of the traditional forums.

Last but not least, there are too many assholes and nuts hanging out on the various forums these days.  Assholes and frauds are a huge problem with the fishing forums.

Also, I personally believe the premium cigar industry as a whole has lost its cool factor and is headed into the tank.

« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2019, 07:20:00 AM »

Morning Dean’O and UpStateDave

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2019, 07:26:22 AM »

849 members.
2 members posting.
Not so bad for a Saturday morning, we made it to page 2 Dean.
we have! 😂

« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2019, 07:47:32 AM »

[...]

I belong to a small private group on FB, they have the same problem but finally weeded out alot of 'inactive members'.

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2019, 07:52:27 AM »

[...]

On the more local area fishing forums the local guides regularly go on there and post totally fake information.  On the larger fishing forums the manufacturers have people post fake info about boats and tackle, especially about smaller manufacturers products.

« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2019, 08:09:06 AM »

Certified Nutcase of the week:

CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — A Chesterfield family spoke with 8News Friday after fending off a naked intruder who broke into their home on South Twilight Lane the night before. The intruder claimed to be the devil and attacked the family, prompting the homeowner to fire 39 rounds.

She was in to kill us,” Melissa Lewis said. “That was her almighty, to kill us. She attacked us and I held her down just kept on punching her and punching her as hard as I possibly could.”

The Lewis’ dream home now looks like a war zone, with blood soaked into the carpet, the walls and windows riddled with bullets and shell casings scattered all over.

“I said ‘who are you?” Lewis’ husband, who did not wish to go on camera, explained. “She said ‘I need your help, please help me.’ I said ‘get out of my house,’ and she goes ‘I’m the devil.’”

She looked possessed, her eyes were completely black, like saucers, and she was laughing like it was a joke,” Lewis’s husband told 8News.

Lewis said the woman aggressively charged at him with superhuman strength.

“She was not stopping,” he said. “She had the strength of four grown men.”

When he ran out of bullets, Lewis began throwing furniture at her. His wife and children eventually jumped in and attempted to stop the woman. The intruder didn’t stop until one of the children, the Lewis’ 12-year-old son Logan, shoved a wrench into her neck.

Police arrested the intruder and she is being treated and evaluated at the hospital. The Lewis family left with bruises and bite marks.

I’m scared to go in there, I won’t even go into any room by myself, I’m terrified,” M. Lewis said.

Detectives told the family that the suspect lives nearby and will eventually be charged robbery, breaking and entering and attempted murder. She is currently in the ICU with severe head trauma.

« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2019, 08:30:06 AM »

39 rounds at close range and she's still alive?  He either needs to get rid of that gun or spend some time at the range.

« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2019, 08:31:50 AM »

[...]

:(

« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2019, 08:35:38 AM »

[...]

May be similar to drops in participation for organizations like Lions and Kiwanis, organized sports beyond little kids sports leagues.  People dont seem to value making the time commitment, are "too busy" and have too short an attention span or need immediate gratification.

« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2019, 08:36:54 AM »

[...]

Probably Some truth to that too

« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2019, 08:37:19 AM »

7.1 Quake Rocks SoCal, Searles Valley Hit Hard For Second Time In 24 Hours

Friday’s 7.1 and Thursday’s 6.4 both had epicenters near the community of Ridgecrest. The Thursday quake was already the biggest to hit Southern California in 20 years.

Since yesterday, there were more than 1,400 smaller quakes. The largest recorded about 5.0.
not sure what's keeping it from sliding off into the ocean, but it's just a matter of time. Nevada could become beach front property.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3